Arches - rubbery sealant?

Does anyone know what the rubbery sealant stuff is inside the arches and the underside, and can you buy it in a tin or similar?
Many thanks.

underseal? its like gooey black paint that never dries. u can buy em in tins at diy stores or motorfactors

thanks guys im not sure if that it the stuff, if you look in the arches or underneath there is something covering the metal that been put on from factory like a bumby rubbery matting i will try find a pic. cheers.

thanks guys im not sure if that it the stuff, if you look in the arches or underneath there is something covering the metal that been put on from factory like a bumby rubbery matting i will try find a pic. cheers.
the factories used a spray sealer eh (pipe fed) the ones i used when panelbeating had a cartridge insert, and you could adjust the nozzle from a stonechip finish right down to a worm extruding from the gun :)

Does anyone know what the rubbery sealant stuff is inside the arches and the underside, and can you buy it in a tin or similar?
Many thanks.

If you mean the overall underbody protection then Hammerite Waxoyl 'underbody seal' is the stuff. It's easily available from Halfords either in tin form, (which can be brushed on or used in a large spray gun), or in aerosol cans for smaller applications or people without spray equipment. Be sure to get the underbody seal though and not the rustproofing type.

I use the underbody seal in an air fed spray gun mixed in with say 100mls of white spirit to make it a little less viscous and therefore aid flow. The white spirit evaporates very quickly and leaves a very good finish afterwards.

Seam sealer may be useful to you for finishing/hiding repairs..comes brushable in a tin or a cartridges for finishing joints that you use in a standard silicone/sealer gun.It's what the manufacturers use where they join the cars together.Very strong & rubbery...When applied you can wet your finger to smooth it out or with the canned stuff you can dip the brush in thinners or petrol to smooth.Not too much thinner or it will craze up when it dries..
Underseal products stay sticky,ok for under cars & arches.I prefer stonechip for under carpets & visible areas as it dries hard & can be flatted & painted over if needed.Great for sills,puts a hard rubberry coating under the paint..

Back