Another problem with my throttle body... I think...

Dear Forum,

I have a 2000 micra 1.0 and its not running properly, unfortunately.

Poor throttle response and it sits and gurgles if you quickly put the foot down on the throttle.

Anyway, I disconnected the top electrical connection on the throttle body, the one that sits about half way down the main tube bit and the car runs fine, albeit its slightly hesitant when its idling but not stalling. its the Bosch type of throttle body. The cars been running fine with this disconnected for a couple of weeks.

Is this the kind of problems that people get when the sensors fail? and would you think the best bet would be to change the throttle body unit?

I am a bit reluctant to go to Nissan to get it done due to the cost and the local garage when it was in getting serviced couldnt get any meaningful fault codes from the ECU. Having a look it seems to be a relatively straightforward job to do my only concern is if thats actually whats wrong.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Paul.

hello mate i've got a k11 on a 2000 X plate 1.4 anyway i had the same problem. its a air flow sensor. its 50 pounds from buying it from the internet but make sure u look at your numbers on your air flow sensor make (bosch)

Ok, got the new air flow sensor for 38 quid, had a bit of trouble getting the 5 sided security torx screws out the side of the throttle body that hold the sensor in so ended up just cutting across the heads of them with a hacksaw then using a normal screwdriver. Not ideal but it works well if you dont have the 5 sided bits.

Anyway got it all connected up and it seems to be working well so far!

Back