VW P*lo help fairly urgently

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Hi,

I'm installing a complete ICE setup for my friend in her Polo today that she got for her birthday, exactly the same kit as I've got. I've wired it all in, and the last bit to go in was the remote turn ons for the FLI active sub and FLI amp (same cable). I connected it to the cigarette lighter, but since then I've had no power through to the head unit or cigarette lighter and I'm stumped now. I've checked all the fuses I can find and nothing seems blown.

Any suggestions fairly urgently before she gets back from 6th form? :doh:

Tom

OK I don't know what I did, but the power is back on, but the sub isn't running (never has yet). I have it plugged into the line-out of the head unit, and it definitely has power as the green light is on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

hey tom what head unit is it mate as you might need to change a setting on the head unit so it is on line out and so it is on a decent volume as that was what was wrong with mine before

It works when the RCA's are on the main amp, but not when I attach them to the sub's amp. I think there must be a fault in the sub as I've just tried it in my car and it has the same problem, green light but no noise

Cheers,
Tom

strip a little section of the blue wire from the back of the head unit and attach the remote wire round the bare bit of the blue wire. then put a bit of tape aroun d it to keep it in place. refit the headunit and your sub should be good to go then.

Back