Custom Billet K11 turbo cams. Group buy?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I am considering having a set of high performance K11 billet K11 turbo cams manufactured.

They would suit all flavours of the CG/CGA series engine.

Price would approximately be £450 per set. I would need 5-10 orders to make this worth while. I potentially already have 2.

It would give a decent turbo spec camshafts within nissan tolerances to all forced fed K11 owners.

I would like to know who is interested. A one off for such an item is usually around £1200-1500.

Ed

what bhp gain are you hoping for from these ed?

if these came sooner i wuld have fort about it alot but myne is alredy half way through tis build!

Depends on too many other things, but I want them suitable for 250+ If you wanted to go that far. Point is road cams are not ideal for turbo applications. yes they work but could be alot better.

Do you have any tentative spces for these, or will you cross that bridge if you get the interest?

half way between the race and ultimate race pipers but with turbo timings.

you would potentially gain around 20-30bhp extra over the stock cams.

just wondering would these "only" be worthwhile for turbo app or could you still see a gain over std shafts on a none turbo'ed car

yeah but sorta thinkin ahead you see that way wont have to spend twice on cams n this is like a group buy now cant see it really popping up again later sometime...but thing was if they give a benefit over std cams on a none turbo'ed car then they might be worth while getting now

...so my question still stands... :)

also you must of seen the followers on the cga head they dont have shims and aint hydrolic so does clearances matter much 4 newer heads?

Umm. the CGA and CG heads work in exactly the same way, they do have shims just like the CG engine.

hmmm im pretty sure mine dont have shims

my comp is down at moment so cant show you the pic i took of them hey rich(rlees) didnt i send you piccy ages ago any chance you still got it

but never really answered my q bout the cams either i got a cga would these benefit me in anyway? not running a turbo just janspeed at moment

CGA Shims

The shim is built into the underside of the cam follower so you still have to measure the valve clearances as normal but select the right follower instead of a shim. The big advantage of this is they are more suited to high reving engines 8000rpm plus. The buscuit shim type can and do pop out at hig rpm.

Back