do your mates give yo stick?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
for driving a micra? or beeing in the MSC? well im askin simply because mine do!, im "sad" and "bent" for being in the MSC and payin £20 a year for the privilege, they rip the water outta my micra, (i dunno why they all drive corsa's and clios!) i say its the same as the mini club etc where you get discounts n have meets etc but im still "gay". i say "doing my micra is exactly the same as doing a clio, corsa, and saxo (with low engines like our's, 1.0 'n' 1.3). just asking if you lot get this at all or not? it don't bother me, i just let it go over me head but it get a bit annoying when they bring it up all the time!

rant over lol, whats your views?

Nope, never had that problem.............mainly because once taken out for a drive the sceptics are usually quite suprised by it's handling and performance. Yeah it's no GTI-R but for what it is it causes plenty of grief to a lot of other cars with much bigger engines and seemingly better "standard" performance figures.

People who don't have a car and aren't into car give me crap - i tell them to sod off

People who know their cars but don't drive - are kinda like why? untill i tell them whats planned then their face lights up and i normally get a reply "nova killer".

People who drive and take the mick - well they don't know.

You always get mixed reactions. The most common mickey take it went i'm at a set of lights then it boils down to who's faster - but thats pod talk ;)

My mates took the P at first but they've gotten used to it. You still get people giving you the odd look as your driving through town. Earlier on a couple of guys in a transit looked and pointed, i could lipread what the guy said "Look what he's done that ******* micra", i just waved and drove off lol.

At the end of the day, im not embarrased for driving what i drive! They'l only give you stick for so long before they get bored and move onto something else.. just dont let it get to you :)

people take the **** until they find out about what my car can do...

but some still say, "but why a micra?"

Low Rider said:
Nope, never had that problem.............mainly because once taken out for a drive the sceptics are usually quite suprised by it's handling and performance. Yeah it's no GTI-R but for what it is it causes plenty of grief to a lot of other cars with much bigger engines and seemingly better "standard" performance figures.

Same here I get people asking if I want to go out and if I'll drive :) Often if they can bring a friend to show also lol

One of my mates do lol but at the end of the day, he has a french car, and has never been out the garage :) lol so i just rub that in his face....

Well this happened last night with some charv in a corsa... beep'd his horn and called me a ####er... didnt bother me... then he slid onto the round about, nearly hitting another car. Then when he tried 2 pull away he stalled lol i couldnt stop laughing at him. :D

lol
my mate has a 2001 corsa, its in vauxhall more times than i dont no what, i say there preaty much the same car (1.0l no electrics no cd players) exep mines jap, got a better engine with more valves (mine has 16 hi iis a 12) and i payed £350 for mines he's is on the drip £4000, and is french hahaha!

You are always going to get it in a micra. usually only from people who haven't been out in one or people who don't have a clue.

I had a few sceptical mates, but once they had been in it they never really said much after that.

R05_Micra said:
lol
my mate has a 2001 corsa, its in vauxhall more times than i dont no what, i say there preaty much the same car (1.0l no electrics no cd players) exep mines jap, got a better engine with more valves (mine has 16 hi iis a 12) and i payed £350 for mines he's is on the drip £4000, and is french hahaha!

I can kind of understand if someone is taking the pee if they happen to own an Impreza or a Supra or something, but a Corsa?

I can't actually see what the advantage of owing a standard Corsa over a Micra actually is. I mean, ok Corsa modding parts are perhaps more widely available than Micra ones, but I'd much rather own something thats well built, reliable and different. Its just an image thing I guess.....most Corsa boys wouldn't be seen dead in a Micra, most Micra guys wouldn't be seen dead driving a Corsa.

Oh and I've never really had any stick for driving a Micra, although its still early days yet I suppose (only had it since October). I get a few looks from lads driving Saxos, 205's, etc, but nothing else really.

i've had plenty of morons rib me i either show them up by beating them in my car or ask them "whats wrong with a micra desipte its athetic apperance?" they usally get confussed with the big words or cant answer the question lol

i've neverr understood why people hate such a reliable and well built car. tbh most of my mates love my cars, my old k10 was car of the show at most of our local cruises everyone loved it cos it was different :)

Most my mates who drive have all wrote off a car so I just rip into them. Plus as much as they hate to admit it I know more about cars than all them put together so in the end I always win!
If my £800 SuperS can swear over my mates £9000 206 who's laughing now!

Yeah it happens with mine aswell. People just don't understand it, the think its an old persons car. Ok, it wasnt really marketed for young people as they never brought out a "gti" type version. But that makes it all the more individual. I see more women, young and old, driving clios and corsas than males, does that mean there womens cars??

In the thread for the Scottish Meet on another forum this chap said they looked like "radio controlled cars" I had said he might have been interested in Tichs car and Mr Grassies turbo as he was a car enthusiast - I use that term very loosely - to which he replied. I dont think so, maybe if it was an SR20DET Powered 4wd one it might have my attention for around 5 mins, just to see the engineering that went into it, this came from a guy in a bright yellow Celica with a stupid big bodykit on it who sat in the carpark on his own.

Its just narrowmindness really.

no one laffs @ the 1600....not twice anyway hahaha.

they laff wen they get in...not wen they have 'experienced' it haha

JK

All the Time, my mates in college always say "Micra Sports Club" when im on the site, most like my good friend phil are used to me being a part of the club, buying the second micra also gave people a real idea that the micra did meen alot to me, reading this site and the peoples cars, you really startto realise how quick, reliable and neat these cars are...

I cant say i've ever had anyone insult my car when im driving, but i ahve had a moped stop next to me at traffic lights and ask how much my alloys cost...

Besides the point, I love my car, and thats that...

Darren.

k10s and k11s are very reliable cars and are cheap to run what more could you want from a car

stuff what other people think or say because end of the day its your car not theirs so mod it to you liking

i got it alot when i first got my micra, all the time in fact, from mates in 1.2corsas/novas fiestas etc........... all the usual

they shut up once they wer beaten by me, a mate in his 1.4 punto, his reply was, i never fort id see the day when a 1ltr micra stuck on my ass to 105mph(land owned by ourselfs on cousre)

anyway i earned respect when they realised that the smallest CC engine out of the lot was by far the fastest and quickest

I think thats one of the reasons y i like them so much, people think they r slow, and then when u put ur foot down they r left behind. Its all in gd fun, everyone 2 themselves lol

hughes_16v said:
i got it alot when i first got my micra, all the time in fact, from mates in 1.2corsas/novas fiestas etc........... all the usual

they shut up once they wer beaten by me, a mate in his 1.4 punto, his reply was, i never fort id see the day when a 1ltr micra stuck on my ass to 105mph(land owned by ourselfs on cousre)

anyway i earned respect when they realised that the smallest CC engine out of the lot was by far the fastest and quickest

What have you done to the engine mate?

Yeah, i know the 1.0l micra can beat the 1.2 punto anytime...

Abit off topic, but is a de-cat really worth it? How much extra do u get from them?

I get it alot, mainly off random kids ("haha - granny car etc")

Most of my mates have stopped taking the pee due to them realising how good of a car it actually is. Most have said its really quick for a 1L, and nippy. Only 1 of my mates really dig me, he drives a new mg zr though.

Kirton said:
WHAT!? yours is a beast! lol. what do they all drive!?

eh
civic type R
lotus elise
astra gsi
mondeo (ghia lol)
alfa (dont know which one)
206 (1.4)
landrover
laguna

to name a few lol
some are into there cars and some arent and just dont see the point. The lad thats got the lotus before that had a Scobby STI (limted editon one) and a clio williams now hes looking for a 350z. knows his stuff be still takes the pee

lol, i get it off all my mates and even my MOTHER, who has a 1.2 corsa and she told me not to have the car cos it was crap and i said it'd beat urs in a drag race it has 5 more BHP and is lighter and she said "does it matter u'll be driving within the speed limit anyway and i said it can go over more terrain cos of the wheelbase and ground clearance and she said "does it matter on a road?" and then i dropped the big one and said it did more MPG and has a biggger boot and at that point she shut up, ha

used to get loads of it, but without sounding like a big head, and im sure mark can back me up cos i believe he's in the same position, locally the cars are recognised, still get the occasional laugh and point but a lot of local boy racers (no im not one of them) tend not to try it as much as they ussed to. besides im confident with the mild mods i have id expect to give most small hatches a good run.

i got a bit of a #### take when i first got the car, the only thing they take the #### out of now is me spending money on it when ive got a 180sx in the garage that needs doing up

i have never got any stick from any of my mate's. because they have got like 1.2 and that but my little standard 1.0 keeps up with them. so they cant really dis it.

i love it when i bought my micra 1.3 everyone took the #### untill i showed my close mates my car now they love it lol and all the ####'s at collage that drive ###### 106's saxo's n corsa's still take the #### but they dont kno a thing about cars one of them even said that her 1.0 106 not only looked better but its peppered engine would make her car beat my micra in a drag i cant wait to pass my test in a months time to show them #######:k11motors

thats it stick up for your micra. it's a good car. and wont let you down as much as there's will. lol. that when you drive past and wave as they are pulled up with the bonnet up. lol he he

I got the mick taken outa me when i got my first micra and the second. They all say am daft for getin a micra but the i tell them i would rather have a different car than look the same as everyone else in there hairdresser cars (corsas & saxos). Everyone knows who it is when i turn up in a micra coz am the only person that drives a micra. Its the best car av had so far. i wouldnt change coz someone didnt like it

I only got 1 abusive word from a Corsa driver. And I get funny looks sometimes. But I dont care. My mates like the car. But I cant stand those people who drive Astras and stuff who flashes their headlights at you when you pass them. Whats the point of that. Tailgating I get very often by other small cars. But it dont bother me. F**k them.

i get stick all the time from the guys at work. one drives a saxo VTR, one a dinged vauxhall astra SXI, (which i beat acceleration and top speed haha) a Seat leon Cupra R 225, a honda accord 2.4 2005, and a load of corsas and clios..... the best bit tho, was when i picked my car up.
i got one of the corsa guys to drop me off in london...on the way back he decided to put his foot down to about 105....(this is a 1.4 cORSA), i let him go about 200 yrds in front then decided to show him how micras move.... and preceeded to use a passing Honda integra to slipstreem.....past the corsa, then at 115.....past the honda........ and waited for him at the services....lol... he hasnt dissed my car since....

best bit was that, they dont get why i got rid of my 309 GTI (besides crashing it, i could have had another) to get a 1.3 micra?........ but then i open my boot where i keep a box....with a garret T2 turbo in it........and again, they shut up....
its all good fun.

oooh, the fastest car ive obliterated was a 1.4turbo punto, (pretty sick) but he was soooo upset....
in the 309 i stuck to the arse of the guy in the leon cupra and passed the accord 2.4 at about 145mph (car was on webber 45's and manifold back system pushing 160bhp and about 790kgs...):down: :down: :down: i miss that car...

Hey I live in Australia, the land where if its engine is smaller than 3.8L/and or 4 cyl its automatically a piece of crap.

Previous car was an N14 Pulsar SSS (SR20DE). Hehe the look v8 drivers faces when they saw a white pulsar still sitting on their ass. :D It could kill micras too lol.

But I sold it for my micra. And I don't regret it. The micra is great fun, proving to be nice and reliable and really cheap to run. Most people laugh at me for driving a micra but a quick mention of its fuel economy shuts them up very quickly.

Plus when I beat a 1.6L n15 pulsar (n15 almera for you lot) my mates stopped giving me ####. haha

PS: I wouldn't be seen dead driving a corsa/barina! eew

ooohhhh! you have vauxhall/opel corsa'a/barina's? wow lol thought they never relly left europe!micra's are quality cars for there age n size, am pround to say there built where i live lol!

my girlfriend called me a geek for it.. but thats about it.

The majority of my mates are pretty impressed that i have the balls to drive a micra, and have had a fair few comments saying its quite nice :)

one of my mates laughed at it in his 206. i dared him to keep up with me through some twisty roads, he laughed, we bet £30 i would leave him. i now have a nice new headunit for my car for £30 :) and mine is a bog standard K10 1.0l LS . wikid little car!

(i think this might be that i have more of a death wish than him, not that my car handles better) BUT saying that i did win!

i always tell my mates its better to buy a normal brand top of the range car than to have a prestigious brand crappy model like a Porsche Boxster or Audi A2 and most of them agree and shut up........:blush:

my mates give me a bit of stick especially when i had the SX then bought a micra, but i remind them how much i pay for tax, insurance and petrol per month and then see them cry when they work out how much they pay. they have MR2 turbos, SX's Starlet GTT, etc.

I get a few funny comments from friends at school, but theres a couple of examples of how NOT to mod a car there so im quick to point that out.

Maybe i'll take a photo of the corsa at our school. Its fairly amusing.

Yeah - I get stick a bit for driving a "Grannies Car" doesnt help having the big red L's on it either tho. But people are always a little surprised when they see just how nippy the cars are, my little 1.0L is ace off the lights :D

Back