• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

93 micra number 2

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
Well this will be my 2nd one. My 1st was a 1.2 auto that I converted to manual, stripped out, slammed and put a bucket seat in. But anyway this is about my new one. Not doing much to this on as its gotta be a reliable daily, thats there when I need it.

When I 1st got it:

S73F1947.jpg

Did a few jobs on it:

replaced the rear sills on both sides
fitted a new rear brake pipe
New backbox
new clutch
service (still got cambelt to do)
Fitted a stereo
fitted my wellers

as it stands atm:
S73F1950.jpg

And when I can be arsed to get the grinder and springs aquainted:
photoshoplwo.jpg

Ill take some pics of my handy work on the sill and ill be upto date with how it is atm.

This looks amazing but I agree with micras69, you need to lower it a tad more like in the photoshop :p

Cheers for the comments lads, as you say it still needs to come down a little, but its pretty close to the already chopped bump stops so will get some coilovers in the future for more slammage. The wheels are 13x5.5 wellers running 155/70/13 tyres.

updates?? this is one of the best micras on the forum. simply coz the way it looks slamed on them rims!!!

erm? I gave it a wash today? lol Not much will be happening with it as its a cheap daily. Though when Im done with it, its gonna have the pre-facelift front end, 7j or 8j wheels and more lowness.

i agree it puts my car to shame :( does look nice though (Y) well done!

Thats because you spent time painting things blue, instead of getting the grinder and your springs well aquainted ;) Though I do like your grille and interior.

Also if anyone has a cheap NOT EEC inlet manifold and exhaust system (inc exh manifold) pm me!

Whats the car handle like with cut springs?? I herd they are ment to be abit on the unsafe side?

Cutting springs is perfectly safe if done properly. It also handles quite well considering. Cutting the springs has increased the stiff-ness, but it tends to bump steer a bit.

Decided to go down a different route with mine compared to everyone else:

Thats another coil off, making it 3 coils all together

and then:

Bull bars ftw! :D

Cheers for the comments guys, and that would be a good idea Mark, but ill be getting something simular to this in the back window :D

ce39f4d4.jpg

Very nice Micra you have there, certainly looks better in Blue with those Wheels.

Though a Big Foot K10 would look rather cool, with that wheel on the Boot, lol.(Y)

Not much of an update as I havnt done anything yet, but polo 6n4 have been ordered! :D

I need to get them fitted for the retro rides gathering in 1 week! And ive gotta wait for them to get here 1st!

good update today! :D COILOVERS FTW!!!! ;D

ooo shiney:
4a926c7c.jpg

Stripped down:
0aad7f04.jpg

Drilled:
c220e7cc.jpg

Drilled:
e0138915.jpg

Built up:
641a9383.jpg

This is far from perfect, but with a day to go, I didnt have time to find someone with a lathe who would be able to machine the top cups down for me:
0e6352c8.jpg

Fitted:
81bef197.jpg

ah....
3835baab.jpg

thats better :D
e7cb988d.jpg

Loving the strech with 165/55's instead of the original 175/50's (half price too! ;D)
aec35583.jpg

I think I'm gonna bring the front down a bit more in the morning, unless the springs will settle anymore.

(why isnt there an edit post button?)

But even if the plastic washer does collapes, its only gonna make the steering a bit stiff and grindy, nothing is gonna fall off lol

the topmount problem will probably just make the steering stiff, but the weakened mounting hole looks potentially lethal to me :eek:
attachment.php

Attachments

• co.jpg
    co.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,867
(there is when using tapatalk ;p)

Cool I was thinking of copying you, (silly question the top cup is the rusty part on the pic)

the topmount problem will probably just make the steering stiff, but the weakened mounting hole looks potentially lethal to me :eek:
attachment.php

It will be weaker than original, but I didnt have a grinder to hand, otherwise I would of welded up the original hole, but Im sure that it will be fine. We'll find out this weekend as ive got a 500mile round trip with some track time inbetween :D

(there is when using tapatalk ;p)

Cool I was thinking of copying you, (silly question the top cup is the rusty part on the pic)

The top cup is the shiney bit, the bit that the spring sits into. the rusty bit is the top mount.

well, got back from the retro rides gathering and the coilovers have lasted! :D I ended up dropping the front more at the campsite, which means its now back on the bumpstops at the front, and the bottom arm mounts cant be more than 2inch off the floor. The car also got a good thrash around the track too! :D so 480miles, including 2 track sessions, and no problems with the coilovers :grinning:

Back