100 pounds..

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Hi Guys,
I was thinking what are a few mods that I could do for roughly 100 pounds that make even a bit of difference.

I'm not limited to 100 pounds but I thought that would be a good starting point for now ;)

I'm also toying with the idea of almera Air box and K&N filter, Keeping my standard air box and K&N filter but redoing the air intake or getting a cone filter and also having a cold air feed.

Any ideas what the best option for performance would be?

OP
OP
nathan.warren69

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
ahh cool thanks, I was also thinking I might be able to get another throttle body from some ware and grind the butterfly down a little like EBB did :) just not sure where to get one from :( not sure where to get an air box either, Where is the best place to mount the cold air feed? currently its a larger feed but its still behind the light :)

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
If yours is a 1.0L a set of 1.3 cams will do you the world of good (I assume that works for C/P cars?)

Also try and get a Frankspeed mani or a cheap 4-2-1

OP
OP
nathan.warren69

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
I have the 1.4 coil pack with a frankspeed Mani, Decat and Peter Lloyd system, Lowered on Apex springs and Bilstein shocks And a custom CAI with a K&N Panel :)

mike

I love Ed!!!!
for a ton I would consider replacing serviceable items that are coming towards the end of life or upgrading the brakes so you can stop sooner.

Mike

Like mine :)

IMG_20130411_170430.jpg

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Is that for better traction? I still haven't got Alloys :( I really want like 15 spoke Black 14s or Black Minilites :(

Nah, just coz it'll still be pretty slow whatever you do with your £100 - so you may as well look good while you are doing it.

^would look pretty coll with less of both tyre and ride height. Nice colour over the black wheels.

I totally agree with you, just comes down to funds atm, something i dont have a great deal of. Thinking of 40-50mm drop, just need to save up for the parts

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
have the head skimmed til it detonates on less than 98ron (10.5:1 ish?), remove the air filter and strip the interior, gut the cats and silencers so they're straight through (ish), perspex windows, then chop out as many brackets/other metal bits as possible.

OP
OP
nathan.warren69

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
AJC, They are the wheels I want but I would want to refurb them so that they have like a thin red rim the whole way round. But that's exactly what I want.. Where did you get them :p

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
for a ton I would consider replacing serviceable items that are coming towards the end of life or upgrading the brakes so you can stop sooner.

Mike

Brakes won't improve the 0-60 time, but agree with changing the service items

OP
OP
nathan.warren69

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Okay well pads eill be done on my next service probably next month as they are starting to get a little low and I was thinking of changing the disks, Im not sure weather to go for just standard disks or the likes of grooved disks or something.. Im not on a track to often only a few Autosolo's etc