100 pounds..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,
I was thinking what are a few mods that I could do for roughly 100 pounds that make even a bit of difference.

I'm not limited to 100 pounds but I thought that would be a good starting point for now ;)

I'm also toying with the idea of almera Air box and K&N filter, Keeping my standard air box and K&N filter but redoing the air intake or getting a cone filter and also having a cold air feed.

Any ideas what the best option for performance would be?

ahh cool thanks, I was also thinking I might be able to get another throttle body from some ware and grind the butterfly down a little like EBB did :) just not sure where to get one from :( not sure where to get an air box either, Where is the best place to mount the cold air feed? currently its a larger feed but its still behind the light :)

If yours is a 1.0L a set of 1.3 cams will do you the world of good (I assume that works for C/P cars?)

Also try and get a Frankspeed mani or a cheap 4-2-1

I have the 1.4 coil pack with a frankspeed Mani, Decat and Peter Lloyd system, Lowered on Apex springs and Bilstein shocks And a custom CAI with a K&N Panel :)

for a ton I would consider replacing serviceable items that are coming towards the end of life or upgrading the brakes so you can stop sooner.

Mike

Like mine :)

IMG_20130411_170430.jpg

Is that for better traction? I still haven't got Alloys :( I really want like 15 spoke Black 14s or Black Minilites :(

Nah, just coz it'll still be pretty slow whatever you do with your £100 - so you may as well look good while you are doing it.

^would look pretty coll with less of both tyre and ride height. Nice colour over the black wheels.

I totally agree with you, just comes down to funds atm, something i dont have a great deal of. Thinking of 40-50mm drop, just need to save up for the parts

have the head skimmed til it detonates on less than 98ron (10.5:1 ish?), remove the air filter and strip the interior, gut the cats and silencers so they're straight through (ish), perspex windows, then chop out as many brackets/other metal bits as possible.

AJC, They are the wheels I want but I would want to refurb them so that they have like a thin red rim the whole way round. But that's exactly what I want.. Where did you get them :p

for a ton I would consider replacing serviceable items that are coming towards the end of life or upgrading the brakes so you can stop sooner.

Mike

Brakes won't improve the 0-60 time, but agree with changing the service items

Okay well pads eill be done on my next service probably next month as they are starting to get a little low and I was thinking of changing the disks, Im not sure weather to go for just standard disks or the likes of grooved disks or something.. Im not on a track to often only a few Autosolo's etc

Back