Camber!?

Got a set of Ultralites from euro_micra and as you can see from his pictures as well there is ALOT of poke, havnt got stretched tyres on them and not looking to get them either, too much money for me at the moment. The front wheels poke much more than the back so was planning on having a bit of front negative camber and roll the arch's out.

How do i go about getting negative camber on the front wheels?

M8 rather than M10 bolt in the upper strut to hub carrier bolt hole, dill out the upper hole, or fit camber adjusting bolts. There might also be adjustable top mounts available, Matt humphris would be yer man for them.

Whoops, M10 rather than M12 bolts in the upper bolt hole. My bad. Fortunately Frank was along to correct me.

i slotted the top hole on mine for camber :) i ran a 12mm drill while lifting the hub

Attachments

• mitiz.jpg
    mitiz.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 290
okay, thanks markbognor il give him a shout. glad i got more options than just having M10 bolts, wouldnt mind camber adjusting bolts! thanks frank for the picture bud, great help!

That's pretty much what I've said too isn't it. But I still recommend the slotting, like franks pic, can get more camber that way can't you?

You can also diy the arches a little quite easily if you don't want to pay to flare them, I managed about 8mm+ each side without trying, so with some effort you should just be able to do it with neg camber upfront as well(Y)

yeah i was just seeing if there was any other ways, like the slotting, probably gonna go for that.

yeah thats what i was planning on doing, just get a scaffold pole in there! ha, but yeah gonna need a bit of camber, doesnt have to be alot but a little to help that arch covering the tread better.

That's pretty much what I've said too isn't it. But I still recommend the slotting, like franks pic, can get more camber that way can't you?
you can slot the tophole about 2mm before the hub starts to butt up against the leg eh matt :) (about 15mm of movement at the top of the tyre) then you would have to shave some off the back of the hub to get any more

Have a look at ghettomicra's blog on ciscos if you can't quite get enough with hammer or scaffolding but still want to diy, he's recently cut, bent and filled his arches and will be more than enough to cover the tyres.

you can slot the tophole about 2mm before the hub starts to butt up against the leg eh matt :) (about 15mm of movement at the top of the tyre) then you would have to shave some off the back of the hub to get any more

Ah ok, my coilies have a little more room I think:D camber bolts typically only give 1.5degrees of movement each way though iirc, so can still get more with slotting can't ya.

Would using camber bolts facing out on the bottom hole work well with the slotted top hole for even more neg camber? I was thinking of a safe, reversable way to add extra camber if I ever intended to do a hill climb for example:wasntme:

Would using camber bolts facing out on the bottom hole work well with the slotted top hole for even more neg camber? I was thinking of a safe, reversable way to add extra camber if I ever intended to do a hill climb for example:wasntme:

it would give you more camber eh matt, but it could be argued that you are weakening the design tho :eek:

it would give you more camber eh matt, but it could be argued that you are weakening the design tho :eek:

Yeah, I was thinking it would be replaced with the stock bolt when not used, but I'm probably not going to be doing it anyway, just want to see what options I have. Although the option that keeps money in my pocket usually wins.

Could possibly be an option for you though Yellow.

Back