negative camber

superls

K10 Tuner
right then girls and boys (frank esp lol)

had a major brain waye re negative camber on the rear, hopefully an alternative to cuting and welding the hubs

pictures speak volumes etc

stock axel, (sorry about the superior quality pics lol

axl.png

assortment of gear needed

axl1.png

hey presto negative camber

axl2.png

whats the thoughts / opinions in the house?

scott

edit, why wont the attachments show themselfs???

i attempted something similar scott (pics in my blog eh) and they are really strong :eek:
there,s a tuning place in nuneaton (or atherstone) that bends almera ones apparently

dam i hardly come up with something original lol, but its a practical solution to my negative camber situation eh???
how strong is really strong? i have an oxy/acetalyne set if that would help?

nuneaton eh, do they have to be off the car for them to bend them? i was going to attempt an on the car job, my uncle had a good portapower he's used to straighten a few chassis's,

i think they do them on the car mate, and my 2 ton portapower was about full chat and a scaffpole with a 6ft crowbar shoved inside was bending bigtime :eek: (a torch would have made it go no probs tho :grinning: )

i have a 10 tone bottle jack, and i could borrow my dads 20 ton one (i think it is), plus like i say my uncle has a mean ass porta power thing.

on the car is it, i wonder how much they charge???

One thing to think about on a car with a soild axle is the fact that said axle isn't subject to roll in the same way as say trailing arms, so from a handling point of view negative camber is really of no benefit on our cars in realation to the rear.

But then you could of course just be doing it for looks or to squeeze over-size wheels under the arches. and for sure your tyres are always going to wear the inside edges off.

Back