1.4 Standard Micra 1/4 Mile

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Just FYI really,

ran the micra at santa pod yesterday, as you do when your bored on a sunday. its a standard 1.4 (on steelies) with k&n panel filter, removed aircon and thats it. i didnt even remove the spare wheel! :O or the lemon sherberts! it was just for fun really.

here are the times anyway, i really have no clue if they are good or not but it was slightly quicker then my brothers 1.6si fiesta.

run 1:
reaction: 0.211
time: 17.923
speed: 75.91

run 2:
reaction: 0.640
time: 17.754
speed: 74.99

run 3:
reaction: 0.604
time: 17.652
speed: 75.12

is that good?? lol

Yeah thats comparable with a 1.3, with a manifold i bet them things would fly. Not sure what had to be done to get one to fit being dual lmbda and all.

thats not a problem, it will be janspeed'd i know how to do that even with gaytronic ecu... and no i wasnt asleep, i never done drag racing before so it was like "whens it going go green? huh? wot? ****! its green!"

thats not a problem, it will be janspeed'd i know how to do that even with gaytronic ecu... and no i wasnt asleep, i never done drag racing before so it was like "whens it going go green? huh? wot? ****! its green!"

i no what you mean mu first one was almost a second, summat like 0.87.

lol

According to an internet site (so it must be true) my reactions are 0.54 seconds so your not too bad, apparently if its less than 0.5 it didn't count anyway.

yeah the reaction in drag racing is .5, if you reacted below this it means you moved before the green went on.

The trick is apparantly to launch when you see the last orange light because by the time your brain reacts to that you've probably launched on green! I've got my old timeslips somewhere but it doesnt matter i'll be getting some new ones at the end of the month! ;)

The trick is apparantly to launch when you see the last orange light because by the time your brain reacts to that you've probably launched on green! I've got my old timeslips somewhere but it doesnt matter i'll be getting some new ones at the end of the month! ;)

Up for RWYB on October 6th? :upside:

I'm already going to Shakespeare County on the 30th Sept but I may be able to muster another one if my clutch can handle it! lol

Aye, there's quite a few coming, including a fair few from the MSC - maybe make it a joint meet?

AOC list currently stands at:
1)CoV,
2)Dale,
3)DevilMan,
4)GTi kurt,
5)James,
6)johnygti,
7)mfthechef,
8)rowdy-GTi,
9)TheSam,
10)tommo
11)nismo_billy
12)Raceworx
13)Kristian
(MSC people bolded lol)

Aye, there's quite a few coming, including a fair few from the MSC - maybe make it a joint meet?

AOC list currently stands at:

(MSC people bolded lol)

I'll come along to that, not far for me really....

Kev

My White turbo ran 15.002 at santa pod earlier this year..

This was with low boost 6psi.. I rekon 14.6/7 ish with the 150 its set for now... Esp with new block

Really? How?

well before my third gear lagged so bad which slowed my car down, ive now got tomei cams in it and bigger fuel injectors, i also have a dastek unichip to get fitted so i cant wait :p and its a non turbo :slm: crail on the 16th of this month so ill see soon enough :upside:

not comparable to rlee's time though since yours is more extensivly modified..

and from what i've heard from many many many people is that crail is faster then pod.

i bet it'd tell a different story at the pod

i measured my 0-60 time the other day, realy unsure about accuracy but low 8's is about right...

janspeed and straight through, Avanti cams, Head work, Manifold de-burring and no interior...

i need a re-map and some 1600 stuff..

Back