• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Cars is now gone for a respray. Stripped it last night

94fd51cf.jpg

ec7c0dcb.jpg

4054829f.jpg

fef895e5.jpg

Nah just white again. A few parts had been touched up before i bought the car and to me they stood out. Also rust bubbles on front 2 arches done my head in lol cant wait to get it back!

Thanks for the comments, pepo the lights are next on my list along with my full janspeed/frankspeed mani.

Scouse it was £998.40 with me saving money stripping it and rebuilding. Also have to include the £245 for the new front wings too

Full system now fitted. Doesnt fit quite right though :( had to cable tie the rear exhaust mount and jam part of the rubber inbetween the tailpipe and bumper to stop it from melting

3ba0a9b0.jpg

98147008.jpg

71aa0ab3.jpg

cc50a856.jpg

2a72a62a.jpg

Had a sneaky 30 mins during work to mess about with my RB25 fuel rail. Another 30 mins will see it finished ready for welding :)

10dc3cbf.jpg

Epic, Epic thread Stani, the work going into this is top quality, want to give me a loan to finish the st?:wasntme:

Epic, Epic thread Stani, the work going into this is top quality, want to give me a loan to finish the st?:wasntme:

Ha cheers baz, im actually running low on cash myself lol what your next plans anywho?

Im awaiting a few flanges then i can take off the head-cat system and bolt on turbo bits to fabricate the last part of my exhaust before it can be turbo'd.

Ha cheers baz, im actually running low on cash myself lol what your next plans anywho?

Im awaiting a few flanges then i can take off the head-cat system and bolt on turbo bits to fabricate the last part of my exhaust before it can be turbo'd.

Great so your nearly there!(Y)

Seems to be alot easier to get stuff welded in the uk compared to Ireland.

Ah I have a lot to do, its still driving grand but I could really do with refresh on the engine, set of rings and valve stem seals and also send the turbo off to turbo technics to get reconed aswell and then maybe some more power

Great so your nearly there!(Y)

Seems to be alot easier to get stuff welded in the uk compared to Ireland.

Ah I have a lot to do, its still driving grand but I could really do with refresh on the engine, set of rings and valve stem seals and also send the turbo off to turbo technics to get reconed aswell and then maybe some more power

more power ftw!

Baz more power is always needed lol lool forward to see-ing it

Finished my fuel rail tonight and i must say im very happy with it :D

dfebb0da.jpg

I turned the injectors 180 degrees to allow more TB clearance i hope. Couldnt find a spare to test it lol also fitted the FPR fitting and added some nice torx screws :) will hand it into the welders once ive made the last part of my exhaust

Nah frank the spacings are 95mm centres, there will be a weld inbetween each injectors and brackets are to be welded on also. Look closely you can see where the joins are

Nah frank the spacings are 95mm centres, there will be a weld inbetween each injectors and brackets are to be welded on also. Look closely you can see where the joins are

topfeed CGA ones are an option eh stani, correct spacing and bracket position, but it hits the idle control valve bigtime :eek: (removal of i/c/v or GA16 or SR t/b needed)

Attachments

• SDC12136.JPG
    SDC12136.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 870
I had the cga setup before and it was a pain. I had the inlet, rail, TB, loom and volvo t5 injectors. Want to try new things this time :D Once its been welded it should be plug/play

Yeah, the rail metal is a right pain to weld! Possible though. Looks like youv done a smart job of the cutting there mate. Should be good once done.

1000 quid on a respray!!!

cant help thinking this could of gone on performance modifications, like getting a firm to make the fuel rail, or an lsd for the gearbox,or forged internals so it can take more than 163bhp if needed, surely you must agree mike, micra shells can be picked up for ten a penny, and you probs could of bought a mint white Si for half the price, not having a rant or anything, its not my money, but if it was,well........ STILL,it does look nice, top effort on the build, keep it up buddy(Y)

£1000 is cheap for a respray (and a decent one by the looks of it) I can get a full respray done for about £500-600...aint a good job though

Awesome progress so far Stani :D

1000 quid on a respray!!!

cant help thinking this could of gone on performance modifications, like getting a firm to make the fuel rail, or an lsd for the gearbox,or forged internals so it can take more than 163bhp if needed, surely you must agree mike, micra shells can be picked up for ten a penny, and you probs could of bought a mint white Si for half the price, not having a rant or anything, its not my money, but if it was,well........ STILL,it does look nice, top effort on the build, keep it up buddy(Y)

£1k is about the going rate for a good quality respray if you don't mind doing the prep. I paid the same for a respray in twin pack. As for picking up a mint shell for £1k, unless you're very lucky that's a hard thing to achieve. Pistons would however be my governing choice among other things.

Looks very nice Stani and I like the interest in white wheels, I have had a set of powdercoated OZ SL's in white, had them on around 3 years or so now. They're a pain to keep clean, but a white K11 with white wheels looks dead smart when cleaned up, I say go for it!

Theres always more money appearing for things like that. Forged pistons- no for me. Lsd-no for more. Fuel rail- done! :D bodywork was priority, my last 5-6 cars have had good bodywork but the bubbling paint on this white one was too much of an eye sore too me. Glad its done as it stands out now

Scott- ill be there but i cant see it being turbo'd, the old me would have had it done straight away but whats the rush eh :) got a full system on so will still have a bit of fun.

Low rider- you wouldnt have pics of white on white do you?

i wasnt suggesting 1k was expensive, the use of exclamations was to point out that such use of money on just paint seems frivilous...i am aware of how much a decent respray costs, but would never go to the exoense of getting my MICRA resprayed, yeah sure i do like the cars and would be my first choice when modifying simply because every ones perception of them is ####, but they are rust buckets at the end of the day. Personally, money allocated to the legit fabrication of a fuel rail would of been more important, as stated earlier in the blog, isnt this going to be a semi-family car?? if so, i would hate to even imagine if that fuel ruptured and sprayed fuel over the turbo whilst driving with my family in the car, just a thought....

This one is a little old, (circa 2008), and it doesn't do the car justice either. Looks way better in the flesh, but gives the general idea.

Attachments

• dave1.jpg
    dave1.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 765
I had some Oz Grand Turismo and they where evenly space and if i recall 16 spokes pain in the arse to clean but looked lush

Loving the white on black wheels stani looks great mate.

Yup, OZ SL's, still one of the lightest non-forged wheels you could buy for the money. I'll probably swap them over for some Enkei RPF1's at some point in gold.

Ive gathered most of my front exhaust pipe parts. Flange for cat, 57mm pipe through 2x45 degree bends into the flexi then onto a 63mm pipe onto a 3 bolt flange for my starlet decat pipe

2276ac10.jpg

1999d565.jpg

Recieved my frankspeed steelies yesterday, they are funking awesome and what a great job he has made of them!! I sanded them all down primed them and painted them. Lacquer tomorrow then tyres on friday :D

2e9300f3.jpg

3e7aa891.jpg

f3b2012e.jpg

Back