you think there will be any problems running the Tb horizontally

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Do you think i will come over any problems running a cg throttle body horizontaly rather than vertically?

Nope, plenty of japanese cg13's have a similar setup, some even running ga15 and sr20 throttles horizontally, if i was on my laptop i would share some pics

Sent from... My phone

ooooh, what pics you got?? im quite partial to a bit of asian stuff :D

i been looking at the 15 tb, prob not worth the money for the gain, will just get my cg butterfly on a diet. i want to keep the original tb set up if poss so i dont have to faff with seperate MAF and idle sensors, probably more of a headache than needed :D

searching is quite a pain on the phone, later on ill get some pics to show you but this is just a taste, it's a very popular choice on a lot of high powered cg13's. Search mulholland and it should get you a few pics of their work :)

DSC03856.jpg

Sent from... My phone

Also I did think about the iacv/maf issue, if you dont use something like nistune to map then possibly an apexi safc and run a sr20 throttle and maf? As for the iacv, its possible to remote mount it as well as run it without the idle control altogether
Sent from... My phone

Not instantly apparent in the rough pictures but what the japs do is cut the flange off the glanza manifold and weld the cg/cga onto the manifold, obviously cutting off enough to still be able to fit the injectors and stuff :)

Sent from... My phone

ye but my inlet is steel. im thinking of cutting the cg alu mani down like you say and kinda fashioning it into an adapter bolting the corolla one through it. so it will be head/gasket/original chopped maifold flange with injector holes/toyota inlet gasket/ toyota manifold. will have to get some mocking up done

I follow you but your problem then will probably be clearance with the firewall?

Unless you cut the toyota flange, remove about an inch or so of material and weld the flange back into place, but you then run the risk of warping the flange as well

If you can get your hands on the intake mani from a 4efte glanza/gt turbo theyre made of aluminium so should make mating to the cg mani easier

Sent from... My phone

hehe i bike carbed a polo i had a few years ago, i want to stay fuel injected to save on fuel, still going to be a daily driver, just want more efficient power :D

my toyota mani and SR20 t/b worked fine hoop :) it had some really bad leanspots at full throttle tho.
and the 60mm SR t/b and 60mm stock maf body are perfect for N/A imo

P9210106.JPG

looks awesome Frank. what did you get the injector seats off? do you think it was leaning out at WOT because of the size of the TB and maf you were using? i.e if i stick with the cg i should be ok?

looks awesome Frank. what did you get the injector seats off? do you think it was leaning out at WOT because of the size of the TB and maf you were using? i.e if i stick with the cg i should be ok?
i cant remember if i cut some bits of tube mate ? some more pics here http://micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=69926
and i,ve been running the SR t/b and cutoff stock maf on this current high comp engine for a while now :)
edit, i think the leanouts were because of the very different shape/characteristics of mani personally, because my current SR/CGA setup runs fine

i cant remember if i cut some bits of tube mate ? some more pics here http://micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=69926
and i,ve been running the SR t/b and cutoff stock maf on this current high comp engine for a while now :)
edit, i think the leanouts were because of the very different shape/characteristics of mani personally, because my current SR/CGA setup runs fine

excellent link :D i was searching this site for those very pics as i remember you posting them in WDIDT but couldnt find them haha

im going to get the inlet made up and test it on a normal cr cg13 in my car before i go about fitting it all in one go. also get that civic manifold a working over to get that to fit, that should be easy enough.

Its definitely got potential eh hoopdub, i gave up in frustration tho, the low throttle was fine (to my surprise :) ).
It needs a couple of hours on a dyno to get it running/setup properly

hmmm, and with you saying that the thought comes back into my head, eff it why bother lol, i can see all my bits going in the FS section now lol

ye but i know i will never get around to it lol, i will get it all built up, it wont work properly out the box, cost me more time money and effort that could have been spent on a fast car in the first place lol. may just stick with being low and slow ;D

ye but i know i will never get around to it lol, i will get it all built up, it wont work properly out the box, cost me more time money and effort that could have been spent on a fast car in the first place lol. may just stick with being low and slow ;D
just go for the high comp/SR t/b/QG injector/CG maf/exh mods setup hoop, tried and tested and pulls like a 1.6 ;)

if your 1.3 is giving other cars hasssle at the minute, these mods franks on with will crush em hard, (i drove the frankster with them mods on an he flew ! had to do a double take to make sure it wasnt just ten minutes of fun)

Awesome cheers Frank. I been reading up on afr fair play what i thought i new wasn't worth knowing lmao. Just so happens i nabbed a cga inlet today. Pink qg injectors also :)

Back