car insurance help

mohammed

Ex. Club Member
hello everyone i'm looking for car insurance. my insurance is finishing end of the month. i was on the internet yesterday going through comfused.com and compare.com too. can anyone tell me which insurance company is good. i've got 3 years ncb and got a bit of mods on my k11 facelift 1.4 16v. can anyone help me please

You'll get better deals from comapnies that aren't on the comparison websites.

Directline, but they won't accept your mods
Adrian Flux (you get discount)
Chris Knott (you get discount)
Sky (you get discount)

Try they.

im with Admrial and paying just under £1000 for my 1L K11 with no mods.

first car im 19 with no years claims.

probably over the odds but i was happy just to be able to afford the insurance in the first place. moved in with my girlfriend and got £200 back aswell:D

The cheapest I could get with no NCB was £1400, then I called up sky and they sorted me out for £960 with modifications declared

chris knott - closed today phone monday. adrian flux won't insure me with mods.
modified car insurance quoted me 3120.00 full comp
swinton modified car insurance quoted me 1599.00 full comp
kwikfit full comp 737.00 with no mods.
broker king 695.52 with no mods.
gona phone sky car insurance monday.
what do u lot think shell i tell them i got mods or not

of course you should tell them about the mods, or why bother with the insurance. and that is crap about adrian flux not insuring you on a modded car because thats what they do.

its scarey how much insurance is, i am paying about £900 for 3 modified cars, all 1.3s one is an import.

Choosing insurance is going round in circles.

Play them off against each other. If you take your time and make the effort, you'll make a huge saving. If you go for the first cheapish sounding company, then you'll end up paying more then should.

Do what I did and keep your mods insurance friendly for the first year, I have a sports steering wheel and a 3 point harness which barely increased my premium.
Also if you lowered your car remember they're LOWERING SPRINGS not SPORTS SPRINGS.
If insurance hear the word sports your premium just doubled

thanks for that i didn't no that and my cars only lowered and got a front splitter on it. one company goes 1500 for 2 items full comp that expensive

If your profile is correct and you have a 1.4 then that seems a pretty good deal altough you have got 3 years NCB so you should be able to get it under a grand easy

If an insurace company says they can do it for say £900 say 'oh ok well I've ben offered £850 by a local insurance broker so unless you can match it I'll just go there' they usually drop their prices pretty quickly

the last micra i had was a 1.3 super s, was insured for £350 fully comp with mods declared (suspension and engine) through sky insurance.

If you dont have a Thatcham category 1 installed see what the difference in your quotes are and consider fitting one, you will be looking at £230 for a Toad Ai606

thats cheap slimothy whats your excess and Adrian Flux are closed today gona phone monday

Excess is £150 :grinning:

Although I don't think my car is cheap to insure - my last car was a limited edition, Anthracite coloured, Fiat Seicento Abarth - Full exhaust system from manifold to tail, uprated ecu, induction kit & £1000 worth of ICE - and that was only £280 a year fully comp with £250 excess.

mohammed how old are you?, if you dont mind me asking.

i pay 1500 on 1.4 3rd party fire and theft. now i think abt it its expensive

yes...thats expensive. makes my insurance quotes for the project car seem cheap (excluding the £9995 quote i got recently)...dunno about any convictions etc you may have...but ive been getting stuff on stock micras for £300.

though unfortunatly the micra is a stupid insurance group...in comparison to its competitors.

ive been sodding around with my insurance quotes recently try tiger.co.uk

quoted from admiral 1012 tpf&t im 23 (test on 22nd) driving less than month no mods.

* added my dad as named driver on my policy 825!!

* added my mum aswell as a named driver 723!!

* selected "10 month bonus accelerator" 620!!

its amazing what happens when you add the parentals!!

added all mods went up to 836 iirc

not bad for first years insurance

my lil bro whos 17 bought his c reg 1.0 polo for 25 quid of family freind with mot and tax, cheapest quote was 2900 third party only, ######ing #### take insurance companies

good luck buddy

ah right, the crashes maybe going against you...if they are still recentish. Keep looking though, you'll find a cheap one :)

i'm gona look around for insurance and guys how much do u think the insurance would be with 2 mods on my car. lowering spring and front splitter. roughly full comp price just want a figure

now found insurance company footman james quote me 392.10 fully comp that cheap compared to what i was paying

i'm gona look around for insurance and guys how much do u think the insurance would be with 2 mods on my car. lowering spring and front splitter. roughly full comp price just want a figure

now found insurance company footman james quote me 392.10 fully comp that cheap compared to what i was paying

thats a very good quote whose it with? were the the two accidents your fault?

accident was the other guys fault. i find another company full comp with mods 900.00 drive any other vehicle plus i can mod the car and won't effect the insurance. thats good for me. they called adrian flux

its amazing what adding parents to policy do to the car, i added my mother and father in law to mine and it went from about £1800 down to £1190.

moved in with my girl friend and it came down to under £1000

Back