Nissan Micra Car Insurance

Hi guys, my damn car insurance are ready to eat my pockets for a renewal, can anyone recommend a cheap car insurance that you know or with etc, also as my car is an M reg 1995 (16 years old) wondered if it would go as classic insurance?

cheers

J

I managed to get a quote from a company called 'First Central'. Very cheap on Money Supermarket!
I've delt with them with my provisional insurance, and then decided to go with them for my licensed one too.

They tend to be internet only, but you can get them on the phone rather easily. I rang them about my provisional license and managed to cancel it and get my money I paid upfront back as well.

Hopefully I won't have to claim from them, as I've heard really bad things on reviews, yet, as I said, from my experience, I haven't had any bad.

Its actually cheaper you know if you quote 30 days in advance to actually buying insurance. Quite a bit cheaper in fact. There are subtle ways to make it lower.

Cheers guys, ill give em a try and see what results i get!!! also these subtle ways, any hints i could give it a try??

Cheers

J

Blooooody hell, for a 1.0L (1.3 really) i was quoted and bare in mind its a 16 year old ( M reg ) car, a staggering £380.00, car not even worth that even thou it looks like a Super S etc...... and thats with that annoying FAT B@stard go compare site, if i see him in the streets im gonna give him a kicking cos of the quotes, i know its the lloyds insurers thats always fluctuating but gotta take it out on someone :)

J

380?! Haha, my Micra is costing me (first year mind you driving) just over £2000. The car was bought for £1200.

Yeah, try Money Supermarket, not Go Compare. You get hassled going with Go Compare. Many phone calls and the like I found.

Aim to get insurance 30 days in advance as it is a lot cheaper this way as I said. They also change on a day to day basis.

Classic insurance usually covers cars over 15 years old, problem is most won't insure drivers under 25 years old, and will be for limited mileage.
Try all the compare websites then give sky/adrian flux a call. And i think classic cars are 20 years old

Well, i got a sweet touch on my insurance to start monday, £297 fully comp :) .... i got stupid quotes like £400 - £4000, silly ####ers, car isnt worth that, i can understand if i had a porsche 911 its worth the penny, but for a micra thats based on a 1LTR on log book thats pushing it....

J

1st central, but it all depends on age, area you live, no claims, where you park, working status, marital status, additional driver e,t,c, all differes for everyone.. i guess i was just real damn lucky, paid on line and sorted!!

J

Not a bad quote, my Micra was £2100 to insure when I first bought it :laugh:. The car was £625 when I bought it, so go figure :doh:. And then if I was to insure it with all the mods in November - £3000 with 6 points :glare:. It's just ridiculous

My renewal is coming up in december, and so I looked at First Central like has been suggested on here, they quoted me £8k! So i think I'll stick to Admiral with a still very expensive £2.5k

It's robbery I tell you!

Insurance is a big game for money, my uncle who used to have an insurance brokers many years ago had the business running for 5 years made his money shut shop and went to south of france and bought him self a house and now lives there not working living in life of luxury, made it big time apparently.... so its allll a ripppp of!!!!

J

i dont see why car enthusiasts and owners clubs dont band together and make thier own insurance company... doing insurance thats half what it is with anyone else.

i mean lest crunch some numbers here...

there are over 10million cars in the uk that belong to an owners club.
each of these clubs have on average, 1000 members (some lower, some much much higher)
each of these members pays through the nose for insurance due to their mods....
if someone offered you insurance on your 1.3 micra, you aged 17, wheels, suspention and exhaust mods for £500 a year.... would you take them up on it?..
of course you bleeding would.... and so would the other 10million modded car owners..
and if a death occours and legal costs are needed paying.......... i am sure that 10million x on average £300 would quite easily cover it, and the vehicle repairs / replacements...

no marketing needed,
no selling off your details to claims companies,
no one fixing prices so that you appear "competative" of comparison sites,
no heafty renewal quotes
no discrimination for men or women
no discrimination for post code (car crime is everywhere regardless of post code)
no one could resist cheaper insurance......

whats stopping anyone from doing this?

i dont see why car enthusiasts and owners clubs dont band together and make thier own insurance company... doing insurance thats half what it is with anyone else.

i mean lest crunch some numbers here...

there are over 10million cars in the uk that belong to an owners club.
each of these clubs have on average, 1000 members (some lower, some much much higher)
each of these members pays through the nose for insurance due to their mods....
if someone offered you insurance on your 1.3 micra, you aged 17, wheels, suspention and exhaust mods for £500 a year.... would you take them up on it?..
of course you bleeding would.... and so would the other 10million modded car owners..
and if a death occours and legal costs are needed paying.......... i am sure that 10million x on average £300 would quite easily cover it, and the vehicle repairs / replacements...

no marketing needed,
no selling off your details to claims companies,
no one fixing prices so that you appear "competative" of comparison sites,
no heafty renewal quotes
no discrimination for men or women
no discrimination for post code (car crime is everywhere regardless of post code)
no one could resist cheaper insurance......

whats stopping anyone from doing this?

You might be onto something there

Back