Widest Wheel to fit K11

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I've had a search,just before someone suggests it.

The widest 15" seems to be about 5j (with a 195 tyre,maybe a 205)

Whats the widest 13" or 14" wheel that'll fit? I'm after something like what Solarice has got on his K11.

well youre allright as long as the inner part of the rim doesnt come too far in towards the body, just gotta worry about the arches then, but aslong as the ride is low and stiff then there should be no problem, personally id go for a set of 14's with strech tyres. :)

I recon that with a bit of fettling to the arch you will get 7x13s under the front, if they have an offset of about -20.

Here's why:

Wheels.jpg

The left hand side shows a standard 5x13 wheel with 155/70 tyre, and a 7x13 wheel with a 155/65. The right hand side shows the same 7x13 wheel and tyre combo, with my current 6x13 155/70 fitment, as you can see the tyre outer edge ends up in about the same place only with a slightly smaller rolling radius, here's what my fitment looks like in real life,

DSCI0282-1.jpg

Obviously the simulation cant be relied apon but I rekon its a goer. Got to be worth a trial especially if you know a dubber.

ATS CLassics 7x13 -20

Ally Cat 7x13 No offset info, will need good center location and wobble bolts (4x4" PCD)

Both might also need the centres boring to suit the enormo spigots we have.

Its online, www.willtheyfit.com its a modification of an earlier dutch excell spread sheet that has existed for a few years, but is know to be not so accurate with the stretch. This one is supposed to be much better. I believe the stut is VW golf or polo, but might just be a generic sort of strut shape.

yer spotted the watermark in the screenshots just after i hit reply, looks really good, i know what im aiming for now, im getting banded steelies, 13 j7 et 20mm

I had 15" 7j +45 wheels fitted originally on 195 45 tyres, they fitted without any issues, a zero offset would have probs brought them inline with arch lip...if you want dish probs have to take them to a 6j

My current ones are indeed 14" 7j 0 (mine are spaced to an offset -15 on front and -20 on rear now -- after lots of modifications so i could get lock)...however i dont know if youd get them under stock arches (without the spacers obviously :))...id say youd be very close, at the very least youd need some tyre stretch / lower profile...

markbognor i imported mine from Japan :)

i think a 14x8 would be possible with the correct offset (the hard thing to find secondhand)...youd need to make sure you wouldnt be coming near the struts though.

Reply.jpg

Looks like the -15 7x14s might fit under stock bodywork with some "encouragement" to the arch lips, and some expensive 175/50's.

there a bit of poke alright, no not image proper bbs wheels i got from germany, took a risk buying them and it paid off.

the gtir brakes fit inside them aswell even more of a bonus

Back