• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Blog of the China Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing most fellow members painting their rocker covers, I've finally gave it ago, I din't take any pictures mid process but used heavy duty toilet cleaner to get most of the dirt off. Only had Black High Temp Paint at work so Black it is, lol.

4907461639_6aaa2320f6.jpg

4907461719_533dc43c73.jpg

I have posted a picture of my cams as they look different to what Kenny's original 1.4 cams looked like, might just be me but these look like rally cams, but hey could be completely wrong, lol.

4907461537_cc114ce880.jpg

Also put on some Vinlys, got some more to put on from IMP as well.

4907461393_d1eb9c8a78.jpg

Good News, I had the car running yesterday while I was mowing the lawn and the petrol gauge has sorted itself out funnily enough. Got a new rocker cover gasket on order as well.

Only thing is when I stopped the engine after 15 minutes and tried starting again nothing, just a slight turn over, so the battery has to be stuffed.:down:

Rocker cover looks good! Some great work as usual (Y)

As for the batteryif you need a new one take a look at the tomokaracing lightweight performance batteries. They were featured in the news section of Banzai this month, look great IMO specially to save those kilos :D

Got A Question for you Phil: after painting the dash how durable are the blowers open close function wheels (if you get me) you think the paint would rub off over time when it's hot and sticky?
Just wanted to ask as ill be painting my whole dash in future...

Hi Shaun, After cleaning the vents I had covered them in Plastic Primer and after 15 minutes just moved them so they didn't stick, did another layer and moved them again.

Next painted them in the desired colour then laquered them. Just really have to make sure when you remove them not to loose the plastic washers and to keep on moving them after spraying just so the don't seize.

In the pictures the photo's actually do them finished look justice, only because I didn't spend much time cleaning the vents as there is dust behind them still. Still happy with the finished product.

Started my car yesterday while doing the garden, and after about 15 minutes I noticed there was the odd pop/silent part from the exhaust, so I went to rev the engine and plumes of smoke came from the engine, opened the bonnet and there was water leaking from one of the pipes, damn plastic piping had melted which I didn't expect but should have done, lol. Just hope that was the only problem. Really missing driving the Micra....:(

Well bought this last week and arrived today a Hood Pin Kit from McGill Motorsport off ebay it's my third purchase from them and really happy with their service.

Also waiting on feed back for some wire mesh (Not for my car for the focus) and some Alloy Piping (to fix my radiator) hopefully getting a discount as well.(Y)

Attachments

• P1000137.JPG
    P1000137.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 604
Think it's time for an update as it's been a very slow year for the ChinaBlue, god I hate being skint.

Recently wired up my Audi Style LED's. Got a couple of pictures of them as well. I have also fitted my Bonnet Pins but I'll get some pictures up on the weekend hopefully of my boarded out boot as well.

5164837902_95681be936.jpg

5164836954_960b07528c.jpg

Since I have fitted these I have had the car running, even reverse it up and down the drive before turning it around. Still can't believe he won't start by himself still.

CHEERS SEB for reminiding me about my Blog, hope your SuperS lights get fitted ok (Y)

Dig Those led, looks clean. Thanks PHil, weather us cold but no rain Those morning, lets go!

Ha ha, yeah took some time doing but got there in the end I have also got a large range of Blue LED's in there as well, but not wired up yet just on my list of many things todo.

Pictures as promised of the fitted Bonnet Pins, I tried to line them up with the slight raise of the bonnet.

5181927379_59d4d55fd5.jpg

5182526152_57a3b6368b.jpg

Once I've cleared the boot I'll take pictures of that.

pjg, what way did you open your headlights - bake in the oven as some other colleagues have done?

I find those lights REALLY cool (Y)(Y)

Nah my lass would let me put parts of my car in the oven, lol. Just used a heat gun which you would use for stripping paint. It was time consuming to do each one

I gently heated the top half of the lamp, gently going from side to side (as if you were spray painting) for about 2 minutes then slowly prised open (NOT FULLY). Then turned the lamp upside down to do the bottom half. Did both halfs about twice before the glass came away.

Spoiler update

As some of you may know I had started modifying a standard lip spoiler into a drag type spoiler, well for the past 4 working days I have been cracking on with it every lunch hour and tomorrow I'm buying some filler just to finish of the top before I can Primer and Paint.

Top Sides:

5204246633_e1139d3206.jpg

5204245029_45009d351d.jpg

Under Side:

This will be recieving a layer of Fibreglass paste to try and give it a more professional finish.

5204248215_d5b631c7d1.jpg

5204847744_549ab9482a.jpg

The colours you see on the work bench are from me, painting dash, spoiler etc, lol.

Comments Welcome (Y)

Cheers for all the comments guys, I've done a bit more fillering today and tomorrow will be sanding the top and fibreglassing the bottom. Next week I hopefully should have it ready for Primering which will have to wait till 19.12.10 bummer, what can I sell on ebay, lol.

I also have my work cut out for me on Saturday, jobs include:

Cough Cough house work (yeah right) grr
Re-wiring battery with lower amperage cable.
Side Light and Prism Light feed from Engine Bay to Behind the Dash.
Clean the car hasn't been done this yeah, I feel for him. :down:
Fit Homemade Mud Flaps. (Y)
General Tidy.

Chances of getting this done on Saturday, hmmm :suspect:. http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Heckmondwike-WF16 Could be Promising could but I have gloves, lol.

Well it's been a while, but as the house is selling and the next house has a garage and the wife is pregnant the Micra will have to be back on the road sharpish woo hoo.

So fitted an 80Ah battery last week and car turned over but still not starting. Removed the Spark Plugs and they looked like this.

5511153751_ee56632094.jpg

Took them to work and used the Rotacraft tool with the brass wire brush piece and ended up looking like this.

5511753590_3fa10cb4e8.jpg

Little todo list:

Micra running smoothly.
Secure Boarded boot.
Secure Batteries.
Replace 2 tyres.
Replace Windscreen.

:doh: Never seen this thread before, gave it a read and I like what im seeing espcially the almera rad, I like seeing ideas like that.

keep it up dude.

Well this evening I got the Micra running using a RPP3200 (trade start jump pack for use with tractors, lol) anyway after 5 minutes of running the temperature was just below RED so stuck on fans on full blast on heat.

I felt the top pipe and it was warm but doesn't feel like there is any liquid in there though the radiator is filled to the top.

Any ideas?

when the engine is cold remove the rad cap, start the car and top up the radiator whilst running until it wont take no more. also does the fan kick in on idle? maybe a water pump.......

when the engine is cold remove the rad cap, start the car and top up the radiator whilst running until it wont take no more. also does the fan kick in on idle? maybe a water pump.......

and let fan kick in once/twice before replacing radiater cap

hey how did you get the casing of your lights so clear? wash my china blue k11 pretty much everyday but not that clear as yours did you clean from the inside? and what paint did ya use for the grills and are they easy to remove?

Well today I have spent about 3 hours removing items from my car, struggling to get the exhaust off but suprised on how many people are asking for random stuff, lol.

Anyways car is going tomorrow morning, going to have another go at the exhaust and may remove the 1.4 cams as I'm sure someone will be interested in those.

Well a Temperary Good Bye, currently keeping my eyes on a White K10 hoping they have it after the move, lol. or it might be a Mitsubishi Colt or Mazda 323F which I also quite like the look of.

Anyway if anybody needs to keep in touch just PM me as I will be checking every other day to see how all of your progresses are going.

Cheers.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back