Throttle bodies

Hi,

I've got a 1999 1.3 Si. I'm quite keen to fit a bigger throttle body to it to give it a bit more power. My question is.. are the 1.4 throttle bodies any bigger than the one I have? I assume they're a direct swap.

I have found a 1.6 GA16DE throttle body, could somebody advise as to what modifications need to be made to use this? I assume I can just bolt on a 1.6 airbox to the top of it?

Thanks,

Pavel

the GA15 one is a direct fit pavel, the GA16 fits ok but the idle control valves are in the way (and have different wires) :)

Is the 1.6 one bigger than the 1.5? (what sizes are they?)

When you say the ICVs are in the way and have different wires, what exactly is involved in making it fit?

Is the 1.6 one bigger than the 1.5? (what sizes are they?)

When you say the ICVs are in the way and have different wires, what exactly is involved in making it fit?

they,re 50mm iirc (stock 45) and there,s some pics in my blog (about 1/2 way through i think) showing the valves cut off etc :)

It's okay, I'm going back to Cyprus for a week over Xmas... an endless supply of all sorts of JDM stuff over there (even those things that are micra and starlet based but factory-made to look like an old mini or whatever lol). So will raid some JDM bits and bring them back over.

It's okay, I'm going back to Cyprus for a week over Xmas... an endless supply of all sorts of JDM stuff over there (even those things that are micra and starlet based but factory-made to look like an old mini or whatever lol). So will raid some JDM bits and bring them back over.

sounds interesting :cool: take some pics too eh

In fact I'll give my mechanic there a ring tomorrow, and get him to find me a GA15 throttle body so I don't need to waste time looking for one..

Does it plug right into the loom?

Back