How about to just change a CG10 crankshaft to CG13 crankshaft without changing a CG10 block?

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
I have a CG10DE engine and i thought: What if i change the stock crankshaft to CG13DE crankshaft? Will it fit?
The diameters of cylinders in CG10 and CG13 are the same 71 mm. Is the height of CG10 cylinders and CG13 cylinders same?
Simply i get a CG10 engine with capasity of 1.3 L if all works.
And what if i use the pushers of the pistons from CG10 engine and the pistons from CG13... will this work?
Please, people, help me.
Thank You!

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Hey, Guys!
Thanks for info.
I am just wanting to make as powerfull as possible micra without turbo installing and changing the engine. i just want to have the same CG10DE engine :) This way i'll safe on the insurance costs and have more powerfull ride.
You know, in my country there are not so much micras... and the only sport micra i know in my country is the stock Super S without inside, without back seat, with only an engine and steering wheel... it is used for not professional rally. my dream is to make my "liter" fly a littel faster than the stock 1.3 but not to show, that my engine is tuned.
Just planing to change the Crankshaft, injectors, computer, the engine head with the valves and exaust.
I still have so many questions, but here i got no one to answer me, in my country... Here we dont have a micra club. Sad.
That's why i am trying to ask my questions here.
Thanks for helping me!

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
So if i use the crankshaft from the CG13DE engine in my CG10DE, could I leave all the pistons and the conrods from CG10DE? And if i'll put the head from 1.3 with all the valves, will it fit? Or the pistons will damage the valves?
Maybe i should use the shorter conrods from CG13DE?
Just trying to find out, how can i make a 1.3 engine with a CG10DE cylinders and how to increase the compression?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dan

i would put the 1.3 crank and 1.3 rods and 1.3 cams with the 1.0 block and 1.0 pistons and 1.0 ecu (injectors are the same i think )
1.3 cams have more lift etc
1.0 rods are too long
1.0 pistons are flat top

frank

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Thanks, Frank! :]
The same i think i will do...
But i still would like to install injectors from 1.6 primera or maybe even from 1.8 SX
And i heard that ECU from 1.6 primera fits the micras connection of ECU
So sad, that we don't have Micra club here in Lithuania... It would be so GREAT to meet some micras :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dan

i dont think the injectors will make any difference, the ecu works in closed loop most of the time (the lamda will correct any extra fuelling you try to add apparently)
i read somewere the 1.0 ecu has a bit more ignition advance

frank

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
The injectors from a European spec GA16DE fit. I guess the 1.8SX you mention is a QG18 ? Don't know about this but first guess would be no.
Plenty of different ECU's from similar year Nissans will fit the plug. The Euro spec GA16DE ECU has the same I/O, others don't. Can't see much point in stuffing around with this thou.
You'll really need to remap an ECU if you run 1.3L motor with larger than standard injectors, or use the CG10DE pistons to give higher compression ratio with CG13DE crank & rods. So I'd just stick with what you have & remap it. OR run the CG13DE ECU with CG13DE pistons & your standard injectors.

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Thanks a lot!
I think, that i will leave the CG1DE ECU for now... Till maybe i'll find a CG13DE ECU.
My plans for now is to implant the crank and rods with myold pistons... Hope i'll have some power. :)
Maybe then i will try to use 1.3 cams and that's all for this year... Next year will see. :)
If i have any more questions, hope you will help me, Guys! :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dan

i think the crank shells and pistons are size/graded, best not to mix them maybe ?
i put 1.3 cams in mine, well worth it !
and i put a 1.3 crank in a 1.0 block (it fit ok, but i did,nt bolt it together tho)

frank

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
the shells will be different im sure of it stay with the cg10 pistons 1.3 rods and crank and i think you would see some nice power

i would defiently get a remap if your putting bigger injectors in

nice intake system and nice exhaust system aswell if you havent already got one jus more power without a turbo

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Hi, Guys!
Shells? (I don't know what is it) (blush) English is a foreign language for me :] Maybe shells are the piston rings?
So like i thought i will replace crank and rods + i will use CG10 pistons. I think it will be enough for this year. No performance in summer and autumn. Maybe next winter i will think about injectors and ECU.
Also i think of installing of Green filter in stock air filter box + very soon i will use free flow sistem after first catalisator (i will cut out second cat) I think of using 1.6" - 2.0" pipe (maybe stainless) + In my dreams is to fit N1 style muffler the way it is on Toyota Supra's (under the rear bumper a little hooked up) :)
And i thought to make a wide body + Super S front bumper + Super S spoiler and use R15/7" Team Dynamics Pro Sport 1.2 with Yokohama tyres 185/45. But now i don't like the idea to change body, i will just put wheels (Offset front-45, back-30) leaving the STOCK CG10 body.
What do you think?

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Oh, here is my beast :D

It was a winter slalom. I didn't win then, cause of burning out whitch you'll see. :)
Hope you will show me your rides :) Would be great.
Thanks for advises! :)

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
I think i understand what are you talking about, frank.
I would like to have exaust like yours, Frank, but it's not legal here in Lithuania to cut out cat's so i desided to cut only 2'nd one, but some day ithink it will happen anyway...
Thank for video! :)

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Oh, i see... :)
I think it is good idea. Maybe it would help me to get some flame and bang out of the mufler? :]
Nice! :)
Thanks, frank!
I am still searching for the crank and rods from CG13 :D Saw one couple days ago, but it looked terrible... it has been dismantled three months ago and left near garage in the yard... Water did its job :D
How much would cost crank and rods in UK? (new and used) Just interesting :)
At theese days i have got some terrible noise from my suspension (whell it looks like it is suspension) It sounds like a small hammer bangs my floor on left front side... when i accelerate it bangs one time and when i drop gas it bangs one more time. Also when i pass a stone, a small hill when that wheel becomes free it bang again.
When i am driving not alone, with someone big it stops all the bangs :\ Mecanik didn't find something in suspension or drive shafts... What could it be?
So hard to explain a problem in foreign language :D Hope you got the point? :)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dan

yes i understand (your english is very good,my lithuanian is zero)
maybe engine rubbers ?
maybe bottom ball joint ? (dont jack the car up and get a friend to shake the top of the ft/wheel hard while you look at the suspension)
crank and rods, maybe 30 or 40 euro,s used

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Oh, it's about 110-140 Lt Not so much.
That one that i found would cost about 80 Lt ~ 23 Euro's (but it is just covered with rust)
Thanks, for comments on my English :) (blush)
Hey, the engine rubbers is verry possible! Why i didn't think of that? :) Will check that! Thanks, Frank!
Besides, there was days, then tha bangs stoped. yesterday it was all clear, no bad sounds, today it is banging again, but not so hard like the day befor yesterday... :\
I'll instantly check the engine rubbers. Besides, it is possible that the rubbers are a little too free, cause my gear box has been taked off to change the clutch...
Hello in Lithuanian is "labas"! ;)
Your Lithuanian is not zero already :)

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Labas, Frank! :)
I think it would be great if i would also buy some parts from UK and post it together with crank :) it would be cheaper. :)
Besides, what if one of my friends in UK could get to you and delyver it to me? I could talk to them... :] We could deside it later. OK?
Frank, what do you think about Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 rims?
I dream of saving some money to buy theese wheels. It is a little expensive for me, so i want to be sure that those rims are great.
A little worryed about the r15/7" size won't it be too big for Micra?
How do you think, Frank? :]

CMF_Dan_iG

» CMF Member
Hi, Frank! :)
Whell, here in Lithuania we don't worry too much about rims and thefts. The thing is about spending much money, so sometimes a think, that much better would be to buy used rims. will think about this.
The main thing is to convert the engine. then i'll see what to do next :)
Thank you, Frank! :)

Back