black ice claims another victim

i was driving along a 30mph street and hit a patch of black ice which made the car slide towards the curb on the left so i countersteered away and it did nothing and it didntslow one bit, then the tyres suddenly gripped and pulled the car violently around into the other side of the road which made the car fishatail badly before sliding sideways into a tree and finally ending up in a garden iv only had the car 3 days and i only have 3rd party insurance so my cars nackerd. will get pics up soon...

Mate that sucks, if you slide no point trying to steer, it doesn't make a difference. I only give it opposite lock for giggles cos I know it won't do anything. Any idea of how bad the damage is?

yes mate is a cat b rite off every panel is knackerd cos it hit a garden wall and demolished both bumpers ill try and get pics if i can find out how lol

micraboy2k

What!? That ain't your fault that you spun on black ice!!
Shocking what this country and it's justice system has come to...

"Dangerous driving"? ha!...I wonder which items of evidence the police will present in court supporting a case of "Dangerous"....

...a lesser case of "Careless" would still need some evidence to support the claims of "Careless"

If no 3rd partys were injured..then i doubt that the police would be so blaze as to take this case to a court for prossecution....

...my guess is that a disgruntled garden owner or a diillusioned rookie policeperson is getting ahead of themselves......

If your description of events is teh truth...then STAND YOUR GROUND....it will take a minor mirracle to prove that this accident is beyond reasonable doubt "Careless" or worse "Dangerous" Driving.....

Give me strength

yes thats exactly what i thought lol... erm i was going around 30-35 as he road ahead was completely clear and when i started to slide i put my foot flat to the floor on what i thought was the brake but i am thinking now that this was the accelerator seeing the scale of the damage to the garden and the car... the police said at the scene that they aren't stupid and the know i was 'razzing it ' which isnt true ..

but i dont believe they have evidence as i havent seen anyone take any photos on the night and there are no tyre marks on the road because of the ice and slush on the road even though i slid for some time

did you get photos of the tyre treads in the slush/road as that could help but i doubt they can do much without evidance and if no one was hurt it should be sound! :D

nope i was in too much shock from hittin the tree lol... i managed to save my k&n filter and sub, headunit and other stuff from the car tho and they delivered it to my house :)
noone was hurt but we both went to hospital to get checked out... i have priors for racing and a speed awareness course in a week and i need my licence for work so i cant afford to loose it really. did the pictures upload on photobucket ok ?

n627483323_1341731_7017.jpg
[/IMG]
n627483323_1341732_8157.jpg
[/IMG]
n627483323_1341733_8978.jpg

n627483323_1341734_273.jpg
[/IMG]
n627483323_1341745_9677.jpg
[/IMG]

Police = Cash converters

In my mind the coppers are looking for a scapegoat to extract coinage out of and as you unfortunately demolished a wall with a car you must be minted you see ;)

Sue the council for not gritting the road :D

I've had some tussles on Ice some good some bad call it a learning curve wake up moment, you'll be back on the road soon enough (Y)

haha i just booted my door oopen cos it was stuck lol... haha ma mate lmfao at his hat :p
pure comedy ahh well new micra soon woop!!

[/IMG]

anyone got any T-CUT??

:laugh: I've got some Clay bar, good for scratches ;)

Er..hang-on a minute....what about the wall?

nah, on seconds thoughts forget about the wall, I'm sure the bad weather we've been having lately will bring people together and maybe someone will offer to build it for free.......

as i said to my mate who reversed into a lamp post and wrote off his ibiza "fiber glass, body filler, super glue and some touch up pens" it will be sorted :p

ohh i forgot cling film for the windows good as new

but seriousley sorry for your loss to the car glad no one was hurt though

That sounds like exactly how my corsa flew off the road. Glad you are ok though, that's some pretty major damage!

You'd be surprised at the sustained damage from a crash at 30mph in a K11. You only have to look at the N-CAP crash tests to see this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OrEf8CAxWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwuH-N0BeY

indeed...thats why i dont plan on ever crashing mine. iirc a head on at 30mph at youre looking at a chance of loosing your right leg :eek:

so they dont stand up to well...but then they are an older car so not much of a suprise.

micraboy2k, tbh saying "i have priors for racing and a speed awareness course in a week" if i was the copper and that came back, id be suspicious of you being at 30mph aswell...but then thats not to say you werent and its up to them to prove otherwise. :)

i realy hope this doesnt come accross the wrong way but..... losing the fred perry jacket, rockport shoes and baseball cap would stand you in good stead whenever speaking to the police again.

you see, most chavs and boy racers wear a uniform, and you may have come accross this accidentaly, but you are wearing the typical uniform. the only thing more chav would be if you had tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks..

and me squarepants and his mum were in chesterfield on saturday in the snow and we werent hanging about... but we wouldnt have done that much damage due to the twisty nature of the roads... you realy realy must have been going some to bend the back end like that!

and did that guy run into the back of your car before the accident,

nochance of that being a 30mph impact..

Say what you want to try and get out of it mate.. with regards to the police.

You aint gunna convince many people that you were doing much less than 45 though..

nochance of that being a 30mph impact..

Say what you want to try and get out of it mate.. with regards to the police.

You aint gunna convince many people that you were doing much less than 45 though..

no yes i probs wasnt doing 30 but i wasnt really concentratingf on my speed when i was liding towards a tree lol.... i was like you said more likeley doing 40 as i put my foot on the wrong pedal ie. accelerator at the start of the slide to when we hit the tree:S

i realy hope this doesnt come accross the wrong way but..... losing the fred perry jacket, rockport shoes and baseball cap would stand you in good stead whenever speaking to the police again.

you see, most chavs and boy racers wear a uniform, and you may have come accross this accidentaly, but you are wearing the typical uniform. the only thing more chav would be if you had tracksuit bottoms tucked into your socks..
haha im the other one lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DLtrTgecyQ

side impact on micra at 30mph ;)

ooook, ive just never understood the apeal of a baseball cap in the snow? theres no sun to keep off your face?

hey ho...

...thats why i dont plan on ever crashing mine. .....

Solarice! ??? have you been drinking my brass monkey?

nobody plans to.....and that notion is as good as a chocolate fireguard as far as lowering the risk of not having a scrape or worse..

PMSL

I need another brass monkey after that!

Wow thats one spectacular slide! Might i recommend a slide control course, i went on one after my old K11 went sideways into a grass verge and pretty much took off! Damage was minimal but i was determined to learn (and drum into myself) the correct response.
I.e. turn in but NOT LOADS!, little bit of gas, take it from there, before that it was OMG full lock, brake "Oh crap its worse!"
The courses are pretty cheap, you learn loads, and its ace fun!

Woah dude that is totally trashed - you were lucky to get out of that!
Let's hope you get another Micra soon - and learn how to get out of slides! :p

Wow thats one spectacular slide! Might i recommend a slide control course, i went on one after my old K11 went sideways into a grass verge and pretty much took off! Damage was minimal but i was determined to learn (and drum into myself) the correct response.
I.e. turn in but NOT LOADS!, little bit of gas, take it from there, before that it was OMG full lock, brake "Oh crap its worse!"
The courses are pretty cheap, you learn loads, and its ace fun!

yeye sound mate mite do that cos i jus did full lock and it kept snaking down the road and not slowing lol i was s******g my self lol..

Woah dude that is totally trashed - you were lucky to get out of that!
Let's hope you get another Micra soon - and learn how to get out of slides! :p

yep as soon as i get the all clear from the police that theyre not gna charge me with nothing i will get another k11 to make number 3 of the micra family lol.. lets hope all goes well with this one haha 3rd time lucky ;)

i hit ice at 60 and came out with a smashed headlight! was goin downhill round a slight bend and hit the ice tryed to steer, then the car gripped and i went up into the inside of the corner lol. my bumper melted though :D i will try n get some pics up ;)

I think the best advice is, if you're sliding and the car has lost control. Instead of using the accelerator, brakes or steering wheel. The best thing you could is probably stick your head between your legs and kiss your hairy ass good bye. I don't see how you'd be stepping on the accelerator when you wanted to stop. Zzzz.

Don't speed, unless your name is Jeremy Clarkson.

Back