Confused by engine codes

Hi guys,

I'm mulling over whether to swap out my tiny 1.0L pre facelift K11 engine, the problem I'm having is I'm totally confused by all the codes for the different engine.

Which engine do i have, and which engines can be swapped with the minimum of refabricating?

Cheers in advance,

Cool. That would be a cheeky little upgrade. I bet my insurance company will love it lol

Posted on my device_name using the MSC Mobile App

Steven Goral said:
Also, does it matter if I'm putting a facelift engine into a pre face lift Micra?

Think they used a different gearbox

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Cool. At least I know what to look for now.

Although the only ones I can find so far are for the Facelift. Might be time to venture into the world of the breakers yard.

Although, is it a massive job changing the gear box?

Any distributor model cg13 is a straight fit, so buy a facelift one they're probably on less miles, and the gearbox isn't normally sold with an engine so your fine

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers for all the help.

I'll get looking for s decent engine. Luckily I've got a motor club at work that has all the gear to change engines and stuff.

One final question ( which will probably lead to loads more).

Is the cg13 the biggest engine I could fit? Or will others fit? How much modding would be required?

Thats pretty good advice. I'll stick with the 1.3, then get the girl on a serious weight loss programme.

Back