cg10/13 combination

i have a number of questions relating to these engines!

1) will cg10 con-rods fit on a cg13 crankshaft?
2) will the capacity of the engine increase or decrease fitting cg10 rods and pistons in a cg13
3) will the compression ration increase or decrese with same above.

failing these!

4) best DIY method of getting gudgeon pins out

Wont fitting the rods lower the cc? I thought you just fitted the pistons as the crowns are different and up the CR or something like that

if the rods are shorter it will increase the capacity and decrease the CR. maybe a good idea if you wanna push big boost.

i presume Frank means the 1.3 rods are 15ish mm longer. i guess there'll be clearance issues on the head, and it wont go.

its going to be a case of switching the pistons over. goody.... :|

if the rods are shorter it will increase the capacity and decrease the CR. maybe a good idea if you wanna push big boost.

i presume Frank means the 1.3 rods are 15ish mm longer. i guess there'll be clearance issues on the head, and it wont go.

its going to be a case of switching the pistons over. goody.... :|

its the 1.0 rods that are longer tom, so the pistons would stick out the block 15mm lol (and the rings would jump out :eek:) but they would,nt change the cc tho

I have a set of cg13 rods with cg10 pistons on them with new piston rings fitted? And a 1mm skimmed head (selling without buckets/shims/cams as they were sold)

Is my understanding correct Frank, that doing it with a CG10 block, using the CG13 crank and rods - (longer throw of crank, with shorter rods - to keep TDC the same) with the CG10 pistons with give a high compression 1.3. Which then re-assembles as it was before with the original head etc which will want 1.3 cams fitting.

Yes to all the above but you don't have to fit 1.3, rods, crank and cams to a 1.0... you can just fit 1.0 pistons in a 1.3 block.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Back