Corsa piston build with throttle bodies

It is and uses tuner studio

If there is a output that'll work, I'm all ears mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Been driving it for a while now, no idea how many miles as I broke the speedo cable

These plugs look ok? All look the same

4cacd5367298bdde47ef7fa549a6c30d.jpg

Decided to fix the speedo cable, gave its some new juices and treated it to some Castrol magnatec, engine sounds a lot nicer on idle

Still sounds cool, couple of spluttery bits mid rev range,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have got carried away

82bd7a5d3f6c3ab92379deb60a641ab7.jpg

Gunna trim the dash down so it just holds the cluster

Now to pick this apart and removes anything not used now

bdbfb838fa887c84aace63d83b29052b.jpg

This’ll be pretty much all il have as a dash I guess.

Holds a few switches and stuff

Battery relocated to the boot

3535597015d5d7eb6ae539ec034dc4df.jpg

0c5aad2227e2ca5362b026abd55dbe9f.jpg

b0eabbb36e9833c77bdac30c87990bb2.jpg

What a ****ing chore this was!!

43af8ad480ebd085fb2084a914b11f52.jpg

If you ever wanted to know how much of the loom you can cut out, and just have basic MOT stuff kept wired in.....thus is it

4156a453bac1636d13bb9b1865a3551b.jpg

Little bit of a tidy up, need some clips to hide the cables up under the metal beneath the windscreen

798a5923685597dde80189472abad1a2.jpg

Amazingly everything worked first time, and haven’t cut of anything major, I’ve made my own loom for the engine/ecu, so I know that works already

Next job will be a small kit car heater for the windscreen, I have kept the fan/motor and the heater matrix/radiator part from the old dash, so might try make something small out of that possibly

and new steering wheel too coz this one is knackered now

Car booked in for mapping on the 6th

Going to marlin motors/ enigma racing in Milton Keynes, anyone used them?

Only place I spiked to who will touch my ecu, (mega squirt)

Plus it’s only 9 miles from me

Dyno time!

The chap said he wasn’t willing to go past 6000 or to push it hard, as it hadn’t been run in enough from being built with different pistons and new rings
Said to get a few 100 miles on it and come back, confident there’s more to get out of it.

The servo motor for the itbs packed up !!! So no idea if it would make a difference

So at least it’s safe to drive now, definitely feels quicker

4aac9a1211ed51a88fd7ef0b8c76753f.jpg

Fuel map

fe74b107358debb43aa08596430ed08c.jpg

Spark

46f34fe3517348a78d22a33ab0269d8f.jpg

well done neil :cool: no smoke or fumes, and that hp was still climbing well eh
carbs/turbo/supercharger/quads/ecu etc you,ve developed cg,s bigtime over the years, i take my hat off to you :cool:

Cheers mate, couldn’t of done it without yours and others help on here

Suppose I can just enjoy driving it for a while, and bed it in a bit better

Happy with the results so far,

Shame I could t get to see whether the different length runners would of made a difference
Had been working fine until this morning

The chap said he doubt it’ll make much difference.......when i go back il make sure we check it out again

New steering wheel....

24ed6913fecf1da83e823c9c1e54051e.jpg

Removed the trumpet servo and controller stuff, may have to make something more ‘digital’ to get it to work how i want it

ce82f6a72b7c4273da2c6c75b0914254.jpg

Set the trumpets to their longest and lock them in place. Ditch the whole variable length stuff, I doubt you would ever notice any difference.

If I’m not using the variable stuff, thought I’d fit some velocity stacks.

With the variable stuff, there was a couple of big lips between the 2 stacks, with this it should nice and smooth now.....and it’s shiny

208508c33feb33b83f3935478d9633b7.jpg

a48dab917381647b3a25b6d1cffc7706.jpg

a9c34e999d96194a344ceb06be71f46b.jpg

4cca81382a8a7a614868821e6133e65a.jpg

Just waiting on bloke to stick it together

Just bought another head to try some diy porting/polishing.

Have asked a couple questions on the Facebook page, but il ask them here too so I’ve got a record

Read something about using cr12 solid buckets, what’s involved with fitting them......I guess it’s to stop from the shims being spat out?

Any suggestions on what springs to use, Catcams have been suggested to me......I have no idea what ones I need

Also read a few things about qg18 valves being used

Just bought another head to try some diy porting/polishing.

Have asked a couple questions on the Facebook page, but il ask them here too so I’ve got a record

Read something about using cr12 solid buckets, what’s involved with fitting them......I guess it’s to stop from the shims being spat out?

Any suggestions on what springs to use, Catcams have been suggested to me......I have no idea what ones I need

Also read a few things about qg18 valves being used

Oh they sound like Frank ideas if I ever heard them. Definitely seen something about it when I was reading a post about tuning. Called cg engine tuning or something.

Edit https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/newbie-with-cg13de-real-tuning.65600/

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Purchasers for head build

Cg10 head £20

d5c95622baacdfcc51b4eca3746ca1bf.jpg

Cr12 solid buckets

681bca4993293c9f96c93c61fc9673d3.jpg

Got some head polishing tools on order too.

Still waiting on any ideas/info for larger valves

Send the head to Portugal, in veicomer will machine the head with cnc port, with all you want

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através do Tapatalk

Sounds expensive

Beings the head only cost £20, it won’t matter if I mess it up trying to polish/port it

Do you just fit the standard CG10/13 over bucket shims under the CR buckets and are they the same part as CGA buckets?

From what I’ve read, I think so.

I’ve got regrinds so will have to see what measures up once I’ve got them

I’ve only been mapped to 6k, but wanna be able to rev higher and get more out of it

the later cg coilpack have shimless buckets ^ and valvestems that are 2mm longer, i assume the cr ones are the same.
as for valves, i think the inlet and exhaust valves are made from the same material neil, so that could give you some options

the later cg coilpack have shimless buckets ^ and valvestems that are 2mm longer, i assume the cr ones are the same.
as for valves, i think the inlet and exhaust valves are made from the same material neil, so that could give you some options

Has anyone fitted any other valves?

I’ve read many posts about what might fit, but has anyone actually fitted them

Back off honeymoon, and come back to some parts

Got my head, and some different valves to check out, some qg and ga valves,

5aab0769fa22115a3da225fad9c8d9cc.jpg

The ga valves are a lot shorter than the qg, but they both the same diameter

Here they are in the head compared to the cg valves (left)

1a5710f6cef15f21c6ef13eca43f9751.jpg

Look like they’ll squeeze in there

Would it mean that the circumference of the combustion chamber would increase.......I think it would but no idea by how much??

I am using 72.5 corsa pistons

you need to cut the seats neil, quite deep to account for the shorter stem, combustion chamber cc wont change much

you need to cut the seats neil, quite deep to account for the shorter stem, combustion chamber cc wont change much

The cr buckets I’ve got fit fine, and I’ll have to use shims underneath too for the regrinds I’ve got........can’t I just use bigger shims??

(I’m guessing here)

just get a seat cutter mate, with the right size pilot, and cut the seats till the clearance is correct (minimum of shims)

Back