Could of been worse

Well it was bound to happen and today was the day.....

The almera is now just scrap metal after being crushed between 2 4x4's I'll post pics later

I'm ok just sat in A&E waiting to be seen, may have whiplash

Sorry to Will and Eliot, I doubt I'll be able to help you out

I'll let you know the outcome of the A&E visit later

Holy #### Karl :eek:. I hope you're ok mate, that's much more important than the car. Everyone seems to be crashing their cars these last couple of months :(

Sorry to hear it, what happened? Glad to know your alright, the cars just a bit of metal at the end of the day.

I'll explain all when I'm on a wifi connection (left my laptop at the other half's parents house)

Tbh the pictures of the mera will explain quite well

I'm just glad it was just me in the car, if it wasn't my dog would be dead or dying and who knows what may of happened to my son

Exactly mate would have been best if noone was in the car but then this wouldnt have happened! Maybe its your destiny not to own a car for more than a couple of months now!

Lol I was hoping to keep it as a reliable daily ahh well best laid plans and all that

May have to ask my sister if I can have Charlie back

Lol I was hoping to keep it as a reliable daily ahh well best laid plans and all that

May have to ask my sister if I can have Charlie back

either that or try and get your missus yaris back on the road mate! as you still have it and im sure between you it can be insured and you can bring it to JAE as its jap and to prescottttt :)

Ouch! I hope you're ok though, it can be replaced as I just found out the main thing is the people in the cars. My airbags never deployed last week either! I take it its a complete write off? :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

So glad the little one was not in the car with you, I immediatly hoped that when I read the topic title. Glad you seem rather ok too Karl !

Just neck strain thankfully gunna be at least 6 weeks before I'm right again :down:

Thank you everyone for your concern and at the end of the day it is only a car

I'm gunna try my damnedest to get a car on the road by the end of the week whether it's Charlie or Eva (the yaris)

I'm glad I was in the n15 rather than a k10

The only real pita for me at the mo is I can't turn my head to the left

well after being on the phone to the insurance company and legal company for over an hour, i have nowt to worry about other than getting the car to my mums

going to have a hire car monday whilst they sort everything out and i believe they're going to try and get compo for my injuries

just waiting for my phone to charge so i can upload the pics

377.jpg

376.jpg

375.jpg

374.jpg

373.jpg

372.jpg

no particular order, car's a right off though

and it was a qashqai and a freelander i was between

Good job you weren't in between proper weighty 4x4's, like a Defender and a Shogun for example......they got no crumple zones!

Glad you're ok Karl and it's superficial stuff..........still a pita but good you're in one piece ;)

Bloody hell Karl, you're very lucky indeed. Could have been a lot worse if the other 2 cars were a bit bigger. Get well soon (Y)

them qashqai's are build well, it looked like he had no damage what so ever

and them freelanders look bigger when they're in you boot lol

them qashqai's are build well, it looked like he had no damage what so ever

and them freelanders look bigger when they're in you boot lol

lol still not small anyway when your in a almera. like the other guys said if it was the proper mud toys it would of been really nasty so your quite lucky lol. hope you get compo tho mate (Y). you gonna go back to micra power now then?

So what exactly happened then? Heavy rear end shunt, forcing you into the car in front? Most 4x4s are very well built - I took a Navara out that we just got in at work, felt like I was driving a tank. If you hit someone else in a car like that, they are your crumple zone

Damn man :(. Maybe try to get something a bit newer and safer, if you can? Hopefully you might be getting some compensation out of this by the sounds of things, and surely you'll be getting an insurance payout as well?

newer...... never!!! i've been in two wrecks now and both cars were 17/18 years old and coped better than most new cars

the first wreck, i came out better with only a small bruise on my back (i wasn't driving) and the car was well and truely ####ed

ive been involved in a couple of crashes as a passenger

volvo v40 vs corsa! corsa write off volvo not a scratch

honda accord saloon vs renault 5, renault 5 no damage to the rear and the honda thaty hit it blew its rad!

glad your ok karl

Ouch, scary no matter what speed being in a crash, not something you look back on fondly. Glad to here your ok besides the whiplash (Y)

Well it's safe to say I'm in no rush to do it again but I have been through worse, *touches wood* and I always come out relatively unscathed

Bloody hell glad your ok!! Did you notice the landy or qashqai had msc badges in the window, I told you we'd drag you back :evillaugh:

ouch, glad your ok man, hope you return to your full health soon buddy(Y)

dont worry about the car, can be replaced, you cant

all the best mate:grinning:

surely thats not your fault? so there should be a big fat cheque coming your way right?

Back