Engine help please

Hi everyone

First of I would like to apologise if this is posted in the wrong section. I do not know anything about Nissan I usually deal with Vaux but my wife was given a Nissan that is not taxed, MOT etc. The first major problem is when you start it you have to have your foot on the gas pedal other wise it cuts out. the same goes when you take you foot of the gas pedal it cuts out. its not been driven properly in 2 years and not started in to months. There is also white smoke from the exhsust when it is running with your foot on the gas.

Any help will be gratefully received and expect more questions:laugh:

The car is a 97 K11 1.0

It says the shape model on the V5?

as andy said, first give a full service (oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, fuel filter unless there's proof its been done, spark plugs unless its recent)

whilst the coolants been drained, remove the dizzy (mark its last position), remove dizzy cap, wirebrush the white oxide off the contact points (if its very worn replace it), take out the two temp sensors and check their Ohms/Degree C are within spec. refit sensor & dizzy

next remove airbox, take out the Idle Air control Valve at front of the TB and clean with carb cleaner till the inside valve turns smooth (may need an impact driver for the stiff screw), refit making sure not to trap the o-ring (should just slip in nicely with smear of wd40).

dsc03967r.jpg

next i recommend removing the waxstat coldstart mechanism at the back of the TB cos the wax tend to seize stuck open and cause conflicting idle issues with the IAV which does the same thing.
undoing the 4 allen bolts & taking the TB out makes access easier

k750124.jpg
k550i466.jpg

clean the MAF sensor with carb cleaner

adjust the TPS sensor till the middle & frontmost pin reads 0.5ohms with throttle closed

refit everything, fill & bleed coolant

warm up engine to full temp, adjust the black allen head idle bleed screw at back of TB to 750rpm, check timing is 15deg (5th notch from the left)
if not then set to 15deg, readjust idle to 750rpm and recheck timing.

Hello I had a fiddle in the car today and it seems to be better(possible lose electrical plug) but will give the above ago. Now its running on its own you have to give it some revs to move of or it stalls and there is a small oil trail were the car has moved form the exhaust. Any ideas?

oil trail from the exhaust? sure its not just water mixed with black soot?
What pollyp said is good advise (although im not sure about using carb cleaner on the MAF sensor?) that and resolder the throttle body, there is loads of info on this on the net, just google k11 throttle body solder or something.
good luck with it, if the above doesnt work i would recommend a compression test.
also, is your coolant level low?

ahh right
do as mention'd before then take it from their
white smoke is water,or seems to be :grinning: the green life

Yep enrichment stage when cold will smell rich :)
Blue smoke when reved or cold usually a sign a sign of valve stem oil seals :( no biggy just keep the oil topped off or whip the head off!
You can change them on some cars with our taking the head off! Not sure about cg engines
Needing to rev to start cold start valve not working properly
Needing to keep the revs up when moving off or stood still, knackard clutch maybe or Throttle body, or idle valve

Back