MSC 1/4 mile rules for 2012 onwards

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
MSC 1/4Mile Rules for 2012

It has been noted that there have been a few threads & some discussions related to the validity of 1/4mile times during 2011. We have therefore decided to lay out some rules to help stimulate a competitive & fair forum and local/national club meets during the 2012 season.

Locations:
Santa Pod Raceway, being a well known 1/4mile drag strip in a central location with a wide availability for RWYB dates, is considered to be the preferred venue. Those who are unable to attend this venue due to location, (i.e. our most southern & northern members), or do not wish to attend this venue may post times at any other UK raceway, (Crail, East Kirkby, Elvington, North Weald, Shakespear or York). It should be noted that times posted at each individual raceway are ONLY valid at said raceways and times between venues shall NOT be considered to be valid in comparison. This is so that those who wish to have some 1/4mile fun in the true spirit of competition will be encouraged to make the effort to attend a central venue and also to help to avoid any standard arguments over validity of times. We realize that ALL club members may not be able to make one central venue, but this should allow people, at the very least, to enjoy good clean 1/4mile fun within respective geographical member areas.

Vehicles:
Since there are MANY members within the MSC and a wide spread of vehicles, (K10, K11, K12 and even K13 Micras), it will be extremely difficult to specify an all encompassing set of rules to cover any given states of modification/budget. As such, cars will be initially broken down by model, (K10, K11, K12 & K13) and then into 2 main groups;

Group A - Naturally Aspirated
Group B - Forced Induction (plus any Group A + Turbo/Supercharger/Nitrous)

The above will be split with respect to their engine CC class to ensure a competitive arena within groups. This will allow those members who have undertaken engine swaps to find their respective groups. i.e. CG, GA and SR series.

Modifications:
It had been noted from advancements during 2011 that there are a lot of potential modification areas such as camshaft, compression ratio, cylinder head, induction & exhaust, flywheel, gearbox, weight reduction, EMS, engine swaps etc. As such, all vehicles within their respective engine class will be broken down into the following sub-groups;

- Stock - The standard block, crank, pistons, head and intake shall be retained. Camshafts, exhausts, air filters and ECU changes can be made. The car shall retain the standard drivetrain.

- Modified - In addition to modifications permitted under Stock, modification to the cylinder head, compression ratio and intake are allowed providing that a single intake tract is retained. Drivetrain modifications are permitted in the form of flywheel lightening, non standard clutches and alterations to gearbox ratios.

- Pro-Modified - In addition to modifications permitted under both Stock and Modified, modification to the crankshaft*, conrods*, valvetrain and pistons* can be made. Additionally multiple intakes are allowed such as bike carbs or throttlebodies.

*Crankshaft, conrod & pistons modifications resulting in an increased/decreased cubic capacity shall be declared and the vehicle re-classed as applicable.

Vehicle Weight
Vehicle weight will be considered 'free' for OEM removable items such as interior trims, spare wheels, seats, batteries and any attributed weight removed from engine modifications such as lightened flywheels etc. For the majority this should prove to be acceptable. However, should competition become uncompetitive or a situation arises where times cannot be agreed, the vehicles in question shall provide a weight-bridge slip and the lighter of the 2 vehicles shall be ballasted to level the field.

Tires
Tires shall be road legal. Permitted tires shall be in accordance with MSA Blue Book - List 1A. Slicks are not permitted.

As is standard with many rules, any and all rules are subject to change at any time should we feel things are becoming non-competitive. Any such updated will be posted here for all to access.

:laugh: if it gets more members competing ant, i,m easy (its gonna be difficult to police tho eh :eek:)

If people have to cheat to do better then just shows their lack of skill and ability to do it right and fair. Only kidding themselves.

not really ed. its not like there is price to be won or something. i dont think anyone is taking the times that seriously. i ####ingfwn hope not

who says I wont sponsor a prize? Having said that then I'll be accused of being biased :)

By having categories you won't be comparing your car with a car well out of your league, eg bog standard 1.0 v Paul's 1.3 turbo

Or even the ga16/sr20 micras, don't know about you but I'd much rather brag about beating a car that's comparable to mine than get my arse handed to me by one than isn't

not really ed. its not like there is price to be won or something. i dont think anyone is taking the times that seriously. i ####ingfwn hope not

LOL, you only have to search the forums to know that that isn't the case. I for one welcome the above, it will certainly help needles from getting stuck in their grooves
thumbsup.gif

Back