• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

btw how do you collect this data? just keep receipts, or log the milage every time you fill up with the cost of the fuel? On a serious note.

yes between fill-ups I generally try to maintain a consistant driving style (urban light/hard, motorway light/hard),
always brim the tank,
obtain receipt,
note how many miles travelled since last brim-up,
note what driving style.
reset the odometer for the next fill-up,
then enter all in spreadsheet that logs cost and simple mpg calcs

yes between fill-ups I generally try to maintain a consistant driving style (urban light/hard, motorway light/hard),
always brim the tank,
obtain receipt,
note how many miles travelled since last brim-up,
note what driving style.
reset the odometer for the next fill-up,
then enter all in spreadsheet that logs cost and simple mpg calcs

thats way too much work lol

I just take mileage and receipt and work it out when I have the time as a mental reminder, anything more is a bit much. If I am sitting around the 28mpg mark it's good to know, especially so since the car is running completely open loop on raw fuel tables.

I doubt i'll ever see figures like that this time around but we'll see. Especially so once I get the stupid fuel gauge sorted as I was annoyed to find 15L still in the tank when the reserve light came on......makes sense that I could only ever get 28litres in the &%?* thing :mad:

would you not get a better mpg with ur na build? is it higher compression?

There's pros and cons but the general trend will likely be negative with respect to overall economy.

Pros are we will have higher compression, (almost 13:1), and better EMS with closed loop control. Cons, (and these are pretty big), are the engine is a race engine and, as such, isn't geared to overall fuel economy, (fairly wild cam profiles).

In general I expect the economy to be pretty lousy :D

There's pros and cons but the general trend will likely be negative with respect to overall economy.

Pros are we will have higher compression, (almost 13:1), and better EMS with closed loop control. Cons, (and these are pretty big), are the engine is a race engine and, as such, isn't geared to overall fuel economy, (fairly wild cam profiles).

In general I expect the economy to be pretty lousy :D
.....BECAUSE RACE CAR...Dave

Ohh bitchy :p
images

Shiny Shiny...

But what are the odds, if you look very closely in the background of the third picture...you can see me waving :D

I eventually got round to opening the little xmas present i bought myself. MOT was always the deciding factor for fitting them. I think a powdercoat in silver will do nicely

image-15_zpsf577547b.jpg

i had i dyno run and im thinking for curcuit runs to go for the plastic headlight mod to.
but where can i get them for the early look k11

Good question, there is a preface march on eBay but your buying the whole car. Any scrap march will have them surely

Someone said to me ( feel free to correct me) theres a hole in the dizzy somewhere and if you block it off it revs to like 9000rpm? :L

Got the passenger side pulsar brakes fitted, spent a bit of time cleaning up the pins etc. was never sure if my steels were going to fit over and turns out they do but the back of the wheel hits the caliper so had to 'wait on a mate' to bring over some 5mm spacers (that were mines anyway) before i could properly bolt the wheel up and check again. This time its perfect with just enough clearance. I am worried about my arch hitting the tyre but will find out after driver side is complete

Stock brakes
image-15_zps02a08f89.jpg

Pulsar brakes

image-15_zps69103d9e.jpg

Caliper hitting wheel

image-15_zps896da83f.jpg

5mm saviour

image-15_zps26ab8a5e.jpg

Clearance?

image-15_zpsb8bd22c9.jpg

Back