anti micra people.

hey all,

just wanted to rant a bit, as i am not in a good mood.

today i was coming home from work in the convertible, had the roof down and it was great, but i got stuck in traffic, and this group of guys just stood by my car shouting at me, calling me a F-ing faggot etc, i didn't even bother to look at them, but i was so annoyed and i couldn't go anywhere cos of the traffic. but they stayed there until i could move off.

anyone had that kind of problem, where people take time out of their day to take the ####?

Well, it is a Micra. It is also a cabriolet. Those 2 are enough of a reason for someone to shout at you and your car, based on stereotypes of course. I am not promoting what they had done, but when one drives a car such as yours, a requirement of thick skin is a must. As the web site suggests, "One underestimates something one cannot understand", which, is very true.

just watch out next time mate cause they might damage your car,sad i know but when i see some dodgy people or 'gangs' i lock the doors lol

Well, it is a Micra. It is also a cabriolet. Those 2 are enough of a reason for someone to shout at you and your car, based on stereotypes of course. I am not promoting what they had done, but when one drives a car such as yours, a requirement of thick skin is a must. As the web site suggests, "One underestimates something one cannot understand", which, is very true.

i know, but it shouldn't have to be like that, i should be able to drive the car i want to drive and that should be good enough for everyone. there are just too many people who can't help themselfs when they see something that isn't normal. it gives me a very low opinion of the human race as a whole.

What those guys did to you, is exactly the same reason why racism exists. My advice is, don't do something that could endanger yourself. You cannot predict what these kind of people will do, should you react to their pompous attitude. Just ignore them and drive on, otherwise you could be facing consequences you won't be able to handle.

i just get "wow.... thats ace" or "do you race that mate?"

ask squarepants. he was there!..lol

lol only because your car looks hammered, looks like you have been off into the gravel trap! :p i find it cool because of this though! it doesnt matter if its in a rough state in my books, aslong as it works ;)

Maybe that's the answer, we should put numbers on all them as according to member numbers - that'd be awesome! :D

number his fleet :D

Its such a lovable car, its like cute little doggy, if you take it for a walk round the park the c##ks will smirk at you until the pretty ladies flock to you :)

Its much like the Figaro, i was trying to explain this to a typical thickie at work the other day, it is impossible to hate, its cute, its retro, its funky, therefore its cool.

Sticking your chest out and driving an audi doesnt make you a man but unfortunately thats what were told, so the vast majority of people in this country who have an iq of less than 70 will go with it.

Driving convertibles will get either abuse or admiring glances and thumbs up, take the rough with the smooth I say. They are just jealous really.

I've driven (and still have it) an X1/9 and I've had various hand gestures for no reason and even had workmen in a truck try to spit in the car while I was sat in traffic (luckily they missed).

My favourite was a Ferrari 308 targa top I had for the weekend when I got married, driving on the motorway having only just picked it up a lorry gets right on my bumper and starts hooting and making w@nker style gestures. My friend and I both raised a hand, released the finger and floored it, damn that thing pulled like a train and disappeared into the distance :grinning:

But driving the micra as my runabout I've not suffered abuse yet (apart from stick from my mates), but I do get treated like a gap in the traffic. I've had skip lorries pull out as though I don't exist, its not as if I drive slow :glare:

I've not really had any bad comments on my car, but most of the good comments i get end with 'for a micra' lol.

What those guys did to you, is exactly the same reason why racism exists. My advice is, don't do something that could endanger yourself. You cannot predict what these kind of people will do, should you react to their pompous attitude. Just ignore them and drive on, otherwise you could be facing consequences you won't be able to handle.

i totally agree, problem is, it seems so wrong to just let it happen, i mean why does racism exist? surely its because people let it? i know that if i jumped out the car and smacked the guys with the handle of my jack, they would go to hospital for a week but i would go to jail for a year (tho judging by current ruleings i would get just a slap on the wrist)

Racism exists because people have nothing else to worry about in their lives; those guys who started #### with you when you were sitting in your car are probably a bunch of homeless cannabis users, on their way home to their #### council estate to beat up their wife and kids. Unfortunately, we have #######s such as these who feel that their idiotic negative opinion needs to be expressed for everybody to hear.

Racism exists because people have nothing else to worry about in their lives; those guys who started #### with you when you were sitting in your car are probably a bunch of homeless cannabis users, on their way home to their #### council estate to beat up their wife and kids. Unfortunately, we have #######s such as these who feel that their idiotic negative opinion needs to be expressed for everybody to hear.

lol actually that sounds about right, i never realised this because i have always had interests but there are alot of people who don't have hobbies and the only thing they have to do in their spare time is to get drunk and violent. i thought everyone had something they were interested in, like cars or art or something but apparently i am in the minority when it comes to having an interest.

so when you look at things like that its not so supprising people have enough free time to go around making people feel bad.

i get stick, off the usual chavs etc, people that dont' see past whats cool to have. my friends, and people that have been in my car love it. they like the mods that i have done, and are always intruiged. someone with a 106 was ripping me, until his car went to the garage, and came away with a £250 bill. someone has driven my car, and prefers it loads to his saxo. also, i have suprised people with how nippy it is, and people with any signs of intelligence see that they are good cars.
when i was first looking into getting a car, a micra wasnt the first choice, but since owning it, and knowing how good they are, it is now.

long live the micra!!!

i'll admit that a micra was the last car i wanted when i was doing my driving lessons, but after driving it for a while i got used to it and i like it. Im fully comp as well so i drive my mate's cars every now and again, and i was absolutely appauled by a corsa b and a rover 200. You do get a lot of stick from driving a micra, even off your friends some times but i dont care as i like them and they are soooo much more reliable/better to drive than an old crappy french car.

Having just read all the posts on "anti micra people" I am so angry!! :mad:

I can't believe people are so small minded. When I showed my friend a pic of the March cabrio I was getting all she could say was "but it's a micra" :rolleyes: When she came out in it last week, she loved it and kept saying how nippy it was. So far I've had no probs, just people pointing at "the cute pink car".

Nex you did the right thing by just taking it...shows you're better than those a***holes!!! grr

I had a pink RVR and for no reason at all I was shouted at by some pik*y girls in an Audi (with little kids in the backseat) calling me all the names under the sun. They then crossed lanes right in front of me and slammed on the brakes at a green light. I had no alternative but to stop. Then the driver got out and came right up to my window saying "you're too old and fat to drive a pink car and who do you think you are?". She then said "if it wasn't for the cameras she would punch my head in!". I was so angry!! It wasn't until someone asked me if I was ok that I realised I could have been beaten up just for driving an unusual car.

So what do I buy?....a Pink March Cabrio! :p

I can't believe people are so small minded. When I showed my friend a pic of the March cabrio I was getting all she could say was "but it's a micra" :rolleyes: When she came out in it last week, she loved it and kept saying how nippy it was. So far I've had no probs, just people pointing at "the cute pink car".

Nex you did the right thing by just taking it...shows you're better than those a***holes!!! grr

I had a pink RVR and for no reason at all I was shouted at by some pik*y girls in an Audi (with little kids in the backseat) calling me all the names under the sun. They then crossed lanes right in front of me and slammed on the brakes at a green light. I had no alternative but to stop. Then the driver got out and came right up to my window saying "you're too old and fat to drive a pink car and who do you think you are?". She then said "if it wasn't for the cameras she would punch my head in!". I was so angry!! It wasn't until someone asked me if I was ok that I realised I could have been beaten up just for driving an unusual car.

OMG!! that is just horrible! i hope their stupid audi bursts into flames! how dare someone be so evil like that! i really can't understand how someone can have so much hatred for someone they don't know who has done nothing wrong to them?

OMG!! that is just horrible! i hope their stupid audi bursts into flames! how dare someone be so evil like that! i really can't understand how someone can have so much hatred for someone they don't know who has done nothing wrong to them?

Some people for some reason think they have a right to behave that way, that is why I always carry protection and don't hesitate to put people in their place.

If anyone tries to make me feel weak on the road I'll turn it right around on them cos as far as I'm concerned I'm insured so have nothing to worry about, they probably aren't.

Everyone seems to direct their anger towards random strangers probably cos they are angry at themselves for the way their f'd up life has turned out.

LOL What The ####? - A mother got out of the car and did that? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, this country is beyond words.

Well where i live its like chav world. As joel who lives near me will tell you, if you dont have a mg zr or a saxo your a ###. As for having a micra there are hundreds in scarborough you can not go on a drive with out seeing at least 5 but they are driving by people who are given a buss pass. So that is where the sterotyping comes from. But when people tell me they have spend 1500 on insurance alone i laugh at them when i know mine was 650 :). And for it being a 1.0 i know for a fact 16v 1.0 will kick any saxo 1.0 or corsa ass. So i just ignore people and think your the prats who have to take the p*ss out of peoples cars when most of the time the people saying this are 12yr old kids smoking on streets who think a corsa "wif a banngin sound system" is the best thing ever. Silly IQ of 12 children who should be shot at birth ;)

who think a corsa "wif a banngin sound system" is the best thing ever.

haha lol, i love people like that (as in love to laugh at!) i have seen people say in txt speak ''WOW, THT CORSA IZ MAZIN M8 LUF THE PHAT ARCHS AND 18INCH RIMZ!....11SPECKERS LUK LYK THE SOUND GD11!!1111!!!111

some crappy 6x9's and 2 1000watt subs :S clever so all the sound comes from the back? and there quilty is crap? and you think its the best install ever as its got 2 1000 watt subs? fwn

haha lol, i love people like that (as in love to laugh at!) i have seen people say in txt speak ''WOW, THT CORSA IZ MAZIN M8 LUF THE PHAT ARCHS AND 18INCH RIMZ!....11SPECKERS LUK LYK THE SOUND GD11!!1111!!!111

some crappy 6x9's and 2 1000watt subs :S clever so all the sound comes from the back? and there quilty is crap? and you think its the best install ever as its got 2 1000 watt subs? fwn

Haha! that is so true then you look through the argos cataloge and see its one from there ! you no thoes ready made bass boxes! "dat bannging #### iz cn av dj rankin boomin out dem beasts" ha

Haha! that is so true then you look through the argos cataloge and see its one from there ! you no thoes ready made bass boxes! "dat bannging #### iz cn av dj rankin boomin out dem beasts" ha

hahaha..DJ rankin is so chav..bit like n-dubz, carnt stand stuff like that :S

but yes its so true lol :)

It anoyes me because i dont mean to sound stuck up and awfull but people like that should not be born! I mean in a few years i will be paying for them to live through benefits and they will be on jeremy kyle aged 17 with 3 kids with 3 diffrent fathers! :mad:

im sorry to hear about that. i had my bro say that i shouldnt get a micra cause there was then saxos etc and he drives a mk5 golf gt TDI and upto 50 or 60 on a national limit road my 1.3 was quicker and he changed his statement about them a bit

None taken, as i agree with you. From experience, Corsas are VERY bad cars.. but i had no choice but to get it. Sadly, you never really know good micras are until you get one!

i must admit, i always said to myself and friends, "i'd never own a micra, its not my style" (not saying they were gay or anything just not my style) i always thought they were slow and wouldnt handle well etc. i previously owned a civic on coilovers and my micra on koni springs handles better ! its got alot more poke then i thought it would and i can now say i was wrong and i actually love modded micra's now, there is many stunning examples on here

Back