Donny 06 review

it was the best one i have been to
loads of track action :D

motor-x freestye
drifting
time attack
not just the usuall donuts in little square.

Hey all,

Well been back for a few hours now. :) Had a great time as usual at Donny, and for a change the weather just about held off for most of the weekend. There was a slight bit of rain which then cleared up and the sun came out today. Good to meet a few new faces and also see everyone else again. The new Donny is quite good, very very spaced out and absoultely huge, not sure if that is a good thing or not but many more cars and the track was also very kool. :) I was knackered on the Saturday night though from walking around all day and having no car to sit in lol. Was quite an eventful weekend to say the least, and my mates car has had to be towed home lol. I will post up pictures and video probably tonight. :)

kristian said:
CLASS vid...

basically this sums up the donny track action for me... all the D1 drift stuff was utter class..

yeah..and the crashes on the main track :D

Big_ben said:
one of the other forums im on organised a road trip down and practicaly everyone has said it was the worst donny for years. I wouldnt know as i wasnt there but i will still come next yr
Interesting comments and I'm sure people will have mixed views.

but for me.

Positives

1. Track action.
2. Drifting exhibition.
3. ICE village.
4. Traders laid out much better
5. Food stands spread out well.
6. mobile R/R
7. Attracted a much better standard of car.
8. More an enthausist event
9. Much more varied then any other donny show
10. Much better and cleaner public facilities.

Negatives.

1. Most car clubs next to dirt tracks
2. lack of signs
3. Poor marshalling ( yet again I have to step in as organiser to help one our members)
4. Marshalls not knowing the layout properly.
5. campsite was a disagrace.

I think sorting out the negatives which less face it can be done for next year and it was the first year at the current location. Far more stronger positives and to be honest most events I have attended carry those negatives.

Kev

Well just got back about half an hour ago now, had a great weekend, few problems with the organising on saturday morning, as kev found out as i just kept driving around :p organisaton of the place was crap.....and also the dust was annoying too. Prefered the old location persoanlly but i could porbably get used to this one. Anyway had a great weekend :)

ModdedMicras.co.uk? Or attach the images to the posts? I have removed the image uploading limits for the moment so you can upload as many as you like :)

Sorry, my bad, my page hadn't updated. It's late and the journey home took ages lol

Got 53mpg on the way back though! And Ed got 43!! Work that one out! :D

Lol, I'll let you off. :p Think I'm ready for bed now too!!!

I don't think I actually told many people about my great nights sleep on Friday night!!! We (me and the lady) were very tired so were ready for bed by about 9:30ish, which is unlike me usually but nevertheless we were in bed by 10. For about an hour we couldn't sleep, then some other people in nearby rooms were been very noisy until about 1 in the morning lol, so still no sleep, finally got about 10 minutes sleep and then G text me at about 3 in the morning lol. So I text him for a bit then start to doze off, until about 4:30 when the damn fire alarm goes off!!! grr Ok, so everyone goes outside in their PJ's in the freezing cold and 2 fire engines arrive lol. About 5ish we get back into bed and finally get about an hour or so sleep before we have to get up for Donny on the Saturday lol, much fun!!! :D

Just a bit of a summary, had a really cool weekend. Two reasons, the show was good and everyone was friendly and good company. Everyone who attended from the MSC you did the club proud, it was nice to see you all out in force and new faces too.

Track time was quite an experience, Redline came over and saw the ST and asked if I would like to take it on the track complements of them. SURE I said, so I rushed off to hire a helmet and then a quick briefing. It was my first EVER time on a real track. My honest thoughts before I got on there was that the ST would probably not fair too well. One because of my lack of (track!) driving skills and two because the ST has a hard time dealing with the power produced on the road (intercooler brakes etc). Needless to say after 5 laps the water temp was way too high for my liking the GTI-R brakes had faded (they bind slightly which must be sorted soon) and so they went and the intercooler was just utterly toasting. (onset of pinging). Road suspension isnt good either. All in all it really was not built for the job and I wont be taking it back on such a track untill I have resolved all of those, which wont be for a while. I was actually worried that if I had done another lap I may have been close to causing quite serious damage to the engine, and then when it started raining, I really knew that enough was enough and I couldn't treat the poor thing like that any more. Im going to do some checks tomorrow just to make sure its all ok. James got abit of video, Ill see play it back and if there is much to show ill upload it :)

Had a few minor probs on the way back again, after the track time it seems on of my calipers is now sticking, and so after being stuck in the M1 traffic stop starting one actually overheated, so I lost braking on the front drivers side. (very odd feeling) I pulled off to check allowed them to cool and they were fine after that, but as a precaution I didnt go above 60mph for the last 110 miles and mananged an utterly amazing 43mpg!! Shows its possible!

It was good fun going down yesterday to the show, first donny show out of 3 iv been to that it hasnt rained! :laugh:
Did take me a while to find all the micras tho, was stood over the other side of the track for a while tryin to work out how to get over after id spotted them lol
Love the new colour on Kevs car :love:

those pictures are so nice ! i so wish i came down now :( there is that C2 that had £100,000 spent on it !!!! wooooooo sex on wheels

can i just add the guys and girls from lancer-evo.net where mad on the track. They have some very quick cars and where not scared to use them on the track!

Looked good! excellent vid Ian, the drifting looked class! wasnt a fan of it when it first came on the scene but its really grew on me now. Sumo's 350 was ripping it up. i love that car!

Had a really good weekend, had a bit of trouble getting let in on the Sunday but got in the end!Nice to meet a few people and put faces to names. Only bad thing was the dust and on my black car it shows BIG time!Very good weekend

I got lots of videos of the cars going round the track too which I will try and upload when I find the leads, but it really doesn't compare to the sounds that the cars were making around the track. Some of them were really loud and sounded awesome. Really good weekend. :) I loved it.

those of you not familiar with the donny show. Its not all body kits and sound systems and jap tuning..

there were some gorgious replica ferreris and lamborginis, and a Jet Quad, and a judge dread type van and a STUNNING low rider with hydrolic suspension.. to name a FEW

dscn30855oy.jpg

dscn31134xg.jpg

dscn31706tl.jpg

dscn33087hl.jpg

donny

Hi there, it was my first time to a show like that and was very good, good to see the micras there, was good day funny on way hoe wid full car or me m8s ####in bwt evo, pickup and rover coupe lol, yeh that c2 is mint and ma bros m8 works for the company who made it (SQ).

in my opinion i thought it was a bit boring. best bits were the track/drift and the promo lasses ;)

had a good chat with kev sunday mornin, very impressed with the corrola mate.

doubt ill be goin next year :/

Just back home to Scotland, what a weekend! Logged on to MSc and there is 4 Pm's for me and 1056 posts for me to read!! haha

Must say - the weekend deff had the feel of JAE to it, i had alot of fun and was good to meet some new faces. Kristians car was the Micra of the show, and seemed like a top bloke to.
Was an eventful weekend to say the least with Carl running it the back of me, then his clutch cable snapping just as we went to leave, but got it all sorted and it turned out fine! Was so tired throuhg the whole show, and even got caught on camera!
Have got footage to get put up, but now i need sleep as the trip on the car reads 937.4 miles lol

Cheers for a great weekend folks, was good to see all again, and i'll be down again soon :)

Sleepy Titch :kungfu:

have to agree a great show.
manged good fuel consumption on the car. could be something todo with convoying up without being flat to the floor.
put my car on the dyno up there didn't know what to expect. and manged to get 105hp at the flywheel and 83hp at the wheels. the bloke at the dyno was surprised and the toque curve and how flat it was.
good to see old faces and kev change of colours put unfortnatly missed out on pizza hut with you lot and ended up with my mate and the hyundai coupe club in hooters with tv's with sport on ever wall. one could say it's an upfront bar.
look forward to see you at other shows.

intersting to see another dyno report.
flywheel figure seems a bit high though, myself i would put it more at 97bhp@fly with a 15% loss. what are your mods?
i hope to get a dyno done in the next few weeks.
have to watch out for correct temp readings factored into calculations aswell i have been told.

flywheel loss is usually 10bhp+15% as a rough average on fwd cars. This was i think one of the most conservative dynos I have ever been on. Its safe to say welly has at least that.

There was quiet a few sheds there this year anyway.

And the reason that i was feeling tired and sick all weekend was - Food Poisioning!! Was very sick this morning (Proper violent) so had to get to the doctors as the pain was really bad, so he came to the conclusion that it's food poisioning and i'm on loads of tablets for it now :(

Be warned - dony eat the shady ####ty food from the very over priced food Stands at any festival!

Titch :(
:kungfu:

Titch said:
Be warned - dony eat the shady ####ty food from the very over priced food Stands at any festival!

I must admit, the two half pound cheese burgers i got didnt agree with me when i was back in the hotel either!

Hope your ok mate

Funny - i got mine from the stand just next to the MSC stand. Hmmm, sounds a bit to strange. I'll live, just hurts :(

One of the higlights of the weekedn tho - James drunk!!

Was coming back from the bowling on the Saturday night, and Ed & I had a lil sport with me car and the ST, Now on corners my car rules - but on the straghit - well, no danger haha.

So driving back down the road, gets along side the ST and then James calls me, all i hear is

Steaming James said:
Ummm........ Helloooooooooooo

*Ed puts the foot down and passes me like i'm reversing*

Steaming James said:
Ummm........ Byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Was quality! Then we get back to hotel, and Ed takes me out for a Spin in the ST with the NOS on, and while James tries to get out, he almost falls out over the car by catching his foot on the seat belt! hahaha - was classic to say the least!

Titch :kungfu:

Actually Ed said "Call Titch up!" you weren't supposed to hang up lol!! I was gonna ask if you saw any flames coming out the exhaust!

But yeah, it was all in good fun, I'm dreading the moment Ed uploads the video footage of me trying to bowl while tipsy :D

This is one great think that is deff starting to come back to the MSC. Community & Friendships. The sense that people aren't just here to see what can be done with thier cars etc, but the fact that this is one of the most friendly fourms that i'm on and have some lasting Friendships and memories from this place!

Ahh - the hotel at night was a banter with G and me and the whole weekend was just brilliant. Really felt the JAE touch to it this year - alot more so than last year. Anyway i'll shut up before i start crying haha

Titch :kungfu:

Back