Throttle Bodies

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Ok, am I correct in assuming the throttle body acts like a carb in the way it restricts and controls the air flow into the engine?

So using a bigger TB would increase the air flow? Which would increase performace?

I think I understand that, that's if what I state above is correct.

I'm currently driving a 1.0L are the internals of the 1.3 TB the same or will I gain from it? Are the mounts the same and will it be a direct swap? I hear NATS doesn't like it, can somebody explain what NATS does or what happens if you do this with NATS installed?

I've heard of people using the 1.6 TB is this from an Almera or Primera? If so does this require any modifications to mounts or TB?

Thanks in advance, couldn't find specific accurate answers in search

mike

I love Ed!!!!
A ga16 tb can be used but to get a better result from it a ga16 ecu would need to be fitted, but as you say you have NATS then you wont be able to change your ecu without some difficulty.

Simply the Nats system works with 3 components, the key, the ignition barrel and the ecu. The key is coded which is read by the ignition barrel and the code is confirmed by the ecu. If at any stage the link is broken or one of the components is missing the car will not start as the NATS system will kick in.

The ga16 tb will need some modification to fit the cg engine. On the front of the ga16 tb is a vacuum pipe (i think its that), this needs to be cut off and resealed with a sheet of plastic and some stickaflex. Also one of the injectors will need to be turned as the tb fouls on it.

A better solution is to try and find a ga15 tb but these are a import item and cost more. The ga15 tb uses the same connectors as the cg13 one unlike the ga16 one which does not use all the cg13 connectors.

Mike

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
in theory, if you can get the tb and ecu from a car with NATS, and fitted the ignition barrel (with the other key) aswell then the nats, shouldnt be affected, i dont know if the ga16 barrel will be an easy swap, but i know that at work when we had a load of keys stolen, we had to change the ecu and lock sets because the new ecu wouldnt work with the old ignitions, just an idea like,

although thinking about it if your changing the ecu then the nats shouldnt come into it, cos the ecu wont be recieving any signal not to work, and should work.