• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

jowley's red car

jowley

Ex. Club Member
hey all been reading through the blogs, so good, so i decide to start another one.
heres the car as standard
IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

fitted ashley downpipe back exhaust system
engine it out at the mo be race built.

got some of the new parts yesterday
exhaust manifold
lower an upper strut brace
paddle clutch
lowering springs and shocks
just waiting for camshafts to come back to finish the engine
and the door handles and boot light stip sent for painting saw moddedmicras car and they look great thanks for the idea.
IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

have painted the rocker cover battery strap and bars that go from the engine to gearbox red but they came out dull so if laquer doesnt brighten them up the paints coming off

hey i have now fitted the door handles and rear no plate light strip and bonnet vent after painting.
waiting on camshafts coming back now to fit the engine was suposed to have been here today no show realy annoying lol will post some pictures tomoz

hi frank, yeh my local engine services are building the engine so they have all the stuff.

Mate what make of clutch is that? if you dont mind me asking where did you get it from and how much?

Car is coming along well
Cheers
Peter

its a helix clutch from micra sport at the loving cost of 305.69 delivered

and also are my alloys the super s ones as im have trouble locating the caps

also are my alloys the super s ones as im have trouble locating the caps

looking at the photo I would say no they are not your normal 93-96?? super s alloys.

My guess and correct me if I'm wrong someone but I'd say they are the optional extra alloy that nissan sold as an upgrade for micras when they came out.
Are they a genuine nissan alloy, have you checked the back of them? If they are then thats my guess but they are not the super s alloy.
hope that helps.

ah thats why im struggling its a genuine super s and they are nissan alloys so maybe thats where my problem lies

jowley

my 95 super s had the 5 spoke alloys on (they,re on my car now), i,ve got 3 covers somewhere, and i saw 3 wheels in a yard in brum (cant remember if they had covers on tho)

well im in need of four as all have mine have been siliconed on so need them in good conidtion if anyone has any??

here an update cams have arrived back and should be fitting engine on tues

door handle
handle.jpg

bonnet vent
bonnetvent.jpg

rear no plate lamp
noplatelamp.jpg

windscreen sticker
windscreen.jpg

rear side sticker messed he micra sport one up badly was really slanted lol
sidewindow.jpg

hey cars runing well done 150 miles so far just one little problem i had left the alternator wire loose lol sorted it now tho heres a couple of pic of it now
IMAG0047.jpg
IMAG0048.jpg
IMAG0046.jpg
IMAG0045.jpg

hey update engine is now run in an runnin well have sorted the camshafts out to get them fitted just gotta fit them bike carbs should be ready in two weeks then of to a rolling road in a=any one knows of a good rolling road tuning place??

bike carbs due to be fited on sat had too go back a inch too long will get pics up tues need some socks for them now if any one has?

bike carbs due to be fited on sat had too go back a inch too long will get pics up tues need some socks for them now if any one has?

4 bellmouths through the bulkhead, and exiting behind the dash would sound nice :cool:
(like i had in my old mini, with a 45 dcoe where the speedo used to go)

Coming along nicely mate, liking the White rocker cover, I'm thinking of doing the same but with the rising sun logo.

What effect on the car is there when you change/upgrade HT leads?

were bouts in sheff you live haven't seen you driving around yet

stannington drive all over tho.
looking forward to the meet.

i would have them thro the bulk head but its loud as it is in need of a butterfly flap in the exhaust

the rocker cover is painted silver with a red undercoat (the red went wrong lol)

not sure of the effects of the leads cause did it all at the same tym but should improve it

bit of an update an spec list got the car back today after having the bike carbs set up and minor tune, got back and the regualtor went down blew fuel evrywhere must of lost a few ltrs lol so gonna hopefully get it under warrenty.

specs-

engine
-ap forged pistons and con rods
-lightened and balanced crankshaft and flywheel
-helix racing paddle clutch
-ported and polishes head with 3 angled valves
-piper ultimate camshafts (to be fitted)
-high performance 8mm plug leads
-ashley exhaust system inc manifold
-custom inlet on bike carbs and performance air filter

suspension
-spax 35mm lowering springs
-koni adjustable shocks
-whiteline hd rear antirollbar
-whiteline lower strut brace
-whiteline upper strut brace
-whiteline camber kit

exterior
-painted door handles and no plae light
-bonnet vent
-destickered and badged
-ripspeed 6 spoke alloys 15"
-custom show plates

interior
-stripped out back half and carpets
-beat 250 head unit with usb
-beat 6x9's rear speakers
-pionneior 5" front speakers

bit of an update an spec list
specs-

engine
-ap forged pistons and con rods
-lightened and balanced crankshaft and flywheel
-helix racing paddle clutch
-ported and polishes head with 3 angled valves
-piper ultimate camshafts (to be fitted)
-high performance 8mm plug leads
-ashley exhaust system inc manifold
-custom inlet on bike carbs and performance air filter

Hell of a spec on the engine mate, I thought AP only did clutches and brakes, didnt know they did forged pistons and con rods was that a special order?
For the carb set up you want to be running no more than 1.5 bar or it will be over fueling, you would be better off getting a facet fuel pump and a regulator.
What ECU are you using?

Hell of a spec on the engine mate, I thought AP only did clutches and brakes, didnt know they did forged pistons and con rods was that a special order?
For the carb set up you want to be running no more than 1.5 bar or it will be over fueling, you would be better off getting a facet fuel pump and a regulator.
What ECU are you using?

your right there not ap was thinking of a car at wrk lol will find out what they are. gonna get a facelit pump runing at 2.5psi

finaly got the parts to fit them camshafts so the head is coming off on mon to be ported to the inlet manifold and a new valve had a t**t go thro a puddle fast and drowned my car and its bent 1/2 valves and gonna fit the bike carbs too got a fuel pump now and gonna give it a good wash and polish!

Very Nice, Jowley coming along great., can't believe it, just realised that I saw your car at the last ferrybridge meet, durh. When I get my car back on the road I'll have to organise another one, when I'm not ill.

yeah sounds good im aiming for 180 at the flywheel on a n/a. yeah defo have to sort another meet im goin to the staffordshire meet

Back