Newbie help please - purchase/diagnostics

R

RockyBalboa

Hi ALL,

I am looking at purchasing a Micra very soon and have a few question.

My first main question is when did the diagnostic port under the steering wheel come in? Would a 99T or 99V have it? If not, how does one read the diagnostics on these cars.

Secondly, looking at 1.3 Inspiration and 1.3 SE. What is the main difference between these two models and is there anything major I should look out for/test for?

Thanks.

Many thanks for that.. good news.

Going to look at a couple tomorrow.. venturing far and wide most probably!

If anyone can tell me whether an SE is much better specced than an 'Inspiration', I'd be grateful.

i'd presume rocco's talking bout the 1.3 inspiration in comparison to the 1.3 Si and has just mugguled his models around...

Rocky: if you search the k11 general section theres a thred which lists all the models and features etc... i cant be arsed to sift through it all tho right now lol... good luck...

Hi

They are both K11s and one is listed as a 1.3 SE. The only difference I can tell is that it has electric windows, ABS and alloys (plus a few other minor things) over the Inspiration.

Tried looking for that post but can't find it.

Thanks all.

Hi

Saw a 1.3 Inspiration today which was on a 99 T plate but it had no diagnostic socket under the steering wheel?

the SE is the facelift facelift micra k11 (2000+), its should be a 1.4 coilpack not a 1.3. id go for the SE as it has more extras than the insperation :) plus theres not many 2000+ models on here, only james t's- turbo 1.4 coilpack and wrenchables 1.0 coilpack :)

The one that was down as a 1.3 SE has been sold. The 1.3 Inspiration was pance.

Back to the search. Any ideas on the diagnostic socket?

So it's under the fuse cover? Really? i looked in there I'm sure. :blush:

It's meant to look like this isn't it:

connector-schema.jpg

?

Thanks once again.

Aha! Progress. So pre-2001 what will it look like and what kind of interface connects to it?

Thank you.

Hi All,

Well I finally found a decent one and picked it up yesterday:

1.3 Celebration. W Registration, PAS, Air Con, 5 doors, Intense Blue.

Now does anyone know what/how I connect a diagnostic device to this?

Thanks.

Back