• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

93 micra number 2

Nice to see it in the flesh ryan, it looks the business.

cheers matey! unfortunatly I didnt get to see you or your micra (i didnt get much of a look around the show tbh) was too caught up in the track action :laugh:

e06414f5.jpg

696a0f83.jpg

well update time and now my efforts have turned to the engine. But 1st:

I started today off with getting the car up in the air as I was getting bored of the exhaust scraping everywhere. And well, that and a few other things have taken I liking to the tarmac:

Gearbox
374d8860.jpg

Sump
8c949629.jpg

Bottom arm mounts
0b8ad4cf.jpg

Exhaust
6c715676.jpg

After looking at it, to raise it up I'm gonna have to chop and shorten the downpipe, but I havnt got a working grinder atm so that went out the window. I got my new sidelight covers from donttellhimpike ( cheers mate! :D) so fitted them:

0696ecec.jpg

Then went on to stripping the 1litre engine I had ready for its new head:

Bloody clean in there to say it was from a D reg!
7d903a76.jpg

That isnt though, new water pump time:
8e2c49ee.jpg

Got the head of too find this:
231a18d7.jpg

Its like bloody new still!
f32c2af8.jpg

Pistons out of the block:
2db29f7b.jpg

nice clean crank:
0bdf5d26.jpg

Crank shells in bloody good cond
2e4ca72f.jpg

and the car its going in
84134851.jpg

Ill be building it back up with a new water pump and belt tomorrow and will take pics

What colour is it on your car now? because in some pictures it nearly looks like a matt colour!

also are your coilovers just cheap polo 6n ones off ebay? was there any other mods needed to fit coilovers and looks like you have pulled the lip out on the arches aswell?

What colour is it on your car now? because in some pictures it nearly looks like a matt colour!

also are your coilovers just cheap polo 6n ones off ebay? was there any other mods needed to fit coilovers and looks like you have pulled the lip out on the arches aswell?

Quite a bit of work has gone into the arches to make the wheels fit, cut and welded the inner arch higher up and gave the outers a good bashing and rolling.

some more update though :D

Finally got around to making the rear arches a bit more presentable, a mate came around and bashed them into a bit of shape and I gave it a skim of filler.

Before:
aec35583.jpg

(thats before I gave them a bit more bashing :p

c1bc7986.jpg

4607a0d6.jpg

4b813b12.jpg

had an epic weekend at a52 and the micra finally got some new front brakes. But that was a job and a half. The brakes I brought down were for a k11 not a k10 ::) But Steve (sleeperviva) was an absolute legend and manages to track me some down in bristol! score!

So after a ride in his ford twink powered viva (which was awsome) I got some new front brakes. But after fitting them it turned out that the chamfer on the centre of the disc was too small and the disc wasnt sitting on the hub properly. I didnt take any pics but I ended up knocking the studs out, starting it up in gear and grinding the lip off the hubs ;D

cd8adc64.jpg

bcfc698b.jpg

b4c6acd5.jpg

b4bf2737.jpg

8af72851.jpg

The brake mank cleaned off the wheels well :D
69b9c858.jpg

Upon having the car in the air I noticed that the sump had aquired some fresh stratches and a rather deep dent of about 1cm :p I think i was very very lucky that the sump didnt hole!

d857286b.jpg

It also ####ed on of my top cups so that had some mega thick washers welded on:
c5da6ab6.jpg

297fa4b8.jpg

6c4ed0d0.jpg

also got around to fitting the subway handle thomas gave me at the gathering, cheers mate :D
c732e6d9.jpg

Also tried a 15inch bmw (bbs?) wheel, looked the ########, but I couldnt turn lol
afa88b69.jpg

and a leaving shot:
1563e36f.jpg

Nice stuff mate, Im #1 fan of your car. Make sure that the arches aren't sharp or the MOT man will have ya for that. Brakes looked very ####ed tbh and where did you bosozoku exhaust went?

Nice stuff mate, Im #1 fan of your car. Make sure that the arches aren't sharp or the MOT man will have ya for that. Brakes looked very ####ed tbh and where did you bosozoku exhaust went?

Cheer matey :D The boso exhaust uses a straight through back box and the loudness (only got a precat and no internals in the centre box) was annoying so this has gone on. but the boso pipes will be back but bigger and better :p

Well, I ended up spending some money again! but in my deffence, they were cheap ;D
97ae7275.jpg

4a6ae3f1.jpg

be5c8db8.jpg

96d5b424.jpg

2e45d35f.jpg

fc37663d.jpg

71b13fd5.jpg

Got dish? :D they're 13 x 7 et-7 Just waiting for my wheel nuts to turn up and then roll the arches some more! lol

Also finally started on the carbs! Gonna take it to work and use the chopsaw to cut slits into the pipes so I can curve the carbs upwards, then weld it there (free useage ftw :D)

2e2a8934.jpg

4dd7980a.jpg

And a bit of trailer fun too ;D
7e74da4b.jpg

3e3fbccc.jpg

2aa22544.jpg

Hey does that mean you could "under" cut trailers on the motorway? lol
Wheels look awesome but how cheap was cheap?! would love dish like that! (Y)
And yes this is Number 1 K10 on the site... (Y)

Hey does that mean you could "under" cut trailers on the motorway? lol
Wheels look awesome but how cheap was cheap?! would love dish like that! (Y)
And yes this is Number 1 K10 on the site... (Y)

Including fuel to collect them and the m6 toll, they came to just under £300 :laugh:

jizzed my pants when i saw you rims... nice!!!!

Thanks :D I wasnt too sure when I picked them up, but once on the car I fell in love and went and ordered the wheel nuts :D

hey mate, looking awesome. they are the one from C0llis0n right? are you gonna be running wobble nuts? if so where did you get them from mate? i found some on ebay but they are around 60 quid and that's something im not willing to pay. cheers

hey mate, looking awesome. they are the one from C0llis0n right? are you gonna be running wobble nuts? if so where did you get them from mate? i found some on ebay but they are around 60 quid and that's something im not willing to pay. cheers

I havnt got wobble nuts, and revo's use a special wheel nut and I havnt seen any wobble revo nuts. Gonna try them and if there isnt enough play in the wheel hole nuts (only gotta find 1.6mm play from 2 opposite wheel nuts) and if not then Ill get the holes machined out slightly.

less than 300!!! :down:
looks awesome. (Y)

only just lol, came to about £290. but if the tyres were mint, there would be £280's worth of tyre too.

wow!!! been so long since I last updated!!! But to be honest, Other than fixing the head gasket ages back I've neglected it! Been concentrating on the sierra and this has sat on the drive. Runs out of test at the end of the month too.

But anyway, decided to pull my finger out of my
2005o2q.jpg
and get it sorted. The paint on it is was needs most attention. The underside of the sills was thin. The rear arches had been pulled after being painted. The paint has started to crack and come off around the rear window and door shuts and a dent in the bonnet where the paints lifted too.

2e48a4a5.jpg

15bbc418.jpg

02805fc0.jpg

1c0ac306.jpg

2e48a4a5.jpg

2fb2bd1b.jpg

The problem with the paint is that I've got a tin of it which needs to go in a spray gun. Ive got a little compressor and a spray gun which will probably do an ok job. its just where the car is. Over spray would go everywhere and probably onto my neighbors house and car. So for now ive decided to brush paint things. This worked well on the n/s sill but when it came to the o/s/r arch, you could tell it a mile off. Ill probably end up buying a gazebo or something and going over these bits with the gun at a later date.

0cce2d9a.jpg

As well as doing the paint work so far I removed the interior and steamed the carpet which then stayed out for months until yesterday when I started to refit the interior.
ee604f3e.jpg

998acc59.jpg

5c62b7e7.jpg

Just back left to do now. But from now on, every minute I get I'm gonna try and work on it. Ive got a pretty big list! haha

93fc5c68.jpg

I really need to sell this car so I can pay some bills off and get a cheap saab engine donor for the sierra and the insurance company wanting £800+ to insure it. But taking it around the block to un-sieze the brakes, 8.5k rpm through bike carbs is amazing, it handles like a little gokart, especially after getting used to the sierra's understeery-ness and boat-ness.

glad to see your back mate. keep up the good work (Y) my insurance company want £1400 to insure mine grr im gonna shop about when mines done.

haha ive no idea mabey just the area i live or something but i class it as garaged its doing my head in cause i can insure a sunny gti for less than a grand i don't know how they work their prices out :suspect: yeah ill give sky a shot. (Y)

About time I updated this thread!

Well when I was away the sierra got nicked so had to press the micra into service. Unsiezed the caliper sliders, fixed a fuel leak on the carbs and fitted some new front brake pads and off to test she went. 11months after she was last on the road. Just before standing her up she had new front bottom arms, so flew through the MOT with no advisories, also only 900ppm on the hydrocarbons. Not bad to say i drilled the jets out in the carbs and threw them on.

Feeling a bit down from the sierra (just fitted £900's worth of suspension to it, and £120's worth of timing chain parts) I had to spend a bit on the micra :D So picked up a set of HID's

383237_294499413913950_100000616824882_977487_1715794730_n.jpg

Also got some fender mirrors and waiting on a pair of wind deflectors.

Depending on the weather tomorrow, either gonna fit the fender mirrors, start preping the body for a respray or clean up the engine bay lol

sorry to hear about the sierra mate just jealous yob's makes me sick. glad to see you still have inspiration for the micra mate (Y).

sorry to hear about the sierra mate just jealous yob's makes me sick. glad to see you still have inspiration for the micra mate (Y).

haha it is kind of funny. When I got my 1st sierra the micra got dumped on the drive and ignored, now that im using it, and need it for a daily. My mojo has shot up and I want to do all manner of things to it which would take it off the road for more than a day LOL

Shame about the theft, but good that you bumped this thread...because i some how missed those vids when you originally posted them. Sounds awesome, looking sweet aswell. :D

Awesome that your back, rubbish circumstances though.

I lurk a bit on RR and noticed you mention you might break the k10, I almost PM'd you straight away to beg for the coilovers!

Glad your working on your car again, it's a massive inspiration :)

Back