Wiring Is Blown- What to do and how much?

Right,
Was putting a new head unit in but forgot to switch the car off and then when i put it in no power went through.
tried putting the old radio cassette back in but even that didn't receive power,
ended up messing the wires about and getting power to my new head unit from the cigarette lighter and opening the whole interior in the process!

what do you guys reckon happened and what caused it?
i have heard that the car must be switched off but that's just a suspicion i have which might have caused it.

and how much will it cost to get it repaired?
working perfectly through the cigarette lighter but i'm thinking about getting it sorted.

no power goes through the wire

i expect that you will have just blown some fuses, check all the fuses in the fuse box (under the right hand side of the dash). replace all blown ones.

Is the aerial plugged in and working? The headunit grounds to the aerail on the micra. If thats a problem you will have to manually earth the black wire from the ISO plug.

Also double check the fuse. Ive had a situation where Ive changed the fuse and it still wasnt working... After hours of finding out what it was it turned out I had changed it with another dodgy fuse.... lol!

Is the aerial plugged in and working? The headunit grounds to the aerail on the micra. If thats a problem you will have to manually earth the black wire from the ISO plug.

Also double check the fuse. Ive had a situation where Ive changed the fuse and it still wasnt working... After hours of finding out what it was it turned out I had changed it with another dodgy fuse.... lol!
yup,
aerial is working,
everything working.

just that no power goes through

Use a multimeter on the wiring and check you've got power. May sound daft but have you turned the key in the ignition? Don't think the head unit comes on without accessory power

Back