• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Well not alot going on with this recently. Car has been resprayed where the cracked arch was, stiffer shocks have been fitted, ive replaced the spare wheel with tyreweld so im gonna foam up the well and make it into a compartment for the jack/tools etc. Ive got 4 winter tyres on the way which ive bought a set of extra wheels for. Probably looking to buy a spare 1.3 to swap over to build the engine up that way im 1 big step closer

And theres a few things im unsure about i.e. The fuel pump ive got is what polly had but i think i read its too big so i need the walbro one from rallynuts??

And is a 200sx MAF a must? Even for anyone remapping my car?

I was planning on filling the wheel well aswell to use for emergency tools, but tbh ive got them (the very few i carry) wrapped up just loose as there isnt any noise and they seem to hardly move about. Only issue is anything heavy in the boot and the board that covers the wheel sags (could be easily sorted, just not bothered)...which i guess might be a problem for you with all the stuff you need to fit in :)

Maf im still running the stock 1.3 one, its possible it starts to freak out very high up the rev range (looking nearly at limiter -- which i rarely go anywhere near now).

The fuel pump i think was the filter that was too big, but i'll let those that know comment :D ive got a walbro in mine they're really skinny in comparision so more fiddly to make it stay put. Different cars have different shaped / sized filters in the walbro kits while (as far as i know) keeping the same pump...so you can try and match how you like.

Cheers kris, ill only have a double pram in the boot soon as nothing else will fit :laugh: remove the wheel is for weight saving once the cars fully loaded. Might have to end up getting 175's for the rear if it begine to scrub again.

Pepper im hoping ed will do it, if not im looking to find a place in scotland that knows what there doing

Haha you shouldnt have any probs for the most part as the pram will bridge the gap :D weight saving was my main reason for chucking the spare wheel...well that and it wouldnt stay inflated anyway.

Hopefully you can get it mapped without to much hassle.

Made a start on my foam wheel well.

Cling filmed to keep it off the car
efc0d945.jpg

First can of expanding foam
ff452631.jpg

3rd can of foam
859e51a3.jpg

Thats all for now. Will begin to shape it over the weekend

i would of thought putting a bit of wood over the top with a hole in it would of been better as it would of saved you some time making it flush?

looks like you have either a brain in the boot or a tonne of ice cream! :p

A hole in the wood to lift it up? Just wait and youll see what im doing :)
nah i meant,
clingfilm the bottom etc.
place wood with hole across the top of the wheel well...
fill the well with foam through the hole.

Then you would be left with a flat(ish) top surface.

It wouldnt set if you do it that way. The top was set but the bottom wasnt. So i had to take it out and peel off the cling film and leave it to set in my shed. Now that ive cut it in half it wasnt set there either so its doing that now and ill need to fill in a few bits where its sagged.

I thought it would be easy but its getting worse lol i hope it goes to plan in the end

Im thinking of bolting the bottom section of the foam down to where the spare wheel used to bolt in

Well i bought a spare engine yesterday for £20 with mileage of 38000. turned out to have a closed deck block which is a bonus! So tonight me and glen stripped it and its rebuilt now with a march head done about 2000 miles. Engines in good condition so cant wait to get this one going!!

4ff0395c.jpg

07215cd9.jpg

Well spent half an hour shaping my tyre well foam. Just got the lid to do from the other half and might spray it black once finished :)

dbb1391c.jpg

Also got my winter wheels and tyres sorted out, just got to spray them black or white too

22446c54.jpg

good going.
them sr alloys always look good standard silver,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waiting for MORE

not alot been going on here. looking as if it will be next year that im boosted. thought of selling up but that would just be stupid haha!! my fuel rails at an engineering company who ive asked to make a jig up for it to be welded so it doesnt distort with the heat. ive still to buy a walbro fuel pump and put my turbo together etc. will do small bits and bobs over the coming months as my daughters due in february so weve gotta re-arrange our bedrooms and ive gotta pay for christmas and so on!

and this is my only recent progress LOL tyre paint! :laugh:

5a2a65f5.jpg

Cheers guys, sr alloys are winter only, i dont like how far they sit in the arch :( The shovel would have been needed last year so is a must just incase. anywho heres what i got today!

14b11fcc.jpg

Aye a mate built up an engine as a #### about and got the inlet polished so i took it off his hands as its sat for a good while

Well thats my front shocks fitted. On as soft a setting as possible to make it comfy over winter :)
with thanks to glen for use of garage at such a cold time of the year :)

122df47e.jpg

Nah i didnt say i was selling them hence me fitting them lol

On a lighter note i got my new wheel bearing/hub (£84) and fitted in it 10 minutes :)

e131bb12.jpg

Nothing to report penyo, my daughter (2nd child) is due in 2 weeks but any time really so once ive dealt with her and mot'd the car next month i can start to crack on with the turbo build :) only giving up if i desperately need the money which i never normally do. Actually ive gotta have the cracked arch resprayed again and the arches cut back first to let my wheels clear on unexpected bumps in the road grr

Last pic taken on its winter rubber

3a2183ee.jpg

New Pirelli P6000 175/50 r14 (£101 each fitted!) only got 2 for the rear wheels to try to cut out the arch hitting, so far so good!

d7279778.jpg

772d6630.jpg

Wheels powdercoated :D (only £90)

ee4fbdb5.jpg

My turbo kit finally put together and all the arsing about complete

6cc0c0f2.jpg

Car Cleaned

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0112.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

MOT Preparation

Old Rusty Crossmember

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

New Crossmember

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

Also Found Some Other Holes On Inner Sill

HoleSill.jpg

New Piece Welded In

HoleRepair.jpg

Why they didnt replaced the rusted bits when car was painted? :eek:

they done the outer sills but not inner, dont think it would have been noticeable either as it was just showing and what you see was once it was ground back :) and i never got the full body sprayed just the panels.

Back