k11/GTIR brake upgrade

micras69

Deactivated Account
now i know with very little effort you can use the pulsar brakes othe k11 (done this myself)

after trawling the GTIR forum ive seen that the upgrade for the pulsar is the 300zx 4 pot calipers and discs. this is just as easy to do as the k11 with the pulsar brakes.

so does anyone agree/disagree that i could try and put the 300zx 4 pots on the micra...by spacing agen on top of what ive done to fit the pulsar calipers?

the way im looking at it (without checking clearances ect) is that the micras brakes are now of a standard pulsar and all i need to do is modd them agen like the do on the pulsars to fit the 4 pots........or have i totaly lost the plot and talking chappy :blush:

comments?

Now this is interesting!

the Z32 brakes are a direct upgrade for the 200sx brakes... That would imply that you could use 200sx brakes on a micra too!

Do you know whether both the iron and alloy z32 brakes are a direct bolt on? If so, what's the weight difference between them?

Keep in mind you'll need to redrill the discs (whichever you get) to 4x100 pcd.

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
I'm shure you can use the 200sx brakes on the micra as matt h sells the upgrade.....I think will need to check this.

I'm not shure on what is a direct fit yet but whatever is used they need to be moded, as for whight....I havnt the foggyiest but will look onto it

If this works I can supply the whole upgrade for around £150

If you're talking about a z32 upgrade with discs drilled for 4x100 for 150 quid, then PM me, I'm VERY interested. Especially if it's the alloy calipers (which seem to be cheaper for some reason as they're early ones!)

OP
OP
micras69

micras69

Deactivated Account
the ones im getting are the standard 4 pot calipers and i think its the 256mm discs that come in 4x100 so no need for drilling bud, but shure i'll drop you a pm when i have mine sorted (Y)

Right, that's not quite what I'm looking at... I'm trying to sort a 280mm Z32 Alloy caliper setup, so I think I'll go ahead and source them myself, and post on here how I get along.

Will have 280mm x 30mm vented discs up front, redrilled for 4x100 (there aren't any off-the shelf discs with the right dimensions).

You wouldn't be able to use 256mm discs with the z32 calipers. Unless you're talking bout using the early 200sx setup, in which case you should end up with the same ish result as a GTI-R setup! Keep us all updated here, any new source of brakes for a micra is good;)

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
best one you will get for you matey is use the twin pot FTO calipers with the 280mm clio sport discs ;)

that way you can have the vented discs you require at 280mm
then twin pots would be more than adequate id presume...