Lowering, camber and stretched tyres

I want a real low stance for my micra but I'm on a budget.
Let's start with tyres I bought a set of wolf race rims of meckenziecz http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/f-s-staggered-set-of-13-wolfrace-slot-mags-7-and-6.50205/
What do I need for stretched tyres?
What sort of negative camber would I need for a good look
Without an extreme amount of uneven tyre wear.
And if I just get some lowering springs this wont knacker the shocks will
It? As you can tell I'm a novice when it comes to stance so all advice and help is appreciated

the white one has matiz rears on the front, 40 to 50mm drop depending on what model k11, £20
the red one has matiz legs with the lower spring perch shifted down, 80+mm drop,£40
rears......corsa rear shocks and whatever length spring you want to fit
front camber is easy to increase with a drill :)
DSCF0084.JPG

To lower the perch would you have to cut it of and reweld it back on?
And is that 80 mm drop with standard micra springs?
I'm guessing the matiz dampers and corsa dampers are a straight swap onto the micra?

Are you sure you need camber? I had those wheels fitted to mine and there was no need. Although I believe that a little negative on the front can help turn in.

165/55's look nice, there'll be a little stretch on the rears, fronts will be pretty much straight. If you want stretch on the fronts you be needing something like a 145/60 - which do look cool on a 6 but will have a slightly smaller overall diameter than the 165/55s on the rear.

165/55 & 145/60

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

165/55's all round, 7's on the back, 6's on the front

DSCF2277.jpg

155/70's on the 6's all round

4878001159_bfeb674522_b.jpg

165/55's on 8" / 7" /6"

DSCF2173.jpg

DSCF2174.jpg

145/70's on a 6" - not sure what you would run on the rear

59048.jpg

155/70 on a 7" - looks pants!

DSCF1006.jpg

I know I've found a pic of a 145/60 on a 6 before but cant seem to find it now.

Out of interest, how many people here have lowered their cars on skinny stretched tires with the front wishbone angle beyond vertical and dialed in static camber?

To lower the perch would you have to cut it of and reweld it back on?
And is that 80 mm drop with standard micra springs?
I'm guessing the matiz dampers and corsa dampers are a straight swap onto the micra?
nah, 80mm+ drop if you use the complete matiz leg, a k11 leg @ 80mm drop will have no stroke left and will be sitting on the bumpstops (the matiz leg is about 50mm shorter to start with)

Also the wheels in the pics have been Kerbed somewhat.
Im quite good when it comes to DIY. What would I have to do to
Take out the kurbing and scratches??

I'd be inclined to feather in the worst of it with a file or coarse wet'ndry, then spin them up on the car with fine wet&dry and take off the worst of the oxidization. then give 'em a polish.

If you wanted them to be all paint you could fill gouges with chemical metal and sand to shape before painting. Body filler would work for the shallower damage.

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg
DSC_0873.jpg
Lowered with BC-Racing V1 coilovers (front springs cutted about 30mm), Wheels: front 8,5x13" and rear 9x13". Tires 195/45 Continentals.​
Theres lowering, negative cambers and strech enough I think so.​

Well that was kinda joke.
Yeah it nice car but sometimes I hate when I get stuck somewhere because its bit too low. But not going to rise it, low is good. Just realised that this it not very low budget lowering that the starter of this thread was asking.
(Also realised that my english sucks)

I want a real low stance for my micra but I'm on a budget.
Let's start with tyres I bought a set of wolf race rims of meckenziecz http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/f-s-staggered-set-of-13-wolfrace-slot-mags-7-and-6.50205/
What do I need for stretched tyres?
What sort of negative camber would I need for a good look
Without an extreme amount of uneven tyre wear.
And if I just get some lowering springs this wont knacker the shocks will
It? As you can tell I'm a novice when it comes to stance so all advice and help is appreciated

just get some cheap corsa coilovers and slam it. the wheels are too narrow for some negative camber. it would look just silly. pm if you need more info

I got silly quote from my local tyre shop, the best value for money i found was on camskills

edit: you can get 165/50 slightly cheaper and they are lower profile :D

Yeah I've been on camskill an their £40/50 a tyre, Would of thought 155's would be stupid on a 7J, Maybe get away with it on a weller or something like that?

Nice. Would much prefer different Rita's for that sort of price, but it's all about personal choice

Its was out of the BM8's or the grid V's, Yeah I'll agree there abit pricey but it should look really good, That's what
matters to me haha :D

Will you be attending Japfest this year bud?

"We should really stop with this thread hijacking" :rolleyes:

the white one has matiz rears on the front, 40 to 50mm drop depending on what model k11, £20

Frank.....

If standard rear matiz springs fit the fronts do you know if lowered matiz rear springs will fit too (circa 35mm springs)? i would have thought they would if standard ones do? and how much lower would they be than in the pic (the white one)

thanks in advance:)

Frank.....

If standard rear matiz springs fit the fronts do you know if lowered matiz rear springs will fit too (circa 35mm springs)? i would have thought they would if standard ones do? and how much lower would they be than in the pic (the white one)

thanks in advance:)
i guess they would make it 35mm more lower ? dunno if they would be captive tho (the stock matiz rears have about 10mm preload on the k11 leg)

the red one has matiz legs with the lower spring perch shifted down, 80+mm drop,£40
rears......corsa rear shocks and whatever length spring you want to fit
front camber is easy to increase with a drill :)
View attachment 20040

Do you have to fit Corsa B shocks or can you use the Matiz shocks ? as I have messaged a few people on ebay about buying the full Matiz suspension but if I can't use the rear shocks I don't want to end up buying them if I need the Corsa B ones instead , Also are the Corsa B shocks standard ones ?

Also would like to add that the Corsa B coilovers are also the same as the Vauxhall Nova coilovers so some of you might want to think about buying Nova coilovers if your not going down the Matiz route :)

Do you have to fit Corsa B shocks or can you use the Matiz shocks ? as I have messaged a few people on ebay about buying the full Matiz suspension but if I can't use the rear shocks I don't want to end up buying them if I need the Corsa B ones instead , Also are the Corsa B shocks standard ones ?
the matiz rear shocks wont fit poppy, and yes stock or uprated corsa rear shocks are the right length for lowering

Just another quick question does it matter what year Matiz you get the front suspension off ?

Oh yeah and has anyone actually done a '' how to '' thread on moding them to fit a Micra along with the Corsa B back struts ?

Just another quick question does it matter what year Matiz you get the front suspension off ?

Oh yeah and has anyone actually done a '' how to '' thread on moding them to fit a Micra along with the Corsa B back struts ?
the options are...... complete matiz front legs poppy (with the perch lowered if you want 80+mm)
or else matiz rear springs on the k11 legs (but suzuki alto may be preferable, ask mario)
and the corsa rear shocks are simply shorter than k11 ones :)

Back