CG13DE HKS Turbo

Tom 1.0

Ex. Club Member
finding mixed opinion of this kit,

has anybody got any experience and opinions and know why it is said to be over rated?

thanks,

Tom

No one here has one, its a good base to start from but wont give amazing bhp gains on its own.

it can be put together for cheeper my friend and i dont think much gain would be made compared to a full custom setup

i think i have bought one...

but not defo yet,

so what would be preferable to this kit, pretty much anything else?

does it come with engine managemet? If you have baught one then im sure you'l love it mate:) the exhaurst system isnt that good imo, and it still uses most of the origenal one too, but on the other hand, you wont have to spend £400 getting a new one made up.
can i ask how much you think you might have payed for the kit? and what exactly does it contain?

i already have a 2" HKS exhaust system...

well i have got it through Kristian as i am getting the car turbo'd in the summer by K Kustom, and it cost £500, the kit consisted of turbo, intercooler, manifold and some other bits, the kit has now been completed, but it doesnt come with management :( which will be the most painful pat unless i can get one second hand although i thought this kit can be run without it...?

oh ok,

the pipe first on the left right?

how much would that cost me roughly? i hope i havet ####ed myself lol

oh ok,

the pipe first on the left right?

how much would that cost me roughly? i hope i havet ####ed myself lol

yeh, far left on the first pic tom, i would have thought it needs to be at least as wide as the rest of your exhaust system :)

tbh tom, if youve got the bits id try it and see how it all goes...its easy enough to replace an exhaust piece later on. :)

The HKS kits btw im pretty sure just came with a little piggyback fuel computer...maybe the F-CON?....if i had my hyper revs handy id have a spy...cos the pic on the above link doesnt really show what the ecu is.

Though running it as is, also seems to have been done.

Turbo on low boost produces far more torque than N/A would for same power and less money.

Management is pretty important, not only for getting the best from the system but for reliability.

ok thanks guys,

as you can tell i am clueless to all this stuff, and as much as i trust K and his team i just want to know as much for myself going into it,

solarics if you could find out for me that would be brilliant as i will get on to finding and sourcing the little piggy back thingy,

well the aim of doing all this work is to give me as much pulling power on motorways and getting from 30/40 to 70/80 to make local saxo boys look like tits.

but as you say, first off i will be getting the kit fitted and seeing how it goes,

as the car is going to be my daily i need it to be reliable to the max, i do 300 miles a week lol

thanks for the replies guys.

5psi will be fun Tom, mine seems to be around 7psi iirc good laugh :D...just found my hyper revs btw and the HKS demo car in that, has a PFC F-CON fitted...only problem is, it seems to be set for one car only so im guessing youd need to find one for the turbo'd march...oh and they dont seem to be cheap :eek:

Its also got an HKS EVC EZ which is an electronic valve controller (quick google search lol)...though its probs only fitted cos its an HKS demo car :D

Other turbo'd marches in the mag dont seem to mention any ecu management, not that i can read Japanese mind.

thanks mate!

so you reckon thats the ecu bits to try and source? so turbo march, as in the K10 model? or modded k11's?

i cant think that the valve controller would be vital can you? guess my semi budget turbo is going to be a bit more costly than panned lol

guess thats the way...

Just had a browse on the HKS Japan site (http://www.hks-power.co.jp/main.html) and the pfc f-con (Turbo K11 March) doesnt appear to be listed, so its possible its been replaced...also the full bolt on (im guessing universal) turbo kits just seem to come with an F-CON mini.

But wouldnt like to say what you should be looking for :)

nah id say that other gizmo is probably just to alter boost...but without checking cant say for deffo.

No offence to anyone here, but Tom if your doing all this you should bring your car to me and get the ECU set up properly.

Your not that far away. Anything else will be at best guess work. Fusion has quite a few turbo CG/GA/SR conversions under its belt now. I feel justified in saying that I am quite possibly the most experienced person I know of when it comes to doing these kind of conversions on the K11.

it might suffice at low boost (4 or 5psi) and stock engine management eh :)

No, I dont know how many times this needs to be said. EVEN a K11 with NA tuning options the ECU goes totally out of its depth pretty damn sharpish.

With a turbo that WILL = death sooner or later.

hmmmmm

well i am waiting to here back from K about possible ecu work,

but i mean is it at all possible to remap a standard ecu, i cannot afford to spend hundreds on an after market ecu to get this done.

Yes thats what we do.
Ill say it again. You will not find ANYONE in the UK who knows as much about the K11 ecu and electronics/fuel system or anything relating to that when it comes to turbo conversions as much as Fusion does.

Big headed perhaps, but I know its true ;)

alright man,
without trying to sound like a waenk, this is the reason mine isnt turbod yet, i really went into the idea with no clue on turbos atall, now i have dun research for a while and looking at how diffrent people set theres up, and what can restrict the system aswel as help it. id like to think i know a good bit now and am a good way through the parts i need to get it running, and the good thing is itll be built by me so when it breaks ill have a good idea of what i need to fix.

and this is just a thought but canyou get another to use car easy, im building this knowing it will have problems but if your doiing 300 miles aday a problem could take the car off the road for a while.

Im all for another turbo micra tho. good luck with it whatever you decide to do man.

and how much does mapping cost at yours ed?

i've read up about you guys so i know its not b/s, but i dont want to commit as i am still unsure what i am getting from K,

starting to think i have made a bit f a big step in a direction i wasnt too sure about, sort of want to put my fingers in my ears, close my eyes and go "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" :(

K11 ECU remapping is £330. You will also need dyno time which is £80. Any other works are additional. Obviously I have everything possible for diagnosing and tuning your car just how it should be. Micras are small fry, but I still take as much pride in my work on them as I would on some of our customers 600hp+ Evos etc.

well i've paid for the turbo,

ok cool, thanks ed i will bear it in mind :)

soon as i hear back from K i will be getting in contact with you (Y)

though i think i will have bitten off more than i can chew lol god know i hope i can get the work to help pay for the rest of this, god knows what insurance will be like!

You have not bitten off more than you can chew. Seriously I have several CG/GA engines (same thing nearly) that have been running for over a couple of years now making pretty serious power. Had a 1.4 GA make over 220bhp on K11 ecu recently :)

so standard ecu can take this kind of remaping and running a turbo?

i just hope i can afford the costs lol

Anything is possible on the standard ecu. I have them running on 200sx airflow meters with large injectors, etc all running fine.

If you cannot afford getting the ECU done right - abandon the whole project, its the most important part.

i can afford the ecu,

just need a decent break down of costs, so far i have got a rough estimate, of £1500 for parts, fitting and better brakes, but i dont know if that includes ecu, so i guess i need to find out.

Speaking from experience, Ed is more than capable of setting up your car. He has set mine up several times in various states of tune. I am one of the few people running an N/A CG13 with a re-mapped standard ECU and as Ed sais, even in N/A tuning, the ECU quickly gets out of it's depth with modifications and is unable to maintain proper fuelling.

Ed's a genuinely top guy, offers a very professional service and he sure knows his stuff........the level of service he offers at his prices is nothing but a steal in my opinion ;)

Worth finding out before you go for it!

couldn't agree more,

Also worth considering other cars...

turbo micra get expensive very quickly...but are awesome fun (Y)

Good luck with the conversion all i ask is you take the decision of where to take it to get mapped very seriously, that's what will kill the engine first at the end of the day.

I didnt listen and blew up two engines :eek:

i am just waiting fr your lot to call me back Ollie :)

yeah i have, but for what i need the micra is ideal, got to park at uni and its not a big car park lol

i think i could get better performace from a turbo'd micra as i could a bigger N/A car :)

but i will defo have a good think about who will do my remapping :)

if i dont get some from K then i will be giving ed a call.

Back