• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1986 k10 1/2

have been told that I should put a blog on about my little k10,
314629_10150297369372096_1168732410_n.jpg

this is when I first picked the ol' girl up.
I didn't get the wheels with the sale as for some reason they were valued at 300 quid for Weller's with bald Tyre's. so they were put on steelies

car had tax and test and had to go to Brighton to pick her up
nice and clean example of a car that had been well looked after with, "no expense paid" ill explain more about that later

so I hadn't passed my test at the time so she just sat on the drive for a month

when I finally passed my test she was a 'brilliant car' - biased 18 year olds opinion on their first car
wink.gif

so a month went and a few things were in need of some tender loving care
the exhaust needed welding up and I caught the mid box when loading onto the trailer. Dez then removed the box and put some piping across to replace it, then I had the generals done, service and a cam belt change.

and now this is the more expensive and annoying bit, the previous owner had cut the springs by only 2 coils and standard mahoosive micra springs and instead of getting them to fit properly he just drilled out another hole on the top mount which then meant my car was, well lets say dangerous. £80 quid later for a pair of top mounts and she was alot safer!
also found out the camber bolts weren't camber bolts. they were a smaller bolt
shocked.gif

I didn't really do alot on the micra for a while, swapped my Ats classics for alot of work from dez (which is appreciated and also got some polo steelies on, which were professionally painted with metal paint and a brush)
had Yoko's on them which made the car a bit more grippy but still left me feeling see sick and couldn't work out why the Tyre's didn't last long, not the best thing to be driving round town with blown out Tyre's.
302615_10150350479097096_697827095_8753944_2014061399_n.jpg

I decided I now wanted a nice exhaust system made up as my mate had a 2" inch stainless steel exhaust with cherry bomb on his chevette (made by dez) which sounded the dogs dangles.
And jealousy kicked in so I too had dez work his wonders
it now is fitted with a 1 1/2 inch exhaust straight through just with back box and 2 inch pipe welded on, looks really nice and subtle - in my opinion and to be honest did sound good, for a 988cc engine.
430099_10150537555947096_2064549595_n-1.jpg
313802_10150307419647096_1042697603_n.jpg
done a few other things as well whilst bored, was ment to help my mate on his fiesta for a day but got let down so decided to lower the car more and cut the springs, which was a good idea at the time but then the exhaust sat on the floor! so that was professionally held together, with a bit of metal strip and a few bolts
smiley.gif
also changed the front and rear number plate as the back fell off and didnt like the look of the front one so went for a square one
402523_10150433655242096_70751361_n.jpg
had to go back to the standard steel wheels as I really didnt want to keep replacing the yokos every other month - lack of money was the key factor
rolleyes.gif
556613_10150605541672096_1154784258_n.jpg
so a bit more on the Micra project
I blew up the gearbox a few months back
cry.gif
so I replaced it which was a bi**h to source, drove it for a few miles and thought to myself it needs more power!
so on the net I surfed for a month or so and thought what if I put a cg13 engine and ran it on the full ecu and ignition.
be something different as the only ones ive seen have been ran on bike carbs
so I had a look on the net and flea bay and stumbled across alot bargain
grin.gif
k11.png
a little super s that hadn't been listed very well.
but in a low bid just to see if anyone else had seen this as well and ended up winning it for a silly amount.
so the next journey was picking her up and when we finally got through the center of london on the same day as the chelsea celebrations
angry.gif
3 hours later and she was on the trailor.
the woman that I got this off had this for 15 years and only averaged a few thousand a year, she had a whole new distributor system fitted ht leads sparks (the full monty) only 500 miles ago so I was slightly pleased
wink.gif
got her home and drove her for a day to make sure everything was working as it should and tried out the almighty 75 horses which all seemed to be there with only a few 3 legged or shot.
so the next plan was to by some little goodies, the first was 600 bike carbs I know I'm contradicting myself but this was just a fall back incase we couldnt get the ignition and ecu working.
then some coilovers for the k10 (6n ones) .
the general idea was to use everything from underneath the front of the k11 front half and put it into the k10. took a day or so to get everything taken out of the super s as we were being fussy and labeling everything and ensuring we didnt break anything in the process.
learnt this the hard way when we had to change the v6 in the drift omega and couldnt remember where half the bloody things were and where they went which took alot more time.

Right so another update as i forgot i even put this blog up!
i've noticed alot more people are now doing the conversion and people have different ways of doing different things

so i will take pictures of the engine bay later so they can see how i made the mounts and a few other bits and bobs
unfortunately my ecu failed last month! and i couldn't source another one so i am now running on bike carbs!
before that mishap though the car was an absolute dream to drive, economical, quick, comfortable, and a brilliant sleeper
the coilovers were set up a little bit too low however. as the car kept just sitting on the little sleeping police men
i have also rolled the arches to allow enough clearance for the banded steels :)

so pictures later if anyone needs a hand or a bit of advice for the conversion dont hesitate to get hold of me :D

(real names george btw)

I am wanting to do this my self. How did you fuel the carbs? How are your ignition and charging systems set up? Don't suppose you made a Jig for the engine mount? lol. I love this car by the way, its looking sweet as. Good work.

I am wanting to do this my self. How did you fuel the carbs? How are your ignition and charging systems set up? Don't suppose you made a Jig for the engine mount? lol. I love this car by the way, its looking sweet as. Good work.
fuelling for the carbs i put the k11 fuel pump and dropped it in the k10 fuel tank.
for the engine mounts i drilled out the spot welds on the original mount moved it to where it should be and welded it
thanks for loving my car need to get some pictures of her to be honest

it most certainly does! takes abit of patience bit of a jiggle and bobs your uncle
linked it all up extended fuel hoses and electrics so i can still use the float barrel and it works
so you then have the correct fuel pressure for the engine :D

31ff74421b488f8d2abc2dae59fffa14.jpg

one of the micra just before the conversion jump starting the almighty drift omega ;)

d8344fa766faa64165654f34fe72f1c7.jpg

banded lupo steels had them sand blasted then rattled them not a very good picture though
purchased some nangkang 165/65/13 to squueze on as well and give a small stretch *winning*
banded are 7 wide

c622a345b189fe6e014e529481336a33.jpg

parked up to a nice little lada at the yard :)

165caf55f71f09cda8e4fe12db3a57f8.jpg

another pucture with the shuvit this time has banded steels and 2 inch straight through exhaust with cherry bomb... sounds sweeeet

946de833b44ae1c25f98b18dfc1c7934.jpg
618ae62ac29a0dc11e62f16123913448.jpg

pics are in the reverse order but let me know what u think :D

it most certainly does! takes abit of patience bit of a jiggle and bobs your uncle
linked it all up extended fuel hoses and electrics so i can still use the float barrel and it works
so you then have the correct fuel pressure for the engine :D

You got pics, also any tips on how to fit ths to k10 tank? Things I should look out for?

Havent been on here for ages!

i took the car down the the tuners to get the carbs jetted so that it would run of choke etc and just sort out the problems
first problem i had straight away was the car and its lows. totally forgot to raise it and they looked abit shocked to see a micra with an inch clearance the whole way round camber etc
they couldnt even get it on there rollers! so jack car up play with coilovers for 40 mins, severe wankers cramp and she was back to a 'sensible' height
then they managed to get the car fired up but there was an issue the manifold i had made was a dog, i was unaware at the time but it had several holes and was pointless even considering jetting
so back to the workshop had to sort out all the welds. got it braised all up flat plated so its bang on now i havent touched the car for 5 months or so picked it up with the fork lift and parked it on 6/700 quids worth of building materials, so its been a security system.
yesterday i refitted the carbs and now going to mess around with the regulator to get her running again
changed to fuel pump in the end put an electric fuel pump out of tank and bought a regulator to get the fueling to 1.9
now the fun begins
will upload some pictures later maybe a vid if can get her started

Back