it was time to do something with my brakes
first i found the calipers
004fm.jpg

they are from almera (pulsar) n15
and are painted as you see gold

then bought the rotors (247mm) and pads
painted also gold
007cbw.jpg

and yesterday took my k11 for service and found the opportunity to put them on.
Here are my new brakes
before
001nc.jpg

002rf.jpg

after
013eb.jpg

012tby.jpg

005wia.jpg

007jq.jpg

Im using N15 calipers too, but the 247mm discs didnt fit, only the 232mm from N15 or 240mm from N14. In yours the 247mm discs were plug and play?

maybe your mechanic did something wrong

Im my mechanic... lol

Dont know what went wrong then. I will double check that, but a friend put some 240mm N14 discs because the 247mm N15 discs didnt fit, like on mine (both with N15 calipers).

i don't know mate but here in greece there are k11 that were gti-r discs 257!!!

Yes, i will install some GTi-R brakes soon. But i dont understand why the 247mm discs didnt fit my N15 calipers, yours say the same thing as mines, 22V...

it will depend on which N15 they came off, i have N15 calipers on mine off of a 1.4, 232mm disks, but the 2.0 litres use 247mm disks i think and different carriers but the same calipers

it will depend on which N15 they came off, i have N15 calipers on mine off of a 1.4, 232mm disks, but the 2.0 litres use 247mm disks i think and different carriers but the same calipers

I think that all 1.4/1.6 calipers are the same, only different carriers, at least they all say the same, "22V". I got the same discs as you do, but only because the larger discs didnt fit. And i think that 2.0 uses 256mm discs with calipers similar to GTi-R calipers.

i'm using 22v gti-r pulsar calipers & carrier with 256mm dia grooved discs, which just bout clears the caliper (they scrape when real hot). ur carrier looks different to the gti-r so they may be suited for the smaller disc?
attachment.php

i think i,ll stick with my lightweight stock jobbie,s :) after all, if you can lock the fronts up on dry tarmac you,re not going to shorten your braking distance with bigger brakes fwn
and my f/bumper has had the bottom couple of inches trimmed off the bottom (and no dirty great lip added) so the brakes have plenty of fresh air around them (no brakefade as yet)

i got terrible brake fade on the way to the coast the other week, 3 up, nice roads not going mad, the brakes soon felt like bike v brakes, but looking back through the folder of reciepts and history i have with the car, the disks and pade were changed about 8-9 months back, but were only cheap brakes, so maybe that could be the problem?

i got terrible brake fade on the way to the coast the other week, 3 up, nice roads not going mad, the brakes soon felt like bike v brakes, but looking back through the folder of reciepts and history i have with the car, the disks and pade were changed about 8-9 months back, but were only cheap brakes, so maybe that could be the problem?

I have the same problem, if i want to stop that car at 150kmh, it stops, but the next stop is impossible, as you have no brakes at all. Im using Tarox discs and Bendix pads, they were not cheap.

I think it depends on which discs you get and what the age of the car was perhaps? It could be this needs some looking into to make sure people know what they are buying.

Interestingly Matt Humphris lists GTI-R discs and calipers and states that 3mm is required to be machined from the dics outer in order for them to clear the calipers. Mine were a simple bolt on. Most of us just use a set of AD22VF calipers with hangers from a GTI-R, a set of GTI-R discs and they are fine, (all be it with a washer to make sure the caliper is central fo the disc).

I think it depends on which discs you get and what the age of the car was perhaps? It could be this needs some looking into to make sure people know what they are buying.

Im using Tarox G88 discs, Bendix pads, did a rebuild on the N15 calipers, replaced the stock brake master cylinder with Primera GT master cylinder, braided lines all around and used DOT5.1 oil. All the parts were new except the calipers (but did a rebuild on them).

Back