CAI idea?

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
Hi all, (sorry ignore the title it was meant to be CAI)

at the moment my cone filter is attached to the side of my Ga16 Airbox, seen here :http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/Eliot1718/Nissan Micra Super S/

however it does suck up lots of heat.

Therefore I was thinking of using this stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/70mm-COLD-AIR..._CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM#ht_2679wt_934

The plan is to attach it to the side of my airbox then loop it round over the gearbox and towards the front grill and then I will attach the cone filter. Would this idea work?

its sure to help eliot, but i think you will still be drawing in a lot of warm air, thats why the factory fitted the trunking behind the battery and headlamp eh fwn

why would you keep that airbox then mate?

I haven't declared the cone filter so its less obvious to the insurane company, and i quite like it :blush:

something like this ?

Attachments

• n528557238_1210872_7688.jpg
    n528557238_1210872_7688.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 192
filter to insurance company? never heard of that. anyways they have the box cos they havent got the cone filter, so they kept the one in the box. be you, id get rid of the box and stuck the pipe straight on tb.
It would get warm on the way to TB if you put it behind the grill cos it goes around the engine block. try to copy the route of the original piping.(Y)

To be honest the whole engine bay gets warm/hot you'll be increaseing the cold air flow but it will still get warmer on the way to the TB,
Still good luck! (Y)

, id get rid of the box and stuck the pipe straight on tb.
It would get warm on the way to TB if you put it behind the grill cos it goes around the engine block. try to copy the route of the original piping.(Y)

which would cause #### to go in the engine?

think matt proved thr airbox gives more low down torque than a cone filter

I meant if he uses the conefilter behind the grill then put the pipe from the filter straight on the tb and not to the airbox.
Not just the pipe. that wouldn't be very wise.

Id keep the box it provides better throttle responce due to the air thats stored in there being on tap. Also dont forget you want the shortest route without harsh bends, and i also used some CAF piping like that and found that when giving throttle some boot it shrivled in :(

Tbh you wont see gains on a NA its all noise

This is what I decided to do.

(The silicone hose is red but it appears orange in the picture)

Attachments

• pcture1233.jpg
    pcture1233.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 213
Back