1.8 litre turbo micra officially for sale

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Some information can be found here:

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21050&highlight=litre+blog

I am selling this micra as i now need the space (and my mrs has told me to).

I have fitted the bumpers and grill, loosly mind just to see how it all fits up which is good, if you want any other pics that aren't on the blog then i could post up this weekend.

I am looking for around £750, it needs collecting, But i am open to offers feel free to ask questions.

Thanks Paul

No tax or MOT, does start and drive. It needs the brake calipers replacing but i have these ready to go with the car.

It'll need 4 tyres and the calipers fitting, probably a good service. I haven't had it in for advisories.

This is a project car so some time will need to be spent on it howver the outcome could be awsome.

So how far have you got with the conversion then Paul, is it all running?
Not going to say I'm definately interested but could be persuaded otherwise.....The CA18DET is my favourite engine after all.

Apologise 1.8 turbo.

Yep she is running idles nicely revs fine. As before she is a project so there is worl to be done, however she is running so you'd be a good way there.

I am open to some offers.....

So how far have you got with the conversion then Paul, is it all running?
Not going to say I'm definately interested but could be persuaded otherwise.....The CA18DET is my favourite engine after all.
Just FYI it's a CA18ET, not DOHC :)

Glad to hear it all runs well, could be a good project for some one! I'll update the thread title now :)

James.

Dude, some constructive critisim.. i think your looking for a bit much maybe..

In the condition its in, or at least how it looks in the thread.. the time of year, and the economic balls up at the moment.. I dont think people are going to part with the best part of a grand..

Maybe some fresh, daylight pics and/or a video of it running or even moving might help?

..If your keen on the price, maybe in the spring I would say Youve more of a chance..

..Given xmas is in a fewdays.. id say 450/500 is a realistic price..AT THE MOMENT.

I totally agree i am planning to get some pics up this weekend but i ended up working a 14 hour day yesterday so i will try today.

The price is what i would like because i think its worth it, however i am open to offers the worst i can say is no.

People maybe surprised.

PM'd,

Sorry for the delay with the pics as most people this time of year getting home from work when its dark and starting when its dark.

OK guys just because i need the space now i will let her go for

£550.

NO LESS... though she owes me more than that but i can appreciate she still needs work.

Let me know if you are interested.

GOD! someone buy this!!!! £500 is mega cheap for this, its something diffrent and one off engine swap ive never seen before.....

if i had the money i would have it :(

Ok .......
Tyres (15’s or 16s)
Fit callipers – upgrade in future
Put dash together with new dials
Wire in tacho in dials
Rub and treat rust around arches – kurust
Make exhaust adjustment for gear lever
Fit induction – ebay £22
Service: plugs
Leads
Oil
Fuel/oil filter
Engine cleaner – internal
CLEAN IT

This is my list of jobs next, i would like to point out MY LIST if someone else had it they may have a different list but this is my next set of jobs. In my eyes, there are soem other little jobs i'm sure but i'm sure they will show up after the main bits above.

I am being as honest as i can. I don't think any of the above are big jobs just time consuming.

As i said i will be completely honest, there maybe things i have missed but at the end of the day its a lot of car for the money with some serious potential.

hi mate
interested in the micra turbo
send me you number so we can talk

is it taxed and tested has the micra got the front bumper
would you consider part exchange with a micra 1.0 on a s reg
thanks

The exhausts i liked the look of on her except they were really loud and at closer inspection underneath they had more fumes coming out the gaps then out the end so i rippied it off. I still have the bodykit needs a good rub back and some repair work easily salvageable but i'm toying with the stealth car idea looks pretty good with the black bumpers, i think.

I does, noone would expect it lol... i like the idea!!! Especially in ireland noone expects micras to creep up on them and nearly lift off lol!! Have u drove it yet?!?!

Everytime i come on here i keep having a look at this!! Move closer will ya lol!!! Nothings close enough for me!!! WIsh i still lived in london lol!!! Well i dont at the same time!!!

You think it's in good enough running condition to drive alot? as it stands? or would it need further tweaking, and with regards to the other bits that need doing, it's fine.

hmm it's along way any further details?

as far as i can tell there isnt much info on how well the engine was put in. do you have pics of the mounts? shafts?
is the wiring as bad as it looks, or does it just need a quick tidy up?
does everything electrical work like the dials? switches? fans? cental locking? leccy windows?
whats it like for rust?
you have clearly put alot of effort into this car, im sorry you didnt get to finnish it and have it all up and running. i hope you got somthing out of the prodject if not a finnished car.
some pics of the inside might help too?

I'll post up some pics of the mounts for you, i don't know unfortunately how well the engine was put in as i bought it with the engine in. all the lights seem to work, all the dials seem to work except the rev count i think it just needs wiring in. switches work, fan works, central locking works, leccy windows work, got a small amount of rust starting to show on the rear arches but it is minimal. I have enjoyed playing with the car. She runs very smoothly just takes a few mins to start but i still believe this will be sorted with a good service and some fine tuning. Once she is running she is quiet and smooth.

Back