Corsa piston build with throttle bodies

Ok, thanks, so you'd give it one polarity to extend it below a particular rpm threshold and the other polarity to reduce it. Rpm based switches are reasonably available with a variable switch point sending a signal to a relay or similar that changes polarity. Where you want to switch is up to you but if you do back to back Dyno runs with short and long runners and where the two graphs cross is the switch point. I thing this is what the Toyota variable inlet runner manifold did...

Sorry switch that around I didn't read your post correctly and thought it was extending the runners.

Last edited:
Il go the easy route like I did with the old k10 super/turbo thing i made......get a cheap shift light rev counter, and wire up a transistor/relay to the shift light to activate the actuator

.......then figure out the best rev range to switch I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m gunna try and use all the micra standard ecu and plugs to get it running..........would it start if I don't have the maf connected?

I just want to have it running and see if it all works before I then no about changing the ecu and stuff

m gunna try and use all the micra standard ecu and plugs to get it running..........would it start if I don't have the maf connected?

I just want to have it running and see if it all works before I then no about changing the ecu and stuff

Yes it'll start and run without the maf.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bits done today, way too hot to be doing outside stuff

Old injector ports turned into vacuum ports

1b87b63d2175d268b3f48df0c7866685.jpg

d2145a6116fc7c7741807861c6ce7b81.jpg

Started on actuator bracket

Apart from a bit of welding on the exhaust, and making a new steady bar mount (had to move it coz I've tilted the engine)

It's almost ready to start.......any special first time procedures to follow with a rebuilt engine?

I lost my pic I took telling me which fuel hose goes where!

Someone help us out please

e6727ac055e51692ec1a312c8e246b72.jpg

Coming from the solid pipes......to wherever they're meant to be mate

I think I know what the evap pipe is......coz it doesn't have a jubilee clip on it, just one of those plier/squeeze clips (that's what il call them)

I've joined the feed and return hoses up when I took engine out, to stop fuel dripping everywhere, so just need to know which is which

I took a pic but can't find it

I think I know what the evap pipe is......coz it doesn't have a jubilee clip on it, just one of those plier/squeeze clips (that's what il call them)

I've joined the feed and return hoses up when I took engine out, to stop fuel dripping everywhere, so just need to know which is which

I took a pic but can't find it

Regarding the tps......the r6 itbs have 5 connections whilst the micra has 3

Any tips on where to put the micras 3 wires on the r6 5 connections?

I did try and put the micra tps on the r6 itbs, but won't fit without a lot of work

Which is which on the micra......maybe then I can translate that to the new one

the sensor 0 to 5v wires are usually shielded and white mate, a bit further up the loom (and the first couple of inches another colour) and 12v tends to be green + a colour, black earth ?

Il get me multimeter on it in the week and see what I get,

Ordered up a lambda too.....nothing's getting the old one out of the old engine

I tried it with no tps and maf,

.......it ran!!! For a couple of seconds

Also the itbs tps has four spades on it, not 5 apparently I can't count now

I've misplaced the micra tps too......so can't use it to figure out where to put the wires

Any suggestions......I don't wanna buy a micra tps just to test it and throw away when I'm finished

Can't find a wiring diagram for the Yamaha r6 yzf either

Pretty chuffed mate, fired straight up

It dies when it's wot, but i guess that's down to no maf?

Gotta sort steady bar mount.....then test drive

Another day another problem

I can only select 2nd 4th and reverse, beings I've had to raise the rear mount a couple of inches to accommodate the itbs,
I think now I have to shorten the gear linkage as the gear stick is almost touching the dash in neutral

Had it running better for a while.......but now it's only running on cylinder 2

Sapped injectors, plugs, leads......and only runs on the one cylinder

bed75e155ec67a0c81fa1418e6584e2e.jpg

probably flooding neil ? and there is an S bend on the gearchange rod, you may need to tweak it to get the other gears

Back