Bike throttle bodies.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I'm quite new to the tuning scene with Micras but I've seen this mentioned a few times.
Is this a simple take air box / throttle body off and replace with bike ones? Or is there lots of fiddling with the intake manifold. I keep seeing r1 and r6 ones going quite cheap on Ebay so thought it might be something to consider.

Sorry should of finished my post

If you check out places like retro rides they'll have a lot more info or speak to a guy called k6pfs1 (check out his video on youtube)

Bumping this as I'm starting to look around.
What will i need, a full list would be help full although i know i'm asking alot.
I'm planning on keeping my 1litre block and maybe putting the cg13 rods into it so this is my first step.
Pros and cons would also be a big help.

Youd need a custon intake manifold to use the throttle bodies. Also if they are gonna be atmospheric TBs then youll need to convert to MAP sensor instead of MAF which means going with a standalone ECU which means mega money like £500 + and mapping fee. Other option is to have the TBs and a custon Plenum to retain the stock MAF.

Hi Davey1991, have you thought about a bike carb conversion instead? im hopefully completing mine over the weekend.... consitists of:

Alloy intake manifold (Offset to clear brake servo with pipe to run servo vaccum)
Honda Fireblade carbs re jetted to suit car spec
Fuel pressure regulator with return
Low pressure fuel regulator to step pressure down to 1-2 psi

After what Scott has said and looking into it in more detail looks like i'm giving the throttle body idea a miss, time for me to get some 1.3 conrods and do it that way.

Hi Davey1991, have you thought about a bike carb conversion instead? im hopefully completing mine over the weekend.... consitists of:

Alloy intake manifold (Offset to clear brake servo with pipe to run servo vaccum)
Honda Fireblade carbs re jetted to suit car spec
Fuel pressure regulator with return
Low pressure fuel regulator to step pressure down to 1-2 psi

I like this idea but what happens with the ecu? Do you just leave it as normal with the injectors and MAF sensor and other sensors disconnected?

I disconnected all injectors & everything from the inlet manifold & TB... with the fuel dialled right down & the choke open i struck up first time, had a bit of a play with the idle & it ticks over nicely @ 850rpm... only probly is the throttle cabble is a bit short for 1inch travel on the pedal is full throttle :) i had the inlet manifold cantered to the right & a take off welded on so the standard brakeservo take off is still used & the brakes are goo & solid.. im not sure of the ECU side of it at all but it seems to be running well.. next plan (if demontweeks get me order right) to get it on the open road & have a play with the timing.. il post a few picks up if its any help?

Back