The ICE register

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Text borrowed from the legend that is Benny off Talk Audio

The concept is simple.

You buy a new piece of audio equipment, and it ships out to you. Somewhere on that bit of kit, there is a serial number. You sign up to the ICE Register, and add your vehicle. Then, you can simply add all of the equipment you've got and each one will be given a unique ID number. No serial number? Tag the item with your IR ID number instead!

So, how will this work?

Buyer
Firstly, let's look at the market from a buyer's point of view. They want to make sure that the expensive piece of kit they have seen - be it on eBay, in the Friday Ad, or beign sold by a mate - is genuine. Nobody wants to be responsible for handling stolen goods.

So, our buyer reads the eBay listing, and notices that the seller mentions that the kit is registered with us. He (or she) simply visits our website, signs up for free, then uses the search function to scan our database for the equipment they want to buy. They will then see - very quickly - whether the item is being sold from a genuine seller, or whether it's stolen kit.

Once the sale has gone ahead, the person selling the equipment can transfer that piece of equipment to another ICERegister user - all done in a few clicks!

Seller
So, the temptation to upgrade has finally got to you. You bought the shiny new toy and have decided that your old one will need to go. So, as well as creating an entry in the classifieds section of your favourite car audio forum, you simply sign into the ICE Register with your username and password, locate the item you want to sell, and change it's status from "OK" to "For Sale". That's all you need to do. Now, when anyone performs a search on the equipment you have listed in the classifieds, they'll see the search result come back, telling them that you want to sell the kit. They will then know that you are a genuine seller, and will be able to buy your equipment with confidence. Once the transaction is complete, you can ask them for their ICE Register ID, and simply transfer the kit over to them. It only takes a few seconds!

Thief
Heard a car with an install? Fancy your chances? Not any more, matey!

So you've managed to steal a bunch of equipment from a car, despite it having the ICE Register window stickers on display. Now you've got to sell it on. How about eBay? How about a forum with a classifieds section? Maybe the local Cash Converters, or down the market?

Fine by us - any sensible buyer will ask for a serial number before buying second hand equipment. They will then be able to run this serial number against our database, and within seconds, they'll be able to see that the original owner has flagged the kit as stolen. From there, it's a nice, simple procedure to pass all of your details on to the police.

We will be offering portals into our database, so that searches can be carried out without the need of a computer, and we will be able to generate lists of stolen equipment to provide to the police to help them track down stolen gear. Once you are found, the kit you stole will be matched up to the rightful owner, and we will arrange for it to be returned to them as soon as possible. And you'll get what you deserve.

What does it cost?

There are currently two types of access. A basic account, and an Advanced Member account.

The basic account is just that. It will allow you to register a single vehicle, and add equipment...perform searches, and transfer kit once it's sold. We're not in this to make a huge amount of money - so by providing these functions for free, we hope to get as many people to sign up as possible...the bigger and more comprehensive our database is, the more
effective we will become.

If people choose, they can also become an Advanced Member. This costs just £5 per year - that's less than 50p a month! Advanced members benefit from a number of attractive features, including access to a security forum, free ICE Register window stickers, a free UV marker pen, plus discounts and other offers in the future. Not bad for a fiver

http://www.iceregister.co.uk/

i think that ICE register are trying that however i think we all know that ebay would reject the idea as they would loose too much money from all the listings that wouldn't happen. But this doesn't stop you linking your listing to ice register

Great idea! Signed up to a premium account and added all my stuff, I'll put the serial numbers in when I get home hehe :)

Just looked on the competition page and one of the lucky winners was:

JL TR525CXi 13cm Coaxials
Pete Riste

Our very own Retepetsir!! hehe

Additional: I'm sticking this to the top of the ICE forum. :)

Ah booger. Knew about this months ago but never got round to posting the info!

Great service though :)

Edit: Yes indeedy, I won the 3rd place prize! Havent used them yet though, no time to fit them, argh!!!

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to these peeps? Just logged onto their website and it came up as absolute event solutions. o_O

Did a quick google search to see if they had mebe changed web addresses, and its pointing to the same website listed on here, so figure the event solutions people have only just gotten hold of the website. Any details peeps?

I'm quite annoyed with this actually, I paid for an advanced account, my account never got upgraded and now it seems they don't exist!

ha (not laughing at you) They setup a website so people dont get scammed but then scam other people. Typical internet dealings. And tbh I dont care if its been stolen, i care about the quality. I dont wanna fork out £100 on an amp to find that its crap. (I do not condone stealing! If i find you stealing ill chop your fingers off!)

Ryan.

Im sorry Ryan but what you said its a complete lie in this case, both myself and pete know the people that set this up. Many of the people that register have amps that are worth in the thousands.

Mike

james post dates back to jan/feb. I spoke with Benny at the time and they were in the middle of swapping servers

I couldnt get the link to work :(

It kept on coming up with a screen about being powered by Zen or something. Can someone spread some light on this plz??

I would hazard a guess that it's no longer about any more, considering the last post was in 2007. I'll unstick it and lock this thread :)

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back