Help Please?!!! Confused

hey guys i posted a problem earlier on in the year but had no replies. Ive got a 1.3 engine fitted and one fine day i drove through a big waters splash, which conked me out, i restarted and suddenly there was this really loud knocking noise that was constant in sound whether idle or reving it up. i took it to a couple of mechanics and they thaught it was a bottom end problem due to water getting into the engine. but ive driven it hard for about 5000 miles thinkiing that it surely will go soon, theres been no change in sound or performance at all and its still going. Anyone got the slightest idea of what this noise is? its driving me mad. surely it cant be bottom end problems as it would have givven up by now?!!!!
cheers, dan

is there any way you can get a clip of the sound up?

does it increase in repeation with the revs?

if it happens only when you are in gear then it could be something to do with the gear box. or it might be something as simple as a loose exhaust sheild....

i think we're gonna need more info :)

i'm going out on a limb here but it coulld be water in your cyilinder. if thats the case the knocking could be from the piston wobbling as water can't compress hence the rod bends which could lead to snapping.

oooh that would be nasty!!

i think the engine sound would give it away if it wasn't firing on all cylinders...
i was thinking maybe a valve seat is loose or something like that but its unrelated to a wet enigne....

did you just go through a small puddle or did you go bombing through a river?

could it be your ACC belt tentioner spring? it's really hard to guess without seeing/hearing it

the sound is constant and increases with the revs. it been going too long for it to be anyhitng like piston wobble, its running absolutley fine. i dont think i can put sound clips up on here can i cos i only got a basic account, i kind of went bombing though a bigggg puddle hahahaha oh dear regrets!!! also it happens when im moving and stationary. Really confused!!

Back