• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Thanks, Stani, but mine are with plastic lenses... not glass , that's why I'm worried :down:
Even the "new" one I got to replace the old, are the same. And they will crack and get hazy at some stage...

I wish mate, end of july start of august. I get my headgaskets/filters/fluids/belts from nissan on monday. Ive gotta get the back of the manifold flange skimmed flat. I need to weld the fuel rail and fit the gts-t fuel pump. Gotta get in touch with ed to see how much more i need as im wanting him to remap it when i go to salisbury for 5-7 days :D

let me know when youll be at eds mate and ill pop down to see you! its only 15ish mins away

Had a few hours tonight on the car made the jap lights into twin reverse and fitted a fog on the parcel shelf :)

bea25087.jpg

b399630f.jpg

3f06dd72.jpg

544d652f.jpg

cc141259.jpg

There brighter in the pictures, just normal in person :) was gonna hang it off the bumper at the bottom but it just didnt look right and is too low for regulations i think

I was going to do that but im risking a super-s bumper for the same effect. Then i couldnt make my mind up where to insert it so im glad its out of sight and its neatly fitted :D

Well as long as you've got the look you wanted, that's all that matters (Y). Now I'm looking forward to this turbo conversion being finished :grinning:

so am i!!!! this is the longest its ever taken me purely down to having a family equalling less money/time. i hate how slow the my micra is right now, a bit of boost always helps :grinning::laugh:

But yours is a 1.3 right? They're not slow by any means, faster than my 1.0 :p. But a bit of boost never hurt anyone, of course (Y)

aye 1.3 with frankspeed mani, janspeed front pipe and sports cat and cat back. just nothing compared to my lexus/almera :glare:

Yeah, but a Lexus (if it's the IS200 or similar) has nearly twice the engine capacity, so of course it's quicker. And they are rapid. I'm even tempted to get one next year, or maybe even a sleeper IS400 so I can have a V8 :grinning:

But boosted Micras are ridiculously quick though - much better power to weight ratio, and good torque figures for the size of the car (Y)

Stani, what about a third brake light/the one that sits in the middle bottom part of the rear window. You could convert it to a fog light too...

I removed it pepo, have never liked that brake light but that would have been easier

Ah, OK... when you get a chance would you post some day time pictures of the fog lamp. With my rear flyeyed lamps you can see very little in the night if you drive behind me. When foggy... gets worse :) I'm thinking of adding a fog under the bumper. Today I fitted my rear splitter and may well go just behind it (Y)

Pepo the pictures have been added above :) heres some of the bits ive been collecting

Oil, filters etc
bb980d78.jpg

Boost gauge
aa12032c.jpg

Heatwrap for intercooler pipes
342f6120.jpg

runnin some negative boost atm eh stani lol :) i had one in bluey and it read about minus 3/4 bar on lift and about minus 1/4 bar @ cruise iirc

Aye not piped in yet though just trying to save the odd half hour here and there for the big day! Im sure ive got everything apart from the remap money or a reply from Ed. Both of which i hope to have soon

With having to rotate the inlet and exhaust housings on my turbo the mountings for the actuator were 180 degrees away so had to make a new bracket which will bolt into the existing holes and allow the actuator to be bolted in the correct place :) also picked up some braided fuel pipe and end finishers

f2711ae6.jpg

91d4459c.jpg

38db037a.jpg

8218a297.jpg

bd5b384e.jpg

6ced8679.jpg

Turbo build delayed AGAIN!! Since ive fitted my frankspeed wheels and chunky tyres the offside rear wheel has rubbed the arch over bumps and cornering which has caused the paint to crack!!! Ive fitted an adjustable panhard rod now which has helped and bought spax adjustable rear shocks to help further. The car is booked in to be repaired on the 23rd of this month, also getting a dint on the boot popped out as it appeared after a respray. Gutted that ive had to spend another £400!! Anywho its time will come eventually :eek:

30dc8598.jpg

728db792.jpg

aa92fb6f.jpg

Aye im gutted like, that arch is a newly made one aswell. I reckon if it wasnt then the inner arch lip would have bent round easier and not caused a crack so in a way i know its solid. Ive also got my manifold back after it was skimmed flat and a new crossmember :D

nice i need a new cross member too! but i cant be bothered with it although my boss sid i can do it! but i may kill a few birds with one stone on that job!

but thats a shame about the arch man i had the same fear when my massive tires rubber a bit like 2 days after i had it painted!

but i had already rolled my arches so i guess its stronger!

Thats life eh?! Bodywork always come first so thats why ive not just left it, me and big mike (mikey) are gonna do the crossmember. The only hard part is removing the old one.

Turbo time will come in time. Hopefully give the msc a turbo micra it will always remember :)

Nice to see the rod on the car! Did it arrive in time? I had to get my mum to post it as i had to leave for mongolia. Keep up the good work bro, looking good:)

Well not alot going on with this recently. Car has been resprayed where the cracked arch was, stiffer shocks have been fitted, ive replaced the spare wheel with tyreweld so im gonna foam up the well and make it into a compartment for the jack/tools etc. Ive got 4 winter tyres on the way which ive bought a set of extra wheels for. Probably looking to buy a spare 1.3 to swap over to build the engine up that way im big 1 step closer

And theres a few things im unsure about i.e. The fuel pump ive got is what polly had but i think i read its too big so i jeed the walbro one from rallynuts??

And is a 200sx MAF a must? Even for anyone remapping my car?

Back