Wires and Head Unit's blown

So I fitted my amp, put the ground battery lead back on battery and saw some sparks comming from it. Then I put the fuse in the amp power lead, now everying is fuse blown. The radio won't turn on, but thats probably cause the horn and hazard light is blown, and the amps two 25 fuse blown, so gonna replace and hopefully eveything all right.

bloody thing is still blowing the fuses at the amp, so will try bigger fuses, it has two 25 amp fues, with a 50 glass amp near battery. so i rekcon two 30 amp and it could be fine, it sparks when i put it in, when the fuse near the battery is off, and the fuse near the battery sparks if i connect it with the fuse it in.

but the headunit still does not works, looks to me like it might be fried, aint happy no sound, craappy car eleictrics, phhh

Check all your links and power cables, sounds like you've got a short somewhere.

Wish you were closer and I'd take a look.

Might be an idea to fuse your HU, I've done this in the past, whilst hacking apart wiring when I wasn't fortunate enough to have an ISO harness present.

yep, might find a better ground i got it on the boot lock screw, and i didnt scrub the paint underneath that good,

and the headunit does have a fuse at the power, and one at the headunit, the one at the power went which is normal but the one of the headunit unit, a 10 amp blade fuse didnt, which i thought it would of done if the head unit was fired.

have another look another time, and it is a shame , good do with another mind.

Back