slooooooow engine please help

Hi total newbie and have owned my 2000 1.0 Micra (she is called mary) for a week. Prob is she doesnt like accelerating?? Seems fine just driving around v smooth but when I get on the open road she seems to be retarded so at about 50 in forth she will not pull even with my foot flat to the floor, if I ease of a bit she seems to pick up a bit but not smoothly.

My mechanical knowledge is limited to checking the air-cleaner which is about new....... hey thats not bad for a girl. Any one tell me where to start, actually where my dad or brother can start.. Katekate.

When was it last serviced? How's the oil etc.
When accelerating in my 1.3 I don't tend to put it into 4th until 45mph odd (if i'm being fuel frugal) usually anyways so I would have thought the 1.0 would take a little more to get there.

plenty of oil and it is golden so quite fresh, not sure when last properly serviced but it came from an old lady who had most of the history and would not have thrashed it, it has done 100k miles but really looked after car. Think it is going to have to go in for a service. I know it is not a rocket ship but it just doent like pulling in 3rd or 4th from about mid revs

Just checked the dash and the little engine light is on does this mean it is service time or does it mean problem?? Any help please:(

I think on the 2000 Micras you can get a diagnostic from the ECU pins near the fuses in the kickbox down the right hand side of the steering wheel which would give you a fault code. I just can't find the thread that explains the procedure and the codes. :(

engine check light means the cars sick :)

Id suspect maybe the throttlebody (completely off the top of my head -- so dont take as the truth lol but they are a common problem) as from my experience if the dizzy goes, it goes properly and i dont think fueling would be the problem.

Back