'93 K11 Heater Blower Noise

Hi Guys 'n' Gals,

I've recently bought my little green Micra and as I work my way through fixing all the wear and tear of 23 years I've had the old problem of the heater blower only working at 4 which was quickly fixed with a new resistor.
However, since fixing the blower I've now discovered another little glitch that I can't quite work out. When I start up all is fine for the first few minutes and then there is a rhythmical squeaking noise coming from the heater blower/fan/motor area. This happens on all fan speeds, but doesn't seem to change speed itself, and disappears when I turn the blower off so it has to be that.
All that being said, can any of you point me in the direction of the most likely suspects? If needs be I can replace the motor or fan but it there's anything I can do or anywhere I can squirt a little WD40 to make the noise go away that would be groovy!

Al

my fan does it in the cold on me corsa, its the bearing in the fan motor, never sprayed any thing at mine, another decent fan motor will cure it.

Back